New CIV: Denmark: Updated, March 02

fimp

Viking
Current Version: 1.5.1

Download DanishCiv here

If you doubt if this MOD is worth the download, look here what 'stainz' said about it

Ive made a mod: The Danes. It DOES NOT replace any default civ.

Leader: Christian IV (PICTURE)
New leader image: Yes
Capital: Copenhagen
Special Unit: Precisioner (frigate that only costs 30 shields)
New unit animations: No
Civ Abilities: Scientific and Commercial
New Civilopedia Entries: Yes

To play select load scenario and pick "DanishCiv".

Tell me what you think...

NICE!! At last the mighty danes will conquer the earth as they are destined to do.. :D

I´m very happy that you cared to make the danish.
I havent started playing it, but im looking forward too see how they are...

By the way.. what color do they have ?? Just curious.

Ohh.. and just a last thing.
How about calling one of the cities "Hinnerup" that would be perfekt ;) :)

I tried it out and it's really cool. :goodjob: Would you mind telling us how to do all those things like the art, the special unit, the civlopedia entry, well just EVERYTHING that's not something you shange in the blasted editor itself. :eek:

I don't know if this has been asked somewhere before, but what I'd really like to know is HOW are capable of making Civs without having to replace another? I was hoping to find an easy to follow tutorial on it, as dummies like me can't grasp much :) but it doesn't seem like there is one out there yet.

I concur with Admiral Lilwel. That guide hardly seems easy to follow. I already had seen it but it looked pretty scarey. If anyone knows of an easier one please direct us to it. :)

Originally posted by Admiral Lilwall
I don't know if this has been asked somewhere before, but what I'd really like to know is HOW are capable of making Civs without having to replace another? I was hoping to find an easy to follow tutorial on it, as dummies like me can't grasp much :) but it doesn't seem like there is one out there yet.

Use the Civ3 CopyTool:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7787

Regarding to make my own tutorial, well... maybe. But i need to know that more than you to guys are gonna read it.

I actually use the F4 Foreign Advisor screen constantly... though I'd love to have the Danes in my game, I'm afraid losing the Foreign Advisor just isn't worth adding the Danes... I wish there was a fix for this.

And why is everybody who adds Scandanavian countries afraid to use Viking Longships as the special units?!?!?! (and I know Sweden isn't "technically" in Scandanavia, but everyone thinks it is, so it may as well be).

These "special units" everyone keeps coming up with I've never heard of before, but everyone identifies with Vikings and longships... and I know a Dane can't tell me that his country didn't use or create these things.

Come-on, quit being so damn shy and making up goofy special units... somebody have the balls to use the Viking longship!!!

Hey, if you live in that part of the world, everyone thinks you ride in Longships and wear funny looking helmets... come-on you're all Vikings, just admit it!

Its not a VikingCiv, its a DanishCiv.

I think i will make the Precisioner cheaper to build, in order to simulate that we had so many ships.

The foreign advisor screen only crashes when youre playing the Danes, not any other civs. So you can safely download it, and wait for a fix for the bug.

Originally posted by Wolfshanze
I know Sweden isn't "technically" in Scandanavia, but everyone thinks it is, so it may as well be).

I thought Scandanavia included Denmark, Norway and Sweden. In addition, I thought Finland that was the country everyone thought was part of Scandanavia but really wasn't. Am I wrong? If so, what countries are officialy part of Scandanavia?

Okay... I outsmarted myself... everyone thinks Finland is in Scandanavia and it isn't, it's Denmark, and I was so clever and I knew this, that I outsmarted myself and says it's not what everyone thinks it is, so I tricked myself into going the reverse route and thinking Sweden wasn't included for some stupid reason...

In other words... I'm too smart even for myself...

(or the fact that I'm sitting in Saudi Arabia right now, with damn-near everywebsite on the internet banned except this one).

As for "It's a Denmark mod and not a Viking mod"...

Well, then what the Heck are Vikings? Canadians?

Are you trying to say Vikings don't come from Denmark?

Your denying your own history if you say Denmark doesn't have Vikings in their history...

By your own definition "this is a Denmark civ, not a Viking civ", that would be like making an "Italian" civ without Rome.

I am from Denmark and i KNOW that skandinavia consists of Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland and finland. Faere islands are also included but is a part of denmark aswell as greenland.

The skandinavian countries work together somewhat like the EU
but the treaty have existed much longer..

And for Wolfshanze

Hey guy!!! Read our history books better. YES we had viking and yes they came from denmark aswell as they came from norway and sweden also. BUT... Why not make the danes??? We were one of the mighties empires. :confused:

In our most glorios time we controlled whole of Denmark, A big chunk of germany, Estland, Letland, litauen, a big part of finland, Norway, Most of sweden, many colonies all over the world(in america and africa), Island and grennland.... :king:

So why not make the danish?? We WAS a great world nation at some point in the history. I thing in the 1500 -1600 we actually had the second largest fleet (maybe even the largest) after England. And a very strong military on ground also.

But due to some STUPID leaders we lost our great fleet against England in the battle of Copenhagen. Furthermore our leader(s) sold our colonies to america for a rediqulus low amount of money. And other countries(like norway and sweden)/colonies revolted against our empire because we treated them poorly. What a crap :( snøft.

What im trying to tell you, is that this is DANISH civ, means its the Country Denmark, and not all the other countries who also were vikings. That means, that all units made before the time that a country named Denmark (about 1300) existed, can not be the Special Unit.

So, what do you think of making the Precisioner cheaper to build?

We have had control of the swedish empire but as many other empires the danish empire also fell apart at some time...

Actually we were half conqured of the swedish at about 1700 were we was´nt as strong as before..

But again there WAS a time where sweden was controled by the danish.

I had a Danish for breakfast this morning... it was cheese-filled and delicious.

As far as I know, and Im pretty sure that Im right - Scandinavia is only Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Island and Finland together with Scandinavia form what is known as the Nordic Countries. At least thats what Ive learned in school (in Denmark).

Top Bottom