New Civ V Patch Upcoming

Nice to see that this "argumentation" of the few people who still defend Civ V is now as alive as it was at the start of the game...

Anyways... tried to play it again.. had a look at the kiddie graphics and the dumb casualisations and quit again. After you´ve finished this game once it´s so unbelievable boring.... another reason it´s no true Civ :(

Dear Nekator,
I did reread my post again and again to catch where I "argued" to defend the game.

I have to admit that I'm one of the *not so few* people who actually like the game. Nevertheless I see it's flaws, too.
But in contrast to you, I see good progress in fixing this flaws and I am willing to trust the devs in continuing their promising work. THIS is, what I was defending in my post!

I strongly believe, that people's perspectives are different and it is impossible to fulfill everybodies taste. There is no absolute in life. And, dear Nekator, IF there is anything childish around here, it is not CiV's graphic (by the way: Civ4 was much "worse" in this respect!) but a statement like the absolute "... it´s so unbelievable boring" and "... it´s no true Civ".

While I accept that you do not like the game (which is a regrettable but perfectly valid opinion), I would love to see some relativeness in such a sentence, such as an added "... for me."
As for many people (with likewise perfectly valid opinions) it *is* a true Civ!

Kiddie graphics :lol:

I have to admit that I'm one of the *not so few* people who actually like the game. Nevertheless I see it's flaws, too.
But in contrast to you, I see good progress in fixing this flaws and I am willing to trust the devs in continuing their promising work.
I agree completely. The game has potential.
Kiddie graphics :lol:

And I have to post: :lol:

When this will be out?

I am wondering. When it comes out I will play again. Hopefully after part 2 of the update it is much better.

Quite curious what the 'secret part' is. DLL would be a treat for modders.

True, but a really working MP feature is far more important. That was advertised to be in the game, and it's not, so correcting that should be much more important than getting the DLL out.

Also, there are far more people who want to play MP than there are that want to make a mod, so a simple logical conclusion would suggest that a commercial company aims for the bigger market. But then again, Firaxis doesn't seem to hold logical things in very high regard, so I may be way off here... :rolleyes: ;)

So, aren't these patch notes just supposed to the first part ? I thougth there'll also be some new balance changes in late game policies, or is this another planned patch ?

So, aren't these patch notes just supposed to the first part ? I thougth there'll also be some new balance changes in late game policies, or is this another planned patch ?

greg mentioned the patch was part 1 and the big surprise we all were gonna love is to be revealed in the next week according to his words on the official forums.

greg mentioned the patch was part 1 and the big surprise we all were gonna love is to be revealed in the next week according to his words on the official forums.
For those that miss the front page post or the thread... It's hotseat :)

Patch...patch...patch.... when at least we'll play huge map game??? (late game still freezes or can't load)

Top Bottom