New civilization: Portugal

The file is: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Portugal.zip

Civilization: Portugal
Noun: Portuguese
Adjective: Portuguese
Color: Dark Red
Starts with: Mysticism and Fishing
UU: Carrack (replaces Caravel, 1+ moviment per turn and can carry settlers)

Title and leader 1: Dom Henrique
Leader bonuses: Expansive and Organized
Leader favourite civic: Hereditary Rule

Title and leader 2: Dom Afonso Henriques
Leader 2 bonuses: Expansive and Aggressive
Leader 2 favourite civic: Hereditary Rule

Cities:
Lisbon
Porto
Faro
Guimarães
Coimbra
TO BE CONTINUED...

I've not used this whole modding malarkey before, so I have a quick question. Is there an easy way to put all of your new civs into one Uber-Mod that contains them all?

Thanks.

[Edit] I have just read the post in the Tupi thread where you mention that you will soon release a mod with all four civs, so please disregard this

Thanks.

Percinho said:
I've not used this whole modding malarkey before, so I have a quick question. Is there an easy way to put all of your new civs into one Uber-Mod that contains them all?

Thanks.

[Edit] I have just read the post in the Tupi thread where you mention that you will soon release a mod with all four civs, so please disregard this

Thanks.

u r right :D Maybe I launch this pack this weekend, the biggest problem is produce the map of Brazil.

Percinho said:
Is the LH animated?

not yet. But I expect to do that in the future, I know there is a NIF exporter under construction, I expect use this software to export animated LHs for the game when this plug in was finished. maybe in some weeks.

------------------------------------------
@LAnkou and @Tremo: isn't this boarder for full mods, I mean, the creations that I ever did r only single new civis, not a full mod as would be "Pack of Brazil" (4 new civis plus a new map)? :confused: maybe only "Pack of Brazil" would be posted in the Mod Forum, the single civis would be posted in Graphic Forum :confused:

BTW, I'll post on http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141159 when I do a new civ too :D

I just want to say I really like the work that is being done here. In particular, I find that leaderhead very well done. The only problem is that you've chosen to do 256x256 non-stretched leaderheads that stretch out terribly in diplomacy (like the WWII leaderheads do -- they stretch into diplomacy and look pretty badly :().

For them to look properly -- first scale the image to fit within 512x512, and then increase the width of the image to 125%. Now it will scale properly everywhere within the game.

Also you've chosen to modify every default Civ4 text XML file, which is highly not recommended for compilation -- compatability -- and it's also just replacing files that shouldn't be replaced. It's better to create a small XML file, name it, and include all of your code within it sense the game will call up basically any <TEXT> reference in that directory (see "The Greek World scenario" for a basic understanding).

Then you've also chosen to modify the atlas files instead of referencing individual DDS files... ick

I highly suggest going in and cleaning up your module a bit -- for some simple reference you can use my Carthage 1.2 mod's files, maybe Uluk's FinMod, or perhaps take a look at the Greek World scenario.

Excellent job. One suggestion I would have is to make the flag without the white stuff around, i.e. have it fill the entire flag area, rather than just part of it. :)

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
@LAnkou and @Tremo: isn't this boarder for full mods, I mean, the creations that I ever did r only single new civis, not a full mod as would be "Pack of Brazil" (4 new civis plus a new map)? :confused: maybe only "Pack of Brazil" would be posted in the Mod Forum, the single civis would be posted in Graphic Forum :confused:

BTW, I'll post on http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141159 when I do a new civ too :D

You can post each single civ in the completed modpack subforum
Just look at the other ones

The country flag is always white. I've checked the XML and the graphic files but everything looks right. Still the flag never shows. Also the Caravel construction symbol that should appear in the map view next to the city name when a city is building one doesn't show. Instead there's a exclamation mark '!'.

Other than that works fine!

Keep it up!

Incoming9000 said:
The country flag is always white. I've checked the XML and the graphic files but everything looks right. Still the flag never shows. Also the Caravel construction symbol that should appear in the map view next to the city name when a city is building one doesn't show. Instead there's a exclamation mark '!'.

Other than that works fine!

Keep it up!

this flag problem has happened in many Civis around the World and I don't know how to solve it :( Here the flags work fine as u can see on the previews

Nice job there CivArmy :goodjob:

I dont have civ4 yet, cant test it, leader looks cool, but could you add in future the first leader? Dom Afonso Henriques,founder and first King of Portugal:

here is some ideas for Portuguese civ I have putted in missing civilizations topic:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3228293&postcount=92

I think Ant&#243;nio de Oliveira Salazar should be a possible leader too at least a great person. I admit he can be considered a controversial figure in Portuguese history but no one can deny he was the most influencial Portuguese individual during the hole 20th century.

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Raen, it can be done! :D

Cool :D Im looking forward to it :)

edited: if you want help with background, birth city is Guimar&#227;es: http://lescompagnons.ca/Image/chateau/guimaraes-1024.jpg

Incoming9000 said:
I think Ant&#243;nio de Oliveira Salazar should be a possible leader too at least a great person. I admit he can be considered a controversial figure in Portuguese history but no one can deny he was the most influencial Portuguese individual during the hole 20th century.

great person? lol he had influence yes, and its only in 20th century, not compared with Dom Afonso Henriques and Infante Dom Henrique, wich influence is much greater.

Incoming9000 said:

I think we Brazilians had a similar discussion about the Brazilian leader, I mean, the Get&#250;lio Vargas case. I understand how polemic a Salazar LH could be :)
Maybe its better Dom Afonso Henriques for second leader of Portugal and in the future I can produce Salazar for any scenario or other use ;)

I&#180;m Portuguese and Our Leader should be our founder and first king Dom Afonso Henriques.
Salazar a great person? u must be kiding, he should be put in the section, Great Dictator... wait that doesnt exists, lucky us.

Anyway, CivArmy, thank you for creating our civ, everything looks great.

Top Bottom