[[New Civilization & Religon Brainstorm]] The Ainym and Dawn Invictus

Somehow, I imagined the Dawn Invictus closer to good chaotic. The concept of bringing armagedon to destroy/purifey it doesn't really seem "lawful". I guess one could see this religeon as evil, but their "intentions" are good... :mischief:right?

The ends justify the means.

Anything happening with this? It sounds bloody brilliant - raise hell, then kick the hell out of it.

Only just noticed the last post being nearly a month ago. So is it dead, or just busy?

Hopefully just busy.

seems like you edited the first post :
hop : bumping the thread up :D

Just heard about this and it sounds like one of the most awesome ideas for RiFE I've heard in a long time.
How far along is it?

Just heard about this and it sounds like one of the most awesome ideas for RiFE I've heard in a long time.
How far along is it?

Moderately. I get all excited when I'm planning things but then XML is like agonizingly slow. Unit copypasta stuff is pretty well done, still looking through other people's code to build triggers. Also, sometimes I'll spend an hour or two spamming lore and then hate it the next day, whereupon I delete it and pretend the project doesn't exist for weeks. That's the main delay, really.

EDIT: I haven't bumped this because I want a working download to show for it, without spiking people's interest unnecessarily.

sorry. I think I'm at fault there (for bumping the thread) :sad:
Hope you'll forgive me :mischief:

Is there a plan to include religious schisms in RifE at some point?

It is a distinct possibility. We even have an idea of how to do it nicely. Just not sure if we'll use it, basically.

sorry. I think I'm at fault there (for bumping the thread) :sad:
Hope you'll forgive me :mischief:

Heh, partially mine as well for linking it in another thread. :p

A good civilization to play as if you want to make Erebus look more greenery besides the Tree's. We need something like this to oppose the industrialized Dwarfs and Mechano's.

This is great! I haven't played RifE, nor do I know anything about modding (and don't have time to learn), but I was going to propose another Sub-Mod, based upon the concept of "A World Half Full." It's going to be a version of Erebus that's sadder and more brutal than it is now, but one that makes the pleasure of changing it (as a good civ) worth enduring said increased sadness and brutality. I only have an idea as to how it would go, but your new civ and religion would be perfect for its theme.

This is great! I haven't played RifE, nor do I know anything about modding (and don't have time to learn), but I was going to propose another Sub-Mod, based upon the concept of "A World Half Full." It's going to be a version of Erebus that's sadder and more brutal than it is now, but one that makes the pleasure of changing it (as a good civ) worth enduring said increased sadness and brutality. I only have an idea as to how it would go, but your new civ and religion would be perfect for its theme.

Yeah, the whole dark fantasy vibe is pretty heavy - funny that Erebus comes from DnD but takes so much of its style from WoD. Personally, I want these guys to be the unquestionably good guys, with an action plan and a heaping helping of altruism to save the day.

But that's my personal taste, so I did my best to set them up for the terrifying possibility of them just being wrong. Turning Erebus into Nyx isn't a good idea; rather then a paradise, the Ainym will create an unconquerable chaos of monster-spawning wilderness. Werewolves are too much Aeron's creatures to ever be healed of the rage in their souls; once Kiarda falls, the whole tribe will turn. Calling out Agares won't shake him from his black mood, it will visit untold ruin on Erebus. And rushing Armageddon in the hopes of the Dawn Invictus winning the final confrontation is not a heroic assault strategy, it's an assisted suicide orchestrated by the worst of the fallen.

If you like that sort of thing. I think they're gonna beat Armageddon so they can finally break the Princess Rule and make everything fluffy-bunnies-land forever, and I can finally feel like I really won the game. :lol:

Indeed. I would have played WOD if I can afford it, but I'm stuck with Vanilla Civ and it's version of Fall From Heaven. As for me, I know that the possibility of them falling is there, but what I hope is that they are right, and that fact would be compensated for by an increase of darkness and danger, and that their victory, though earned, will cost them a lot. No cop-out, no Mary Suedom. A bloody, brutal, costly payment for something that is worth it.

Anyway, the modifications I would have made would have been for the Elohim*, as they have the potential for that as well (or so I belive). How do you think they would fare with the Dawn Invictus?

Edit: *What I meant to say was the Elohim first, as they were the first civ I tought of. The other civs will also get upgrades, but I would need help conceiving them.

Indeed. I would have played WOD if I can afford it, but I'm stuck with Vanilla Civ and it's version of Fall From Heaven. As for me, I know that the possibility of them falling is there, but what I hope is that they are right, and that fact would be compensated for by an increase of darkness and danger, and that their victory, though earned, will cost them a lot. No cop-out, no Mary Suedom. A bloody, brutal, costly payment for something that is worth it.

Anyway, the modifications I would have made would have been for the Elohim*, as they have the potential for that as well (or so I belive). How do you think they would fare with the Dawn Invictus?

Edit: *What I meant to say was the Elohim first, as they were the first civ I tought of. The other civs will also get upgrades, but I would need help conceiving them.

They'll fare okay. It's on a tech path they want anyway, and it synergizes pretty well. Their main issue is that they have some stuff set up to drain the AC and they're already a Good civ with native demonslaying powers and amazing defense. It's a little redundant, basically.

That said, have you gotten on the #erebus Chat yet? We had a talk about your civ yesterday, which may be of interest to you.

It is a distinct possibility. We even have an idea of how to do it nicely. Just not sure if we'll use it, basically.

Heh, partially mine as well for linking it in another thread. :p
I like it that you aknowledge your guilt... :lol: I followed your link before bumping the thread up :eekdance:

Top Bottom