New Civilization: Thailand - Version 1.1

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Perseid, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Ick of the East

Ick of the East Chieftain

I see where you're coming from, but I've always looked on this game as a kind of alternative history experiment. It's cool to see what historic towns end up as your major cities in the present day.

Bangkok WAS a piddling fishing and plum farming village until 250 years ago. And who knows. If Sukhothai is sacked by the Mongols, you might have to move your capital there and make it into a major city! :king:

But don't forget to build Soi Cowboy :mischief:

2. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Thrower of spears

Soi Cowboy World Wonder (1 Left)

Happiness +2
    Health - 2

Generates Saucy Hookers (6/6). Any foreign unit entering your borders will fall in love with a Saucy Hooker and drain 1 GPT from his civ whenever he leaves your cultural borders.

3. Ick of the East

Right on!

And I think the Bong* could be a good advance. It leads to Rock & Roll and The Munchies.

*The only Thai word picked up by English.

4. Ick of the East

Here are the Siamese elephant flags ready for the game for anybody who would like them.

Hope they work.

Attached Files:

5. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Warlord

Oh man now I really cant let my wife see this.. hehe ;)

In my own Mod ( Not really worth putting here, flags all messed up) I have Ayuthaya, Sukhothai, Chiang mai, Phitsanalok, Bangkok as my first 5. I only do that becouse of the importance of each one of these cities at one time or another

6. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Thrower of spears

That's pretty much how I would rank them.... I realise it's pretty subjective to rank them but does have a bearing in the feeling of reality in the game. I totally accept that part of the fun is rewriting history.... but I like some normalizations to work from. Kind of hard to explain :)

7. thaimodz

thaimodz Chieftain

It will be much better if we can have prime ministers as well. Some people stares at me with "is he going to assinate the king? he's planning a rebellion?" sight when I talk about the King. You get the idea...

Maybe, to think neutrally, I would consider adding some more kings. I would add Naresuan (Fought against Burmese) and Taksin (The one who moved the capital, not that square-faced nation-seller.). The problem is, can't do anything related to human images.

8. Pariasakura

Pariasakura Chieftain

Thanks for a mod on a more Far Eastern country really appreciate it. I'll love to see more of them if possible though if possible hehe. By the way, this may seem rude but i tried to change the name of the cities according to the way the Thai cities were founded instead of bangkok but it didnt seemt to work. I was using wordpad. Really appreciate the help if possible!! Chokdee!!

9. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Warlord

Well right now in Thailand's history there haven’t been any PMs worth putting up and I would say a large majority of Thais would MUCH rather see Ramma IX up there than see Thaksin. Well, actually the PM appointed by the King in the 90s wasnt bad. ( Cant remmember name?) However, the King has been the one stabilizing force in Thailand’s politics- The king has the final word, when he decides to exercise that power; that is not written in law (he is a constitutional monarch), but it is understood by all Thais and they put him ahead of any politician. I understand wanting to have a PM in there as well but I wouldn’t remove any of the kings selected to do it. Also I wouldnt say it would be a "much better mod" if a PM was added.

Naresuan did more than fight the Burmese he brought Thailand back as a major power after the Burmese sacked Ayuthaya! If he would have lived longer it is believed by many that Burma would have eventually been completely conquered by Thailand, but he died prematurely. I have him in my Mod but I see the leaders listed by Perseid to all be very good. Thailand has been blessed by having a lot of good rulers. Suriyothai has even been suggested as a leader. There is a lot to work with there. Same for Thaksin (though he became rather insane at the end)

10. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Warlord

I did the same and had no trouble. Maybe if you could put up the XML? I dont know what you did so I am not sure how to help? But basically if you just replace the city's name text (and nothing else) in the XML->Save it- you're done. Just dont mess with the Tags and all should be fine?

Good luck to you

11. Pariasakura

Pariasakura Chieftain

thanks Pratputajao, tried your method and it worked! :)

12. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Warlord

Mai pen Rai ;)

13. RogerBacon

RogerBacon King

I'm going to add this civ to my game when I get home tonight. I went to Thailand back in 88 and thought it was one of the most beautiful countries in the world (maybe THE most beautiful). The names of the cities, and everything else Thai, are really hard to pronounce though.

Roger Bacon

14. Ick of the East

Here's the Siamese white elephant flag in alpha channel form.

It has the same file name as the modern flag, so just copy it over that file if you wish to use it. You won't have to change any code.

Attached Files:

15. nop

nop Chieftain

Hi Guys,
    I haven't get to this site for a long time... this may be too late for posting :p
    But my idea is the leader and cities should not related to the current :( . Thai have more than 700 years of history there are a lot of leaders and cities you can chose. The empire name should be "Siam" ..... but I like the Battle elephant :)

16. neohyram

neohyram Chieftain

Yeah I think Naresuan (Ong Dum) is a great leader choice he is definetly my favorite Thai Leader. Say is Khun Paan in there anywere?

17. Bianezzi

Bianezzi Warlord

Siam Siam Siam!

18. dmavid

dmavid Chieftain

sawasdee khrap
    hello

i have download thai 1.1
    i can't play now i ask in orther topic how do
    i have one question is possible you
    do new city and orther king and orther unit
    i thinks is very good thinks have creat thai civ
    sorry for my english i'm french

khop kun maak khrap.thanks you for answher
    take care of yourself

19. Kabcsi

Kabcsi Warlord

Nice civ! Congratulations!

20. cathyy

cathyy Chieftain

Thanks, I'm going to be downloading this Civ. My very first addition to the game!
    As for a strong female leader, there is always Tao Suranaree. Quite the heroine, but the story seems to make men nervous.