1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New civ : Australia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Liufeng, Feb 21, 2017.

1. wbjgr

wbjgr Chieftain

So each of these new civs will be 5 bucks like Poland was? Why don't they just bundle them together and offer a bunch of civs at like 20 bucks or something instead... also wtf are the people who bought the season pass supposed to feel?

2. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Damned Aussies.
    Good on 'em!

I'll buy the dlc asap just to kill them every game they appear in :D

Victoria and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Don't assume that. Poland had 6 achievements. This has 10. I think this one will be $7.50.

slyone14 likes this.
  4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Firaxis have stated that geographic diversity is one of the key factors in deciding which new civs should be in the game, so it's probably about time they got around to putting something on the Australian continent. The only surprising aspect is how early in the development cycle it has come; I would have expected it in a 2nd expansion or something.

5. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Don't expect the season pass to offer some crazy savings, it isn't likely to.

6. Art Morte

Art Morte Prince

This is the SIXTH version of the game and Australia get their first appearance - yet some people complain about it? Does not fit my understanding.

That said, if Australia are the only thing in the DLC, I'll probably skip it. Those unique bonuses of theirs don't seem that exciting to me.

7. Eagle Pursuit

8. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

nzcamel, Leyrann and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  9. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

10. Camikaze

11. wbjgr

wbjgr Chieftain

That's why I'm like.. really, Firaxis?

Just seems a bit shady when we look at how G&K and BNW was compared to these little "DLC" scenarios and Civs

12. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Well there are twice as many Kangaroos as there are people in Australia. That's kind of insane to think about really.

nzcamel and slyone14 like this.
  13. Camikaze

If Firaxis really wants to provide a true Australian experience, presumably it'll be $10.

Flaxton and Dark_Jedi06 like this.
  14. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

How many times do the sheep (or the rabbits!) outnumber the people then?

15. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

I think it would be more reasonable to compare civ6 DLCs to civ5 DLCs, and not expansions.

Leyrann, nzcamel, DWilson and 2 others like this.
  16. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

So where does Curtin's ability "Citadel of Civilization" derive from? Only reference I can find online is to a speech by FDR referring to a museum in New York.

Not impressed with Australia--not only in that it's yet another Caucasian civ (and one of the most unimportant historically at that), but its abilities seem like reflavored abilities from other civs. Poland's culture bomb was unique only until Australia came along...And extra combat bonuses with certain terrain types or near coasts for the digger is like Japan and/or many other flavors of unique unit. Outback station is an uninspiring cocktail of bonuses for X improvement nearby as well.

Is it just me or does the civ design quality seem to be deteriorating in originality?

17. Eagle Pursuit

Based on my quick wiki-walking, it is based on a speech by Curtin where he vowed to stand firm against the Japanese and to invite America to take the lead in the Pacific theater.

nzcamel likes this.
  18. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Eh. A shame. But oh well. Guess it would be hard to think of a unique ability name for him.

19. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

This is a surprise. Was not expecting Australia this early. Another civ with culture bombing...

I'm hoping for the next Civ being a regular, like the Incas, Mongols, Persians, or Ottomans, they already have a model for the Janissary (from the Polish scenario), so maybe the Ottomans will be released soon?

I still will buy this DLC. I guess this is the equivalent to Polynesia ending up as a civ in Civ5.

20. Tdot1

Tdot1 Chieftain

Poor Australia, waited so long to get into the Civilisation franchise and then when you finally do everyone is crying out how unimportant they are and how they shouldn't be in the game ...