New Civ suggestions

I beg of you..:sad: Please just leave the addition of Poland alone.I dont see any Dutch or Portugeuse overwhelming this thread with their cries of "Why isn't my country represented in your mod?".Luko,I feel you usually have some great input on RFC threads as long as they don't pertain to your undying wish to include Poland in this Mod.I'd like to read some fresh thoughts on new MINOR civs to be added.Personally, I'd like to see a minor civ occupying Malaysian islands or an additional Native American tribe to challenge England,Spain,French in colonizing modern-day Brazil or US west coast(Tlingit would be ideal for west coast of North America ranging from north of Vancouver to encroaching on Aztecs to south) .Just my two cents:hmm:

I really don't think this is a issue. If you put a barb(native) city, it is just like saing "Free City" to European countries. And if you put wandering barb units, there just going to die in a fortified Longbowman.

And there was really any "threat" to the Portuguese colonization of Brazil, the portugueses were a lot more tolerants than the Spanish. *normally* they didn't kill all the natives, and didn't use them as slaves, because they are to "wild" compare to the Africans.

A minor civ occupying Malasia is a good Idea, I just hate seeing Japan conquering all that land... that i want :)

Notice that he didn't include Poland in the list? Come on...what do you think he's trying to tell you?

In such a scope, Poland's importance dwindles into the myriad of other lights representing our world's nations.
Nations like

Adding another minor nation would be probably stupid. It will slow down game just as major nation does. Independent or native cities or major nation- OK. Minor nations- no.

About independent cities in Central Europe: Maybe there should appear cities: Kiev (5th century), Cracow (960), Lviv (980), Vilnius (1320)

Just so you know Fearuin, I am actually from Europe and have spent most of my life there!
Sorry! I saw your location was Bangkok, so I realized you were living there. :)

Ah okay, cool. I will try to see if the codes are in an early phase or are almost finished. With a little luck and studing phyton, maybe, i could try to make a mod (with problaby Expanded Iberia just to fit 2 Portuguese cities, this is all they need.

Well, i will look the python and try to discover anything.

That will be great. :goodjob: I have very little knowledge of python, but you have my fully support to help you in anything you need!

And there was really any "threat" to the Portuguese colonization of Brazil, the portugueses were a lot more tolerants than the Spanish. *normally* they didn't kill all the natives, and didn't use them as slaves, because they are to "wild" compare to the Africans.

Well, this is only partially true. Yes, we were very little tolerant, and we killed a lot of people, but it wasn't the first reaction. Most of the time it was tried to convert the natives to Christianity -we were a Theocracy, remember-, and only if they were reluctant, they were killed. However, because of the zealotry of our missionaries, there was no slavery. This is generally misunderstood from foreigners. Slavery was FORBIDDEN in Spain since the times of Alphonse X, that dictated the basic laws of Spain until XVIII century. However, they were vassals. I can agree with you that differences between vassals and slaves on colonial America were very reduced, but existed.

Great argument! You have to be very smart!

You're saying that there isn't enough place for Poland (so it means that Poland is small). And I'm saying that if in Europe is enough place for GB (smaller than Poland) so there is enough place in Europe for Poland too. And if you want include small country as Portugal so there shouldn't be any troubles with place for bigger- Poland.

Luko, I said that if i could "learn" how to read Python, i would proplaby make a "MODCOMP" with a expanded Iberia to fit Portugal :) . And in a modcomp you can do whatever you want to do... =P

But i was unable to try to edit the python :( I need to read more Python Tutorials...

PS: But Portugal in the vanilla RFC is not a bad idea :cool:

Luko, I said that if i could "learn" how to read Python, i would proplaby make a "MODCOMP" with a expanded Iberia to fit Portugal :) . And in a modcomp you can do whatever you want to do... =P

But i was unable to try to edit the python :( I need to read more Python Tutorials...

PS: But Portugal in the vanilla RFC is not a bad idea :cool:

Adding Portugal in Vanilla will be great, but wich civ will you replace?

However, LuKo, I always have said that with just one city in Iberia, the one the AI ALWAYS founds, will be far enough. But here Edungeon offered to expand Iberia, and it seemed wonderful to me. It's not the same win some space to the sea, than to other civs ;).

Why they will be pushed against France? They lose a city. And this is all. They can accept or fight. Do you really think that when Spain asks for their cities to Rome, Rome id pushed to Greece? Or to Germany? Or to Egypt? I haven't seen never such thing. Usually the AI chooses to fight, there some battles, and 90% of the time, the rebels win, because it's a one-sided fight. End of the story.

I have never used that argument with Poland, though. The only problem was that you wanted, plus the existing cities, new ones. And that shouldn't be done, because it overcrowds Europe.

I am editing the map to make a expanded Iberia and post here. I belive nothing will happen to Spain neither Portugal (of course, portugal will start weaker than Spain, but that is normal).

fearuin: somebody posted argument like "mine".

I thought that "overcrowded Europe" means that every country have not may cities and is quite weak. In your terms Western Europe is crowded but Central isn't (in Polish territory at its greatest extent in my games was only Memel and sometimes Mycenae).

Here, the Expanded Iberia. Spain gain 1 tile, and Portugal use 18 tiles, with 3 cities ( Lisboa, Porto and Azores(?) ). For gameplay porpuse Portugal need to spaw together or 2 turns after Spain.

When Portugal is controled by the Ai, it will beeline to Optics and Astronomy. In the meantime will colonize the west of Africa. And if Astronomy will rush settlers to Brazil, Africa and Malasia.

The resource in the mailand will be: Wine, Sheep, Iron, Spices(in Azores), and i will need help to think of more ones...

sum up: Portugal will begin crap, and will colonize very swift.

Unique Building: Can't think of any...
Unique Power: Probably something Naval... 50% Naval Production?
Unique Unit: Nau, a caraval that can carry settler? ( probably to overpower.. =\ )

Well, what do you thing? ^^

Flag:

Or

hmm.. I don't know... Feariun is the one that can enlighten us with a answer... I belive he is from Spain, isn't he?

I speak portuguese but never was in Portugal xD, neither Europa :(...

UHV:

*Be the first to Circumnavigate (i think this is very used... but i can't think of something better)
*Have four cities in Brazil, 2 in Africa, 1 in Malasia by 1600(what do you thing?)
*I can't think of the third historical victory... it is always something that the civ did not achieved in the real world, isn't it?

Top Bottom