Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Caravan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Dell19

Take a break
Lets call it Dellsville for now but I believe that Corn said this city would become part of the Luna province.

Since its a new city a defensive unit should be top of the list so this is the poll for the next thing it should build after being founded and building a Pikeman. If many people disagree with building a Pikeman then it can be changed but otherwise this vote is to decide what Dellsville should build after the Pikeman.

Attachments

• dellsville.jpg
    dellsville.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 94
If anyone is wondering, I think the settler is going to be moved one more square to the left before it founds the city so that the fish will also be in its city radius.

A temple.

But we should probably bring a crusader or some other offensive unit from the mainland to protect our colony. :)

Corn, you should have built the city as soon as the first swamp was cleared, not wasted time by moving the settler!

It would have had the whale for shields and plenty of trade arrows, and was meant as the advance base against Rome!

Why are you wasting time here?!!?

Let a settler produced from the city improve the land, before this island is stolen or attacked, build the damn city!

Market.

Dell, these polls with more than one "other" option are confusing, because you have to choose one of the two "other" AND specify. And reading the results is even more confusing than with only one "other" option.

I don't know if I made myself clear, but IMO a poll is supposed to be like this:
A
B
C
other

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
Corn, you should have built the city as soon as the first swamp was cleared, not wasted time by moving the settler!

It would have had the whale for shields and plenty of trade arrows, and was meant as the advance base against Rome!

Why are you wasting time here?!!?

Let a settler produced from the city improve the land, before this island is stolen or attacked, build the damn city!

Because no one told me what to do...no one had polled, or submitted ANY opinion.

Thus....I followed what I thought most of you would have wanted. Since you love developing land (I don't bother myself...well not until later that is), I assumed that you would HATE to have swamp in the presious City Radius.

And I acted accordingly. Your the only person that has said I should have done something different...

What do others think?

Originally posted by ACM
Market.

Dell, these polls with more than one "other" option are confusing, because you have to choose one of the two "other" AND specify. And reading the results is even more confusing than with only one "other" option.

I don't know if I made myself clear, but IMO a poll is supposed to be like this:
A
B
C
other

I like it better this way because it groups the other possible options together rather than getting aload of votes for just other, when they are infact posting that they want to build different things.

To me its not very confusing and its makesthe poll neater.

First build a pikeman, and then follow it with a temple.

As for how to make polls, you have up to 20 options so there's really no need to put everything in just a few groups.

So including the first build option the queue looks like this:

Pikeman --> Temple --> Pikeman

If we plan to move a pike there from the homeland, then I vote for temple.

As far as building the city: Yeah, it probably should have been built sooner rather than later. At a later time a different settler could have cleared that swamp. Let's keep in mind, though, that settler work is "stored" with the settler. This is to say if it takes 20 turns to clear the swamp, and this settler has gone 10, then moving the settler and building a city wastes those turns. A new settler on that same swamp would still have to work for 20 turns.

Here's a new proposal:

Since we're (hopefully) planning to move a pike to that island from the homeland, why not move a settler as well. This new settler could then build the city while the one on the swamp continues clearing. When the swamp is gone, then we can move that one back to the homeland - or somewhere else if we wish as well.

I really think that this could work. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom