new citizens group "The National Order"

robacus

Chieftain
I wud like to start to a citizens group that is devoted to great leadership and government loyal to our national glory and honour.

for too long the enemies of our nation have have conspired within themselves and together for our downfall and reduction of our terroirity. this must be stopped. we believe as a strong voise together, we can lead our nation to be greater and feared by those who wish our ruin.

We need to preserve the unity of the one pure race descended from the gods themselves as we wait for the coming of the next order which will reign true over the inferority of the weak and impure.

WE believe the will to power and the rise of the strong over the week.

The National cause is closest to our hearts. Also to destory the tide of mediocrity.

Our cause in one of national rebirth, strenghting of heritage and the ascendency of the true order among nations.

i need members to join together and form a new group deciated leadership, growth and national dignity. We will be a voting bloc.

I believe in;

- aggressive war against the AI to take what is needed

-in a defence war against the AI, our enemies (and friends) must know that we will not be attacked

-becoming the most advanced civ on the planet by any means nessisary

- "addiction trading" this wud mean to trade our luxs wit our friends even if they dont have anything to trade back to us. the principal is that our friends people will become addicted to our wines/furs etc. and thus 20 turns later their leader will be forced to pay up for it unless they like civil disorder

- the idea of a hegamony, with our nation on top of all others to keep them in line

This seems to be based off of mid-1900s Nationalism and Facism. Just a thought, those movements usually found strength not in the idea of "aggressive war against the AI to take what is needed" but actually in restoring what was good and unique about the subject culture (for instance, the majority of German people backed the Nazis over the communists because they believed Hitler wanted a movement away from the new, alienating industrial world and back to "the noble roots of the German people"). So facism and like-paths grew off of cultural things like folk-lore, art, literature and other accomplishments with the exclusion of modern capitalism, industrialism and economics (to the extent that one leader was in full, despotic control).

If you want to focus on great leadership, loyalty and glory and honor for the nation, I would start there at the roots of our culture and try to emphasise what is important about our own peoples, then you can move on to comparing them to other nations and discerning how those said nations fit into our final plans. I don't say this in criticism, I'm actually fascinated with nationalism/fascism (seriously, maniacs like Hitler gave it a bad name). Interestingly enough, you look at those who call in to CNN News (usually in support of Bush on whatever issue) and say that those who disagree should leave the country and that freedom of thought/speech shouldn't be expressed may be the same type of people that would have supported the rise of a fascist leader (of course that is all conjecture, and it is clear that they probably aren't too serious about their mandates, but, to whatever degree, it is in their hearts).

Needs less rambling. : )

i dont think u got the point of the the National Order Kato. its not about the last two centenies ideas of nationalism and loyalty. we are playing civ here and if u are a good civ player like im sure u are u will reliese that things just dont work our ways sometime because we are not the most intimidating nation.

this has to stop.

Everyturn we wait and discuss peace wit babylon they build and shift their forces around so to bring about our collapse

i call upon warmongers, monarchists and other good free people of Fanistica to unite together.

Less rambling? kato man ure last paragraph there "made about as much sence as King Aggamemnon riding a teradon at the battle of marathon" - Family Guy Quote dam that show is funny

no offence

Although i dont really agree with him much, Kato is right, this does sound like a facism.

Who are the scapegoats going to be? Babylon? Egypt? The Jews?
You know, the people or civ that "is the reason that we arent kings (and queens) of the world"

But yes i do believe that we need to defend from (and possibly attack) Babylon to stop the war when possible. I mean, we still need a scapegoat for future times of trouble

Well fascism doesn't mean you necessarily need scapegoats or victims. Fascism (and here I'm thinking of the theories detailed in several Mussolini essays) is simply a form of governance that puts the emphasis on the group over the individual, "spiritual existence" over materialism, the "natural inequality between men" and duty to the state over seeking personal pleasure. Fascism tends to be war like though, defensively and offensively.

Look guys is there any politial party in the senate that stands for our defence/offence?

And remember playing as fascist in civ in much better than being a peace loving tree hugger

Robacus:

If you make a statement like "playing as fascist in civ in much better than being a peace loving tree hugger" , please use arguments to back-up your point-of-view.

