New Civ Trait: Start with building other than 'Palace'

aphazmid

Chieftain
Hi All,

If this already exists somewhere, plz point me in the right direction. Not seeing from cursory searches...

I'd like to create a civ (or leader) trait that allows for creation of a 'palacito', if you will, in each city you found instead of the usual Palace in your founding city (Capital). The palacito would have fewer advantages than a Palace confers, but still add a little oomph to each city, yada yada...

I've perused the xml code base and think I understand enough to create the palacito and then have it appear in each city upon building via the GRANT_CHEAPEST_BUILDING_IN_CITY effect utilized by Trajan for his prolific pointy monuments.

Where I've come up against a wall is how to prevent the central Palace from being built in a civ's first city..not seeing any existing effect I can use to my advantage here. Wondering if I need to employ a Lua or other tool I haven't considered?

Also hoping this won't cause any gamemechanic disasters. Hoping as long as I'm not removing the Capital mechanic and just the building itself life can go on as normal.

Have sql/python experience so happy to dive past the xml if necessary/possible, but would a love a push in the right direction.

Let me know what you think!

I am not sure it is possible to remove the building without affecting the ‘capital’ mechanic.

The Palace effectively identifies a city as a capital. I don’t know of a way to remove it in the way you’ve described.

I am not sure it is possible to remove the building without affecting the ‘capital’ mechanic.

The Palace effectively identifies a city as a capital. I don’t know of a way to remove it in the way you’ve described.
Ah that was the one thing I was afraid of. I will do some more digging into the ‘capital’ mechanic first and see what options there are to uncouple the two.

I’ve read in some of the forums about Dido’s capital change option, but don’t currently have access to this mod…will see if I can find more about its back end code.

Top Bottom