New Civ4 Fan Site: Fastmoves

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
A new Civ4 fan site is in town. Fastmoves is an almost daily updated source for articles on strategy and game mechanics from the Civ4 multiplayer perspective, though the claim is that most of the content is applicable to single player as well. All strategies and concepts are explained and evaluated in the context of specific settings. The self-proclaimed goal of the makers is to convey general concepts and ideas in a coherent, well reasoned way, not to announce "what's good and what's bad" free from any context or without justification.

"We are trying to make the site about civ, we always wanted to browse ourselves, but never could find. Being dedicated multiplayer addicts, we hope to establish a place, where seasoned players can exchange ideas, while those new to multiplayer can be sure that what they read is of high quality and worth exploring for those with a deeper interest for civ", said jobe, the site's founder.

TF, your news post should specify that that site is for Civ IV. I don't see any content there for any other Civ versions.

that is a great site - is it possible to subscribe to it? If so - how?

that is a great site - is it possible to subscribe to it? If so - how?

First of all you can bookmark it ;)

Then there is an rss feed you can subscribe to to be notified of new posts.

Also I installed an automatic notification to Twitter, so that once a new post is published, a tweed is generated: Twitter Link

Most importantly, we are already working on a standalone site with better navigation, archiving options and features that allow for interaction of and participation with users. It shouldn´t be long till it´s up under the url www.fastmoves.de.

wow i just realized there's a whole lot of civving that i did not know about. time to take a stab at teaching my gf to play civ so we can mp like this!

Wow! This site will really help me in my civ playing! Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the comments guys :) . jobe and me will try to write about stuff that is of interest, so any topic requests are welcome :) . The next article will focus on defending in Civ MP. Hope you enjoy reading our little site!

Imhotep

Well let's see. I'm addicted to a game uses up a lot of time and I come here to ask questions about said game. Only to find there's ANOTHER good website to spend time at learning how to better play the game that takes up so much time in the first place...

My house chores will NEVER get done!
:p
F

This seems to be an extremely good site for improving Civ knowledge and skills. Also, focusing on CivIV makes it more useable for people like me who play mostly the fourth version of Civ. Big thanks to jobe and Imhotep!

Top Bottom