new civilization: Haida

The file is: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Haida.zip

Civilization: Haida
Noun: Haida
Adjective: Haida
Colors: Red
Starts with: Fishing and Mining
UU: Haida Canoe (Galley, 1+ moviment and 1+ power)

Title and leader: Chief Koyah
Leader bonuses: Financial and Philosophical
Leader favourite civic: Tribalism

Cities:
Ninstints
Masset
Kiusta
Skidegate
Kung
TO BE CONTINUED...

Corvex said:
Great as always. It's just too bad we can't use Aaglo's excellent canoe unit from Civ III.

We really need these plug ins to start creating your own units to Civ4 :cool:

BTW, Inuit is in my plans too ;)

Thanks enjoying friends! The model wasn't add on the game yet, cos the NIF file is too big, I'm trying turn it smaller before I upload the new civilization version ;) The same case to the Polynesians and Portuguese civis.

friends, a cool stuff happened :D : I posted the two models that I have created, the Haida and Polynesian Canoes on two popular 3d modeling websites and each one had 300 downloads in few hours! :eek: The file format is *.3ds and textures were included. Now I need finish the Portuguese Caravel and the Brazilian armored vehicle and post them too, they r my first 4 modeling works and I'm pround them! :)

Hey are these the natives in Alaksa??? If so that is awsome since I knew some in people who where the Hadia(I think I am not sure thogh.Civ Army I personly think that you make the best leaderhead animations and some of the best unit animations keep up the good work.

Slavic Sioux said:
Hey are these the natives in Alaksa??? If so that is awsome since I knew some in people who where the Hadia(I think I am not sure thogh.Civ Army I personly think that you make the best leaderhead animations and some of the best unit animations keep up the good work.

thanks! :goodjob: but I quit this hobby mounths ago. Now I (try to) produce my own games :goodjob: , not mods when I have free time.

BTW, The Haida is a Canadian tribe near of Alaska, but they r not in Alaska if I remember correctly :)

Not really in Alaska, though I think they had some islands that are in the southern part of the Alaskan panhandle. Most of their territory was in BC. They raided the Tlingit in Alaska and the Salish in Seattle for slaves.

Who is Chief Koyah?

Chief Koyah was a Haida chief in one of the settlements in the Queen Charlotte Islands. The captain of the Lady Washington met him twice. On the first occasion, Koyah stole some laundry and was imprisoned in the brig (but eventually released). On the second visit, Koyah stormed the Lady Washington and took control for a short while, but the crew eventually regained control. Koyah lost his position as chief after this.

Awesome addition to the civs, btw. Much needed to have a West Coast native civ for those mods focussing on either the precolumbian world or the colonial period.

Oi Civ, quando è que vocè vai fazer o Osorio EE-T1 o tambem o Tamoyo pra a civilizaçao do Brasil???? Eu vì uma imagem no internet.. fizeron esse tanque moderno (Osorio) em um jogo chamado Guerra a o terror!

Oi Civ, when You'll make the Osorio EE-T1 or also Tamoyo for the civilization of Brazil???? I've seen an internet image... They made this modern Tank (Osorio) in a game called War to the terror!

:) :) :)

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 112
  • osorio3.jpg
    osorio3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 138
Great as always. It's just too bad we can't use Aaglo's excellent canoe unit from Civ III.

There is a canoe in the modular Polynesian civ that would work fairly well until CivArmy gets that one pictured done.

I don't know how to do a proper screenshot in-game (well I do but I have the alt-tab disabled as a mem saver) so here is a screenshot of it from nifskope:

Definately not exactly what a Haida civ should have, but it'll do temporarily. Haida canoe should look more like this:

Chief Koyah was a Haida chief in one of the settlements in the Queen Charlotte Islands. The captain of the Lady Washington met him twice. On the first occasion, Koyah stole some laundry and was imprisoned in the brig (but eventually released). On the second visit, Koyah stormed the Lady Washington and took control for a short while, but the crew eventually regained control. Koyah lost his position as chief after this.
He certainly had a way of making friends. :p

I hate to tell you, but CivArmy is long gone from the CIV IV modding game, I believe. Still around the fora from time to time.

The canoe you link is in CIV Gold as the Polynesia UU, but we also have a really cool UU for the Tillikum (Haida, Bella Coola, etc.) with a neat design on the sail.

Oi Civ, quando è que vocè vai fazer o Osorio EE-T1 o tambem o Tamoyo pra a civilizaçao do Brasil???? Eu vì uma imagem no internet.. fizeron esse tanque moderno (Osorio) em um jogo chamado Guerra a o terror!

Oi Civ, when You'll make the Osorio EE-T1 or also Tamoyo for the civilization of Brazil???? I've seen an internet image... They made this modern Tank (Osorio) in a game called War to the terror!

:) :) :)
no me caga nesun (venetian vulgar expression to say "nobody has interest of what i'm saying"... sorry i'm full of bier...cerveja)
I hope one day to make Osorio... but if anyone of the better authors here want to do it... I welcome him! :hammer2:

Top Bottom