I'd like to express my opinion on this in detail, but 2 reasons prevent me from doing this.
- 1 I don't believe a non-democratic principle belongs in a demo-game.
- 2 I have a tree hugging appointment in less than 20 minutes.

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Robacus:

If you make a statement like "playing as fascist in civ in much better than being a peace loving tree hugger" , please use arguments to back-up your point-of-view.

I'd like to express my opinion on this in detail, but 2 reasons prevent me from doing this.
- 1 I don't believe a non-democratic principle belongs in a demo-game.
- 2 I have a tree hugging appointment in less than 20 minutes.

How would you or others be non-democratic here? Feel free to speak up about the matters at hand and we may try to answer them.

Anyway, Robacus, I believe, was simply referring to the in-game Government type, not something directly concerning the members of the board. And besides, the only points of our fascism that has been discussed here have been mostly strategic defense/offense with AI nations, as well as other "in-game" theories. This is the context of our fascism that we are discussing here.

Kato we dont want to start a non-democratic government here.

The people of Fanactica are the judges of the history books and governments. if u read my first post the greater order of nations is simply an hegamony with us sitting on top. the fascist elements will be for our foreign policy. Strong over the weak and all that.

being the most advanced nation is another goal.

obvisiously im not starting a coup here im trying to build a party for government that is extreme right wing. i dont plan on any laughable totalitarian dicatorship.

the National Order is democratic but fascist in outlook and polities.
If we organise now we can be become a strong voting bloc next elections and maybe run after that.

Mm, I wasn't implying a non-democratic government. Anyway, I believe political groups and voting bloc groups are illegal by the laws of Fanatica, at least not lobby groups anyway (I'd have to check the three books again, but I'm pretty sure). That being said, if a member/sympathizer did get elected to office, or if there were just enough of us, then we could push our agenda.

Either way, I think Robacus said it best, the National Order is a group that supports a pseudo-fascist outlook on foreign policy, basically acknowledging that some are weak and some are strong, and it is only natural that the strong lead the weak (for their own good, since they are fragile when they stand alone). We are not interested at all in massacres/attrocities or overthrowing the government.

I believe these same principils as this chap Robacus, when playing civ. I notice my playing style has veered towards that in which he descrobes for his National Order. As a concerned citizen of Fanatica I will now only put my vote of confidence in the National Order. I hope that it continues to hold my confidence.

Thanks for the support guys so i will make a members list and add your names when i get your consent, cregser has joined and im hoping kato and stragegy gamer will join also.

But we need more warmongers, knights and sciencists to join together here.

Kato do u have any ideas about how we should go about pushing our views in government?

As far as i am aware there are only 5 senators seats which have little or no meaning. if congress is for all citizens to pass laws we cud start there.

Well, like I said, I think political lobbying groups are illegal under Demo-Game rules. The best way to push our views, then, is to polish up our Mission Statement so that anyone could see that it is pretty reasonable and inoffensive, then we should gain the support of other groups. If we do this, then we are already spreading our ideas around, which is what is important.

why are political lobbying groups banned?
a democraty includes the right to free assembly and we shud use this to full effect

I'm not sure, this is just coming from my memory of when I first read the rules. Does anyone else know differently though? Anyway, we shouldn't call ourselves fascists since it has the bad connotation of the plethora of brutal and insane dictators that also used a pseudo-fascist governement to abuse their people and be tyrannical. In the end, we are just a group that is looking out for ourselves, and consideres itself (the government) something that has its supreme duty to its own people, and not to the people or establishments of rival nations.

Oh, and I'll join ; )

Originally posted by cregser
why are political lobbying groups banned?
a democraty includes the right to free assembly and we shud use this to full effect

Just run a search, you'll find one of several threads on this exact topic.

-- Ravensfire

Well i will support any candidate running for election next term as long as they come and post their reasons why the national order shud vote with them. If we can find no candidate to support we shud put forward one of us for at least one office next term.

"if the reichstag is foolish enough to welcome us there that is their own problem. We will set upon them like wolves into the sheep-fold"

Top Bottom