1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Civilization Game Announced In Take Two Financials

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Gunner, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

It seems that Take Two has now announced that another Civ 4 expansion is on the way :cool:
    Here's the source from FiringSquad.com:

Link to the new
    s post: http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=14511
    Link to Take Two financial report: http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=231968

2. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

didnt read the link but is new game in the series to me sounds like civ 5 more than an expansion pack. But i guess thats from some journalist who doesnt know civ series at all...

3. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Nah, the second link has this.

"New content" is likely an expansion pack. It's way, way too early for Civ5.

4. The Lance

The Lance Warlord

2008, if it's released in late '08 then it will be 3 years from the release of civ IV. Not being an expert on software development by any stretch I would think if they release an expansion that late it almost indicates they are not planning on putting the resources into civ V. However, a new game int that short of space seems under developed. Either it makes a quality civ V seem unlikely.

5. grumbler

grumbler Prince

The fiscal year of 2008 starts in november 2007. This likely means a release date this year before xmas, not late next year.
    If you look at Civ 1 - 4, they were each spaced four to five years apart. So I'd expect Civ 5 not earlier than late 2009; a two year development time should be enough for a substantial rework of the game.

6. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

What about a spin-off game? "Civilization Chronicles: The Gandhi Code"; a role-playing, action game in which you guide Gandhi on a rambunctious adventure to retrieve his uncle's lost turban. Should be an instant classic.

7. trundle

trundle Warlord

Or it could be related content, such as another take on SMAC (*swoon* ... a man can dream, can't he?), Colonization, CivCity, etc.

8. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

Trundle from an interview of Sid Meier it seems highly unlikely :( . EA has the rights and now that Firaxis is part of take2........

9. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I truly hope it's an expansion. If Civ5 is developed under Take2, you can just forget that it would be a great game...Firaxis badly needs to get away from them...

10. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Yeah. Generally you have to make it just before Thanksgiving (US holiday) to make the Xmas season.

Wodan

11. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Somebody has issues with Take2...

I'm hoping the brutal awesomeness of Civilization is enough to overcome any bureaucratic morons that are above the core game designers.

12. Dieters

Dieters Chieftain

Thank you sir, for making me spit water on my monitor. :lol: