1 first strike
25% against mellee
25% hills defense
50% City defense

UB: Thracian Forge

The download link
Thracian civ

[BtS Modular] Thrace

This civ was orginally created for Vanilla civ by Svetg. I have used some of his orginal work in the creation of this civ, however it is largely orginal work. Thanks must go out to Rabbit, White who has given me excellent tutoring on hoow to creat units in nif veiwer (This one being my first trial, not bad huh? :mischief:) And also to WYZ_sub10 for helping out with the flag.

I hope you all enjoy, and as always all comments are more than welcome!
Aranor

UPDATE: Now for BtS with modular format.
To run any of my modular files, you need to go into your BtS config file (My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Civ4Config.ini IIRC), and change
ModularLoading = 0
to
ModularLoading = 1
then install the file into your Beyond the Sword mods directory. The file is set up to run immediately so you dont need to create any folders. Then start up your game, go to advanced, then load a mod and select your mod. And it should work.

The LH and UU graphics are definitely going in my First Peoples Mod.

Also, Aranor, is your next civ going to be the Indo-Greek Baktrian Kingdom from EUropa Barbarorum? Just wondering cause I might use that too.:goodjob:

LOL yup. The current plan is to have it released in the next few weeks. Currently WYZ_sub10 is working on a flag for me and it is nearly done. So when that is done I will be able to post that civ. The guys over at Eurpoa Barbarorum have been a great help to me with that one.

Back to the Thracians. Im glad you like the art work. I took me ages to get the UU the way I wanted him. And the LH was an interesting one as I had to take many artistic liberties as there are no known pictures/artwork of Teres I that I could find. But he came out great!:D

The forge bonuses seem to be all over the place, 4 total happiness, +15% Military unit productin and 1% ??? trade yield (was that suposed to be 10). I would point out that its over-powered as well as lacks focus, pick two bonuses at most, preferably one. I think the Military Production bonus is original so I would keep just it.

Impaler[WrG];4922590 said:
The forge bonuses seem to be all over the place, 4 total happiness, +15% Military unit productin and 1% ??? trade yield (was that suposed to be 10). I would point out that its over-powered as well as lacks focus, pick two bonuses at most, preferably one. I think the Military Production bonus is original so I would keep just it.

Ok as pointed out the Ub was alittle under thought out. I have adjusted it as Impaler suggested. Gone is the 15 military production bonus. Now it has a +25% trade yeild and the +2 happiness from gold.

I ditched the military production bonus as the Thracians are aggressive enough without it. The Peltastai can rip through almost anything up till the swordsman. And Teres traits give them a sizeable military bonus anyway. Hope this works better than before. Follow the links in the first post for the new upload. Thanks impaler for pointing this stuff out.

this is very good,
some areas need improvement like evening it out,
but overall very good.:clap:

mmm. nice civ thanks for making it! :)

this is very good,
some areas need improvement like evening it out,
but overall very good.:clap:

Can you point me in the direction of what you think needs evening out? At this point I cant see what more needs to be done. I will admit the UB originally was an after thought and not thought out. However now I feel is pretty well balanced. The UU is not to overpowered I feel, (yes its strong against contemporary units, but the Thracians were incredibly aggressive toward their neighbors and I think this UU shows that.)

@ everyone.

Glad you like the civ, soon I will release my next one and plans for the following one are in the works already.;)

i just think the unique building needs evening out more

i just think the unique building needs evening out more

Hmmmmm I have just played 2 games testing the Forge. In the first I was getting my head handed to me by Brennus and was loosing like 25 gold every turn and had 2 unhappy cities ( one was my capital) and the in the other I am kicking ass militarily and chugging along nicely with happy people but am still loosing money hand over fist. so at this point i would say that the Forge is not too uneven. If you do think it is please point to where so I can take a look see. :p

All the fancy mods and I never knew there was a thracian one!!!!!! Thanx for creating it:) And you put Cyrus in, that's more than fantastic:) There should be some more organized list of the created mods:p

All the fancy mods and I never knew there was a thracian one!!!!!! Thanx for creating it:) And you put Cyrus in, that's more than fantastic:) There should be some more organized list of the created mods:p

glad your enjoying the civ! This civ was in the front page over 3 months ago so I know it on a list somewhere.

:)
Considered having it included in other mods like Amra's or Civ gold?
I think it would be awesome to have it with the other civs:)
If you don't mind it of course:p

:)
Considered having it included in other mods like Amra's or Civ gold?
I think it would be awesome to have it with the other civs:)
If you don't mind it of course:p

It has been suggested to WYZ_sub10 to include the Thracians in the next release of civ Gold. As of yet Im not sure if he is going to as I have not heard back from him on with a definate yes or no. So dont be surprised if they do appear. As for Amara's mods pack or Drtad's first peoples mod. They can add any of my civs to their mod packs if they so wish, its a matter of them updating (or even wanting to add them) :goodjob: So in short I dont mind if people use my work in other mods. I take it as a huge compliment that they think my work good enough to use in their mods. Especially something like Civ gold whose standards are extremely high.

Cheers
Aranor

hi I'm trying to download the thracian civ but the hosting page gives an error and crashes. Is there any other place where to download it? tnx!

hi I'm trying to download the thracian civ but the hosting page gives an error and crashes. Is there any other place where to download it? tnx!

Ok I have just had the same problem. I will re upload it, and that should fix the problem.

EDIT: I have uploaded a new copy to filefront, I have downloaded a copy myself so it works. If anyone still has any trouble with the Download send me your email and I will email a copy to you.

Top Bottom