1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Civ: Seleukeia

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Aranor, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain

Seleukid Civilization for Warlords 2.08

Civ name: Seleukid Empire

UU: Thorakitai Agyraspidai
    Replaces: Swordsman
    cost 50 hammers
    Strength 6
    100% vs mounted
    10% vs melee
    +1 gold upkeep

UB: Seleukeion
    Replaces: Courthouse
    +1 Trade route in the city

Seleukid Empire

[BtS Modular] Seluekia

As always thanks to Wyz_sub10 for saving me from my own stupidity and fixing my flags before I go nuts:crazyeye: :lol:
    And again I must say a huge thanks to the guys over at Europa Barbarorum! In particular Teleklos Archelaou and keravnos, who both helped immensely with the selection of the UB and with background information on it. Thanks all you guys!:goodjob: As always any all all comments welcome!

UPDATE: Now updated for BtS with modular capabilities.
    To run any of my modular files, you need to go into your BtS config file (My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Civ4Config.ini IIRC), and change
    ModularLoading = 0
    to
    ModularLoading = 1
    then install the file into your Beyond the Sword mods directory. The file is set up to run immediately so you dont need to create any folders. Then start up your game, go to advanced, then load a mod and select your mod. And it should work.

2. ms2050

ms2050 Chieftain

You're a great civilization maker, Aranor. This is another great civ.:goodjob:

3. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain

Thanks ms2050! There is a much BIGGER plan here. But Im not going to spoil the Surprise for everyone. :lol:

4. Andy_Candy

Andy_Candy Chieftain

Really nice! I hope someone can place this civ into a Rise of Rome scenario.

But one thing. Isnt the UU a bit overpowered?

5. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain

Not really. Keep in mind that The UU replaces the Swordsman, not the Spearman. And it comes with increased upkeep and construction costs for +100% against mounted units and +10% again mellee units. Historically these soldiers were the men to lead a charge of allied troops against enemy lines, they were incredibly strong, but cost alot to keep in the field. When compared with the swordsman that has a 6 strength lower upkeep cost and training cost as well as a 10% city attack I think they are pretty well balanced.

6. Andy_Candy

Andy_Candy Chieftain

Can this plan be a great Rise of Rome scenario, with a map from Iberia to Bactria/Parthia, something CIV4 really lacks? ;)

I can see you have made a few other civs too, fitting well...... (Tracia, Bactria and the Seleucid Empire for instance....) I hope to see Illyria, Dacia, Pontus, Armenia, Schytia and Nubia too, as well as as ancient versions of the brits, german tribes and iberians. Rome, Egypt and Carhago is well represented in original Civ, and Greece is too, but it would be nice to see 'em as Greek city states, and have an own Macedonian Civ.......

7. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Good suggestion, AndyCandy. If you decided to proceed with that Aranor, you know I'm down to help out. We could add some civs and just create a scenario based off of the TAM mod.

My only suggestion to you is to come up with another name for the UU. It's way too long and definitely a mouthful. Is there a shorter version of that name?

8. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain

As for the UU no there is no shorter version. I will say one thing for the Greeks they certainly know how to make a mouthful.:lol:

As far as a "Rise of Rome" scenario the is not the BIGGER plans that I was reffering too. But I'm not going to spoil that surprise! ;) Lets just say it has been a huge undertaking that is well over 6 months in development and still has another month or 2 to go before I can release the first version.

I have however been toying with the idea of asking the guys at Europa Barbarorum if they would allow a conversion of their wonderful mod to the Civ4 engine. (probably not until BtS is released though) This would make an excellent addition to the current lack of good ancient era historical mods out there.

Well Shqype has already made Illyria, we're all just waiting for him to update it to warlords (hint hint:lol: ), if thats not done in a month or 2 I might tackle it. Dacia I have already made, its the Getai civ I made several months ago. Pontus is on my list of civ for down the track. Scythia was made some time ago by Amra and is included in his mod pack aswell as CivGold ( I would wait for version 4 though, It's going to look amazing ;) ) As for Nubia I think several versions of it are floating around but I cant think of a specific maker at the moment. I may play with some Brittish tribes somewhere down the line, however I am currently testing the Batavii civ, (a Celto-Germanic tribe from the Rhine delta) that should be released later today if I'm happy with it otherwise in a couple more days. I also have plans to expand on my Germanic tribes and Celtic tribes as well.

9. Andy_Candy

Andy_Candy Chieftain

Alot of great stuff on the way then, and perhaps a CIV-scenario/mod based on Europa Barbarorum.... :D Awesome!!!!

In my opinion the ancient and classical times are the best suited for the CIV concept. I've played the TAM mod alot. I have also tried alot of other mods, but they havent been able to catch my attention for more then 10 min.

A Rise of Rome scenario of TAM quality is my great dream for CIV4. :king:

10. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain

Yea I agree the ancient period, right up to the advent of gunpowder, is the most exciting and best suited to the civ style of game play. That said most of my warring however is done in the modern era:confused: (especially in civ4) as the siege units are alot more powerful and readily available.
    I too have played a fair bit of TAM, but I will say this I am abit of a Nazi when it comes to historical accuracy (Especially since I discovered EB!:lol: Nothing compares let me tell you!) so as great as TAM is I keep thinking that it could be sooooooo much better. If the EB team do allow a port into the Civ4 engine from the Rome:TW engine I will be jumping up and down like a little schoolboy. But this is along way off. BtS need to come out first as well as I need to get many of my civs that are planned on the drawing board (I want to do the Galatians but they require an awesome amount of research) And finally I need to get my current project home and hosed before I will even contemplate starting another project, especially one as big as an EB for civ!

11. Luckystrike77

Luckystrike77 Chieftain

I couldnt agree more with you guys, a Rise of Rome scenario of decant quality is what we really need. Nice new CIV's by the way, Aranor! :goodjob:

12. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain

Thanks Im glad you like it:D If you like this one you should check out the Batavii civ I just released.;)

13. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain