1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New civ : Australia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Liufeng, Feb 21, 2017.

1. DocRock

DocRock Prince

Actually I don't care what Civ is new to the game. I'm from Germany and even though we are in the game, I don't really care about it. So put in Australia, Neu Guinea, Luxemburg, some African ones or an alien invasion. Don't care. Just put some real upgrades in this final DLC (that I already paid for! -.-) or I will just deinstall the game, keeping only 4 and 5 on my PC.

2. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Chieftain

Oh look, a whinging pom.

Moderator Action: Please do not troll other posters. -- Browd
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  3. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

I was really surprised it wasn't the Ottomans since their unit was leaked, but I really just think Aus came first because they wanted to call it the Australian summer patch.

And really if both civs are complete then their release order is totally arbitrary and this makes just as much, if not more, sense.

4. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

All things considered, this was nowhere near as bad as the salt that came as a result of Brazil's inclusion in BNW.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  5. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Nah, its just a decent proportion of a small proportion of the players, and really no matter who was released there would be a ton of salt on these fourms. This is NOT the place to see how most of the civ players feel.

DWilson likes this.
  6. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

As an Australian myself, I am of course chuffed to see my nation represented in Civ6.....but I am seriously perplexed that this has come before Persia, or Mali, or the Zulu, or the Shosone.....just to name a few!

7. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

8. xxhe

xxhe Prince

I welcome all fresh civilizations. I guess civs like Mongol, Persia, Ottoman, Korea, Zulu etc will be implemented through expansion packs rather than DLC.

slyone14 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  9. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I'm thinking if the production overflow bug is still present (as in the policy cards for bonus production to range/melee/naval units etc.) that the DOW bonus production is exploitable.

• Build units in every city to 1 turn from completion.
    • annoy someone into DOW
    • switch back to all the 1-turn units, whilst cueing up a district or wonder
    • Profit

10. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I do like seeing new civs in, but would also like more civs to have multiple leaders (still feels weird to have this whole multi-leader ability yet only one civ has multiple leaders), and also would agree it would be nice to get a few of the other "traditional" civs back (Mongol, Persia, etc...). But since it's kind of unrealistic to have 40 civs in the game at release time, I don't mind seeing a new civ show up.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  11. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

I do not understand, many people in the forum have always wanted to see Australia in the game. Many discussion topics were made, many mods were made. Australia in the game has always been the subject of much discussion here.

When we finally have it in the game, people start crying, complaining and hating. Calm down, Australia is in the game, but the great historical powers will also be added. In the game there is room for everyone, the more complete the better.

DWilson, slyone14, oakdragon and 2 others like this.
  12. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince

For people who are displeased about Australia being added, isn't it nice then that it comes in the form of a DLC, so that it is optional? I expect major civilizations to be added in the major expansions, which is more important to have if we want new gameplay features. I would probably be more unhappy if an expansion does not include the historically significant civs like Persia or Ottoman.

13. mdl5000

mdl5000 Warlord

I bet if they threw in some Aboriginal attributes, fewer people would complain.

Victoria likes this.
  14. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I'm going to suggest that over in the Moar Units thread.

bmrigs likes this.
  15. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

I wish a moderator would direct this thread back to lets discuss the content of the DLC, instead of bashing the DLC, bashing the DLC, serves zero purpose at all. This thread should be for discussing the new civ, tips, how you will tackle them. Even if its constructive criticism. I think this thread has gone off topic. Its no wonder that Fireaxis keeps not saying anything.

I for one agree with Xandinho, I love the new direction and giving new fresh civs is welcome and nice to me. I am excited to play this civ. The historical civs, while important, have been done to death in each of the past civs. lets add fresh ones; Vietnam, Philippines, South American civs and more Native America civs.

This civ seems perfect for me it reminds me some of civ 5 America. To me, there is no clear winning strategy here, so it will be a challenge in the direction you play.

Siptah and TruthfulCake like this.
  16. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

Dang, very well said!

17. bmrigs

bmrigs Chieftain

Like Peter the Great says in the game..."stupid, stupid"

18. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Wow, that's both a good set of bonus, and quite relevant to the civ itself, I'm actually quite excited to play as Australia

Eagle Pursuit and slyone14 like this.
  19. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I'm actually thinking Oz is a bit OP in multiplayer. Who wants to DOW them? :crazyeye:

20. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Terrible, horrible choice for a civ.
    The direction Firaxis is taking nowadays is a shame, really :(