New Civilization - Goths

Ahwaric

Shrubbery-hugger
This is my first realised mod for civilization. I made a few for both Civ III and IV, but never had the patience to prepare them enough to share. Hope this one is ok.
This is a part of the mod I use for my games - a compilation of many mods and my own ideas. But I think it's best to release it alone

Function:
Adds Goth Civilization to the game.
- unique unit - Gothic Cavalry strenght 6, +50% against melee and catapults, cost 55, requires horses and iron
- custom flag (based on scandinavian images of god Odin on his horse, Sleipnir)
- custom colors (green-blue and yellow) - steppe and sky/sea ;)
- leader Theodoric (philosophical/expansive, based on Peter, now using Peter leaderhead, will change when I will find appropiate one)
- starting technologies - hunting and mysticism

All appropiate civilopedia entries are there.

This mod is the basis for adding Goths to game. It is fully functionable alone, but I've tried to make it easy to incorporate to other mods. All xml entries are at the end of files, separated by <!-- GOTHS-->. Feel free to use any part of my work.

Installation
Unzip all to Mods in main Mods folder (not in My Games directory). In game, click advanced and load a mod.
Requires Civ version 1.61

Credits
seZereth for Gothic Cavalry skin (originally Tilean freelancer)
Wikipedia for great info (some parts of civilopedia are from there)
Jordanes (VI century) for "THE ORIGIN AND DEEDS OF THE GOTHS"
Customization forums for Civ III for ideas for city names (sorry, it has been two years and I can't find who posted them - tell me if you know)

Note.
I'm Polish, so sorry for all spelling and gramatical errors. My english is just not good enough...
Also, this mod is english only. My knowledge of french is terrible at best, and with other languages it's even worse.:blush:

Attachments

• Goths.zip
    251.9 KB · Views: 412
  • goths close.jpg
    goths close.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,173
Congrats on creating your first civ for release :) The Gothic Cavalry looks nice as a matter of fact!

yep good job the goths are like the acient germans to me lol if someone makes a rise of rome seciorio exactly like the on in civ 3 conquests your mod should be a part of it!!!!! : )=)

Great Job :D

Top Bottom