New Civ4 Demogame RPG discussion

Lord Civius

Emperor
There seems to be alot of RP interest in the new Civ4 Demogame. So I thought a discussion is in order. I suggest a not too complex RPG without land-ownership. We've had alot of fun with land-ownership but it usually becomes complicated and requires too much time from the citizen managing it. I think the effort can be better used running a good RPG. What should we include???

Economy (earning currency, starting businesses, selling items etc)
Land-ownership??
Character profiles (items list, skills, contests, etc)
Earning Titles (advancing levels within the RP structure, lines of nobility)
internal combat or warfare

Feel free to discuss these or any other suggestions.

Economy shouldn't be in the game at the start, maybe once its time comes. Land ownership is hard to manage, in my opinion. Character profiles and titles have to be in the game.

Character profiles and earning titles at the start sounds good. This could help build a social structure and pave the way for an economy and possibly land distribution later in the game.
We could possibly use an experience or reward based system to grant titles. For example qaulity posts in a military based discussion could grant you 1 experience point (XP) in Warfare. Leading a campaign for the monarch could earn you 100 XP. As you accumulate XP your Warfare rank would increase granting you military titles from foot soldier to Great General. Warfare would just be one of many Stats others could be Leadership, Espionage, Economics, Science, etc... Just an idea that probably needs some serious work.

I guess we shouild probably wait to have this discussion after we figure out what civ and gov't style we're gonna use. I agree that an economy should wait til later in the game.

Are we going to write a world history journal of our civilization? Something sort of like what this guy did? (warning: this gets real interesting real fast. Chapter 1 is just game setup, but from Chapter 2 on be prepared for a very creative take on this game)

Top Bottom