1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

new civilization: Phoenicians

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by CivArmy s. 1994, Dec 28, 2005.

1. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Chieftain

The file is: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Phoenicians.zip

Civilization: Phoenicians
    Noun: Phoenicians
    Adjective: Phoenician
    Colors: Purple
    Starts with: Fishing and Mysticism
    UU: Phoenician Birreme (Galley, 2+ moviment)

Title and leader: King Hiram
    Leader bonuses: Philosophical and Spiritual
    Leader favourite civic: Free Market

Cities:
    Byblos
    Sidon
    Tyre
    Arvad
    Berytus
    TO BE CONTINUED...

2. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Whoa, that sail is pretty awesome.

3. Tyranausaurus

Tyranausaurus Chieftain

Neat work! I've always been a big fan of all your work in civ3, this leaderhead is an altered version of the civ3 Hiram. You might have seen my World Flag Project, I would love it if you would tell me how you do your pedia-icons. keep bringing the civs on!

4. anjf

anjf Chieftain

Cool, while this one being added to the next level mod/

5. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Chieftain

thanks friends! the civ will be in the next version of N.L.M. coming soon on your Civ4 :D

@Tyranausaurus: thanks for enjoy the civis since Civ3 man! BTW, did u mean how do I create the artworks or how do I add the new icons on game? :confuse:

6. Tyranausaurus

Tyranausaurus Chieftain

:D , I meant how to create pediaicons for the civilopedia, I mean just the graphic of the icon, (that's if you have time!). I just need to know how you extract the logo from the flag. Thanx:goodjob:

7. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I know this thread is old, but I am going to create a new Phoenician module and I was wondering if this module had flavored units in it? (I should probably just download it and look for myself) Because I want to make it with flavored units etc.

8. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

9. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Wolfshanze, it would be nice when you post the thread necromancy picture to answer the question. To answer the question:
    I don't belive this mod has flavor units considering it was made back in 05 when civ just came out and only new skins could be made. I dont believe any phonecian units have been made really becasue no one really knows what their land units look like. I think babylon/sumeria/greek units might work well.

10. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

take the phoenicia civ from civgold - but instead of dye facility get the phoenician seaport that hrochland made ;)

11. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I'm sorry... I don't remember stating that I was answering the question.

12. Ajidica

I know you didnt, but currently all that your post accomplished was being rude and abit obnoxious. If the 'thread necromancy' picture is accomanied by an answer to the question, then the picture becomes a humerous reminder to check the last post date before posting. Currently, it just is a bit like what a 5th grader would do when someone got a question wrong.

To head off an argument: Wolfshanze, I am not insulting you or your military service record. I respect the fact that you served in the armed forces and I am not trying to be rude or antagonizing. If it comes across as rude or antagonizing, please let me know in a civilized manner as opposed to insulting me. (Sorry for the disclaimer, but you have to admit, you can be a bit rude responding to posts that you dont agree with.)

EDIT: 1,000 posts! Whooo!

13. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Actually, what is rude and a bit obnoxious is telling someone what they should and shouldn't say, which is highly presumptuous in what is supposed to be a free society (or did we just turn into Nazi Germany around here?).

I said nothing rude or obnoxious to anyone... I merely posted a thread necromancy picture, I didn't know that all responses on this thread had to meet with your personal seal of approval of proper responses...

Really... insisting others answer in a specific way, and telling them they are rude if they don't answer the way you want, is damn rude and obnoxious.

14. Turner

Turner Chieftain Retired Moderator

15. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I'm not insulted or anything, its fine.

I posted in the Unit Requests thread about what type of units I'd like, but nobody seems to want to make them. Which I understand and all, it just kinda sucks. I'll try and jack Civ Gold's units if they look good. Basically I wanted to make them different from Carthage's units, because I'm already using purple for the civ's color (Carthage is purple in my mod too) so I don't want them to look exactly the same as carthage. And for the UB I'll probably make it some type of harbor that gives naval units experience or something I don't know.

Its FOR a mod I am making for diplogames but it will also work with varietas delectat (because I am going to use some of their later units) so I'll post it when I'm finished. I just made a Teutonic Knights/Order module too, but I was going to put up all the modules at once.

But anyway, if you know how to make medieval units, please check out the units request thread and help if you can. I posted some files you can use.

Thanks.

BTW: I'm not really offended by Wolfshanze's post, I can see how some people will consider it obnoxious, but there's no need to catch feelings over everything. But thanks anyway Adjica for coming to my aide.

16. Ajidica

Thats fine. The reason I thought you might get offened is my friend was on another forum and got really annoyed when he bumped a thread but only got a picture like the one Wolfshanze put up but the poster didnt answer his question, if your going to take the time to post, please post an answer for politeness's sake. For Phonecia units, they probably were really similar to Carthage units becauce Carthage had been a major colony of Phonecia. I would make some units, but I am sort of busy and need to keep working on my Dark Age units and finish painting my Warhammer Army.