New Civilization: Canada

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by CivArmy s. 1994, Nov 21, 2005.

1. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

2. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

While I support the Canadian Corps as UU, I will vote for the Mountie. That way, the two Canadian mods wouln't be completely the same.

My vote is for Sir John A. MacDonald

3. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

4. Alone

Alone Emperor

GREAT JOB AS USUAL!:goodjob:

No complaints.
    Mounty look awsome:thumbsup:

Leader is OK, if I may suggest Lord Durham would be good leader for Canada civilisation as well.

PS Please check Private Mes. and if you have time and will do something to help developer for Serbian civilization Leaderhead and UU. You can use it latter in your packs. Thanx:)

5. BlowPhish

BlowPhish Chieftain

Cool Civarmy :) My vote goes to the Mountie.

6. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

1 Vote for Trudeau and for the Mountie as Unique unit.

@PeteT: I'm also from River Heights; we might actually know each other.

7. R-A-N-M-A

R-A-N-M-A Chieftain

You have to pick either Trudeau or Champlain, not both. 2 French leaders is unrealistic, that doesn't represent Canada, you may as well go off and make a Quebec mod. Sir John A is the logical choice, his is the father of Canada.

8. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

Trudeau is not a French leader! Trudeau's father was a French Canadian, his mother was an English Canadian (hence the "Elliot;" He makes a big deal about it in his referendum speech). He was equal parts French and English Canadian, which makes him the ideal man to run the Canadian civ.

And also, there was already a political entity called "Canada" for two-and-a-half centuries prior to MacDonald (it having been established by Champlain). Yes, it was always a colony, but even after Confederation, it essentially remained a colony up until the Statute of Westminster in 1931, so its just a technicality.

9. BlowPhish

BlowPhish Chieftain

NINJA EDIT: Leader - Sir John A MacDonald or King
    Unique Unit - Mountie

10. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

I'll wait more few days here too, so, I can check the result of the pools and make the alterations ;)

11. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

I think the best option is use Mountie as UU and we have Trudeau and Sir John A. MacDonald with 2 votes each one. Both looks like popular, what should I suppose to do? :lol:

12. Wayland

Wayland Chieftain

Just to break the tie. I'll throw in a MacD vote.

And of course keep the mountie.

13. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

is this the last vote? anyone else wanna vote? :cool:

14. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

Hehe. My computer isn't good enough to run cIV but I vote for Pierre Trudeau. Once I get a good enough computer I'm going to download this mod before even playing. OR why not just make both John and Pierre LHs? That way people could choose.

15. Corvex

Corvex Emperor of Canada

Because there's already a Champlain leaderhead and we can't have three Canadian leaders....yet.

16. Jecrell

Jecrell Ruled: Civ3 - Civ5

I hope you don't mind CivArmy, but I had some spare time so I went ahead and made a proper mountie.

Yellow hats -- black horses -- pockets in shirt -- and string to their guns.

I'd like to suggest that you lower the power of the mountie along with its production cost if you are going to make it that much faster than the regular cavelry. The cavelry are, perhaps, the most powerful military unit in the game during its age -- imho.

Attached Files:

17. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

18. C.Roland

C.Roland FFH Art team member

Before 1763, Canada is used to represent the French society that live in America. So it’s not an absurdity to have Champlain as a leader and the flag of Canada, the red maple leaf, is a French Canadian symbol. For the second leader, I think Laurier can be good because he ruled with a politic of compromise between French and English, but Laurier is not in the choices. Macdon can be a good choice; he’s one of the father of the confederation (with Cartier and Brown).

For the UU, I think WW1 infantry is a good choice because it’s in this war that Canada win his autonomy. But with Champlain, a unit like a “courreur des bois” or a “voyageur” can be good to.

By the way, sorry for my bad English I’m a French Canadian and English is my second language.

And CivArmy s, your leaderheads and yours civs are very nice. I want to congratulate you.

(I hope my English is not to disastrous)

19. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Your English is quite good C.Roland. :)

The reason I object to Champlain as leader is that he governed a French colony. A civ leader should be someone that ruled the independent country. MacDonald, Mackenzie King, Pearson, and Trudeau are all more than acceptable in that way. Laurier would be a good choice also. Perhaps it would be good to have one French Canadian PM(Trudeau/Laurier) and one English Canadian PM(MacDonald, Mackenzie King, Pearson). But either way, I would prefer someone who ruled an independent Canada.

@Jecrell - Very nice. :thumbsup:

20. BlowPhish

BlowPhish Chieftain

I agree with beaver that the Canadian leaders should be leaders of independant Canada. Infantry is a nice UU but nothing symbolizes Canada more than the Canadian mountie. I'm not sure the power of the mountie should be changed at all. When I think of some other UU in Civ I think of Cossacks which are 18 in strength. If you change anything with the mounties I would give them all of the terrain bonuses because the mounties are known for their trek's from eastern to western Canada through the roadless terrain of Canada. They travelled through forest mountain and plain to protect the native peoples from American fur traders who were giving the natives booze and guns in exchange for furs. This was the wish of Sir John A MacDonald. On these journeys most of their horses died and their food was in short supply. It was no easy task and thats why I propose we give them some woodsman and the hills bonus(not sure what its called).