1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Civilization for FF

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Tarquelne, May 1, 2009.

1. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

The Hamstalfar (v1)
    Spoiler :
    During the terrible civil war between the Summer and Winter Courts a large group of Ljosalfar were isolated from their brethren. Lost and forlorn, they were taken in and given shelter by a powerful group of hamsters. Now, much later, the hybrid "Hamstalfar" culture is well established. The Fuzzy Lords rule a much larger Elven population and own most property. Still, the relationship between the species is generally very good as the hamsters are gifted leaders. Elven culture tends to dominate outside the capital. Though the "Kibblic Edda", an ancient cycle of hamster legend, is a common inspiration for most Hamstalfar artists.

When commanded by Hamster officers Elven troops are among the finest in the world.

The Hall of the Fuzzy Lords supplies Law, Creation and Nature mana.

Valkrionn, the Hamster King
    Spoiler :
    The Hamster King is an elected monarch, the head of each Great House - the Fuzzy Lords - casting a vote. Valkrionn was elected unanimously and rules with absolute power. A master organizer, all the Hamsterhold is run with deft efficiency. Yet he is also both flexible and persuasive, guiding the Hamstalfar through great policy changes both quickly and without misstep.

It is said his gold eye possesses the power to see true motives of both rodent and elf.

Valkrionn is a Neutral, Organized, and Adaptive leader.

Warlord
    Spoiler :
    It is not unknown for a great hamster commander to take a gifted Elven warrior under his furry "wing." The wise rodent is carried into battle on the elf's strong shoulders, the pair leading the Hamstalfar armies from success to success.

Much like a Great Commander, Warlords can "Recruit." Units may not "Join" a Warlord. However, Hamstalfar units in the same tile will gain the "Inspired" Promotion.

Hamstertruppen
    Spoiler :
    The Hamstalfar military is almost completely manned by the elves. Only one unit is made up entirely of Hamsters: The dread Hamstertruppen.

Moving unseen into enemy territory, pillaging villages or consuming harvests, a swarm of highly-trained hamster warriors is an awesome sight.

Without potent weapons the Hamstertruppen have difficulty in pitched battle. However, sufficiently well armed they are not just an awesome sight, but one few foemen will see twice.

(Hunter replacement. 1/2 combat strength. Can see animals, use metal weapons, can pillage. Move 1, can enter rival territory. Starts with Stealth.)

Exercise Wheel

Spoiler :
    Hamstalfar Training Yards are dominated by huge exersize wheels. The city's entire population is expected to use the wheels regularly. This results in a particularly fit population, well demonstrating the benevolent leadership of the Hamstalfar Lords.

(Like Training Yard, plus +2 Health and gives the "Fit" promotion to units made in the city.

Download here.

Changelog:
    Spoiler :

V1.1 (unreleased)
    Remove Hamstertruppen ability to upgrade. (Stealth!)

2. sputnik323

sputnik323 Magelord

lol this is hilarious!

3. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

is this serious?

The download contains a module full of xml and everything. This looks real.

what is this I don't even

4. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Yay! Finaly FF gets a race of small and furry creatures. Now I have something to huggle and wuggle and skin alive and fead to my pets.

HQ, unnail the kittens from my bedroom wall. We are going hunting.

<for those that don't know who HQ is, look him up in SW KOTOR>
    or
    Substitute HQ for Loki and PPQ_Purple for Keelyn

5. apotheoser

apotheoser Chieftain

wow, just wow.

6. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

An invisible unit capable of pillaging is actually pretty powerful.
    Unless FF incorporated the Change to FFH that made pillaging remove stealth.

7. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

The name of the hamster leader has not gone unnoticed. Is this a going away present, perchance?

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

ummm....what?!

9. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

My sentiments exactly.

They use ljosalfar art for the most part. Kind of lacking in unique stuff, but a nice amusement nevertheless.

10. Mylon

Mylon Amateur Game Designer

And people get on my case for saying we need to merge some civs. If there's room in the lore for hamsters, there's room in the lore for Sidar and Grigori living under one roof.

11. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Epic FAIL!!! It is HK-47 lol

but I'm astounded from this

12. Iskar Jarak

Iskar Jarak Chieftain

@Mylon, I think this is not meant to have anything to do with the lore, but is a semi-joke. Your Right that there is room for combined civs, dynastic marriages, cultural assimilation, forced alliance against mutual foe, there are lots of rationalizations for anything.

13. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Why fail?
    I thought it was something that HK-47 would be good in.
    I know I messed up the name but blame it on my little brother. He convinced me it was HQ and not HK...

14. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Haha, I've been waiting for this. Going to have to try it when I get home...

Pretty much, yes. If you notice, the 'golden eye' is from my avatar. :lol:

15. Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid Chieftain

The warlord is a great idea...and I like the redone palace mana.

Joke or no, this is some cool stuff.

16. deadliver

deadliver Loud Mouth Amateur

LOL I gotta try this out.

17. Mylon

Mylon Amateur Game Designer

I know it's a joke. I just felt like being crabby.

18. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

I'm always serious. I'm just also serious about humor.

For anyone left wondering by the somewhat ambiguous thread title - completely unintentionally, I assure you - this isn't an "official" civ that'll be included. So far as I know. Just a module.

Was when I checked. Though it was very late at night so I'm not 100% certain at this point. I was torn between "INVISIBLE_ANIMAL" and Hide. Hide's a lot more fun, but a major balance concern. (Though thinking that a Hamster civ needs careful balancing may be premature.) The next patch will keep Hamstertruppen from upgrading. So no Rangers or Assassins with "Hide." But they won't obsolete.

The Warlord is a National Unit, btw. I'm not sure about the balance there, either. But they could easily be taken down to named Hero (only 1), or made more powerful.

Given "redone" I wonder if you think they're Ljosalfar + the new stuff mentioned above. They aren't - I wanted to keep it very simple. OTOH, that *would* add a lot, and maybe stealing some of the Ljoslfar stuff wouldn't take very long. (But it would take time away from the Lolcat civ.)

Any suggestions on the top 3-4 "flavor" features of the Ljosalfar? Long time since I've played them. A Svalt feature or two would be OK, too.

19. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

This is Tarq getting back at me for my hating on the few MP references.

Or at least that was the impetus, I'm betting. :rolleyes:

EDIT: It is entirely possible, even probable, this has nothing to do with me.

20. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

The Hamstertruppen looks AMAZING. :goodjob: