New civ : Australia

So each of these new civs will be 5 bucks like Poland was? Why don't they just bundle them together and offer a bunch of civs at like 20 bucks or something instead... also wtf are the people who bought the season pass supposed to feel?

Damned Aussies.
Good on 'em!

I'll buy the dlc asap just to kill them every game they appear in :D

So each of these new civs will be 5 bucks like Poland was? Why don't they just bundle them together and offer a bunch of civs at like 20 bucks or something instead... also wtf are the people who bought the season pass supposed to feel?

Don't assume that. Poland had 6 achievements. This has 10. I think this one will be $7.50.

Firaxis have stated that geographic diversity is one of the key factors in deciding which new civs should be in the game, so it's probably about time they got around to putting something on the Australian continent. The only surprising aspect is how early in the development cycle it has come; I would have expected it in a 2nd expansion or something.

Don't expect the season pass to offer some crazy savings, it isn't likely to.

This is the SIXTH version of the game and Australia get their first appearance - yet some people complain about it? Does not fit my understanding.

That said, if Australia are the only thing in the DLC, I'll probably skip it. Those unique bonuses of theirs don't seem that exciting to me.

Don't expect the season pass to offer some crazy savings, it isn't likely to.
That's why I'm like.. really, Firaxis?

Just seems a bit shady when we look at how G&K and BNW was compared to these little "DLC" scenarios and Civs

Kangaroos can be considered pests which are often shot if they hang around farms too often or in large numbers.

Well there are twice as many Kangaroos as there are people in Australia. That's kind of insane to think about really.

Well there are twice as many Kangaroos as there are people in Australia. That's kind of insane to think about really.

How many times do the sheep (or the rabbits!) outnumber the people then?

So where does Curtin's ability "Citadel of Civilization" derive from? Only reference I can find online is to a speech by FDR referring to a museum in New York.

Not impressed with Australia--not only in that it's yet another Caucasian civ (and one of the most unimportant historically at that), but its abilities seem like reflavored abilities from other civs. Poland's culture bomb was unique only until Australia came along...And extra combat bonuses with certain terrain types or near coasts for the digger is like Japan and/or many other flavors of unique unit. Outback station is an uninspiring cocktail of bonuses for X improvement nearby as well.

Is it just me or does the civ design quality seem to be deteriorating in originality?

So where does Curtin's ability "Citadel of Civilization" derive from? Only reference I can find online is to a speech by FDR referring to a museum in New York.

Not impressed with Australia--not only in that it's yet another Caucasian civ (and one of the most unimportant historically at that), but its abilities seem like reflavored abilities from other civs. Poland's culture bomb was unique only until Australia came along...And extra combat bonuses with certain terrain types or near coasts for the digger is like Japan and/or many other flavors of unique unit. Outback station is an uninspiring cocktail of bonuses for X improvement nearby as well.

Is it just me or does the civ design quality seem to be deteriorating in originality?

Based on my quick wiki-walking, it is based on a speech by Curtin where he vowed to stand firm against the Japanese and to invite America to take the lead in the Pacific theater.

Eh. A shame. But oh well. Guess it would be hard to think of a unique ability name for him.

This is a surprise. Was not expecting Australia this early. Another civ with culture bombing...

I'm hoping for the next Civ being a regular, like the Incas, Mongols, Persians, or Ottomans, they already have a model for the Janissary (from the Polish scenario), so maybe the Ottomans will be released soon?

I still will buy this DLC. I guess this is the equivalent to Polynesia ending up as a civ in Civ5.

Top Bottom