1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Civics Categories-Labor, Legal, Religion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Aussie_Lurker, May 29, 2017.

1. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

I must confess that I fondly recall Civ4 & its 5 civics categories. Now, in Civ6 we have Economic Civics-& Government Civics are obviously represented by the actual government types, but what we lack in Civ6 are Civics specific for Labour, Laws & Religion. The handful of policies we have for these civics are currently shoe-horned into Economic, Diplomatic & Wildcard Civic categories.

So what I would love to see is new Civics Categories for Labour, Legal & Religion-to help players further mould their governments.

Labour civics could include Slavery, Serfdom, Indentured Servitude, Caste System & Unionization-many of these policies might be centered around boosting output from certain improvements and/or districts (like Plantations, farms or Industrial Zones)....and/or changes to housing/amenities from said locations. Would also impact on builders too, obviously.

Legal Civics could include Vassalage, Canon Law, Martial Law, Magna Carter and/or Constitution, Bill of Rights, International Law, Police State. Not 100% what all of these Legal Policies could do, but I do think that with legal policies would come the need for a Courthouse Building.

As for religion, these would include the religious policies already in-game, but also include policies around how tolerant/intolerant and/or secular your civilization is.

Anyway, just spitballing. I hope some clever modders are able to turn my ideas into reality :).

2. Proclo

Proclo Chieftain