1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Civilization: Thailand

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Perseid, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Perseid

Perseid Chieftain

2. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Chieftain

Ya beat me to it;) I've had Siam done for sometime but have been having trouble getting the flag to work right!! Anyway, I'll check it out. I cant believe it took this long for someone else to do Siam/Thailand. I am guessing you used Mongkut as Leader? I went with Chalulangkorn and Narasuen. I'll put mine up here sometime.

3. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Can you guys post some screen shots and some general information of the civ, such as UU stats and such? Thanks :)

4. Perseid

Perseid Chieftain

60 Cities

Leaders
    -------
    Ramkhamhaeng (Spiritual/Aggressive)
    Mongkut (Creative/Philosophical)
    Chulalongkorn (Organized/Financial)
    Adulyadej (Creative/Spiritual)

Civs
    ----
    Meditation
    Agriculture

Unit
    ----
    Battle Elephant (11/2)

Changes I already know I need to make:
    1. I now think elephant is WAY too strong
    2. Meditation needs to be changed. As fitting as it is to have Thailand found Buddhism, it's probably a balance issue, and I don't think it even works upon closer inspection.
    3. Adulyadej isn't really a political leader. I should probably replace him with the prime minister or remove him altogether.
    4. The pedia entries, well, suck.

The battle elephant should probably be skinned, but I don't think that's something I'll want to tackle.

And screen shots will come once I figure out how to make them. :)

I was surprised I didn't see this civ as well. I was afraid all the 'good' civilizations were going to be taken already.

EDIT: Pics!

Attached Files:

5. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

There are some "great" civilizations yet to be released ;)

You are right about the elephant UU and the starting techs being unbalanced and overpowered. And woah, 60 cities is a lot!

6. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Chieftain

I love the inclusion of Adulyadej I was going to use him but (silly) thought I was limeted to two :blush: He may not be the political leader, but have no doubt- he IS the leader. My wife is Thai and coudnt care less about Thaksin but she would give her life for the King as would most Thai. Personally, I would leave him in.

As I probably wont release mine you could use the Pedia entry I 'composed' it is from a few reputable sources and gives a pretty good history of Siam/Thailand. Let me know if you want it and I will send it to you to check out. I know Making pedia entries kinda suck so i can relate with waiting until last to do it. I still have yet to write something about Chalulongkorn and Narasuen...

7. Perseid

Perseid Chieftain

Yeah, I already changed the elephant to 9/2 and replaced Meditation with Mysticism, but I want to play with it a bit before I bother re-uploading it.

8. Perseid

Perseid Chieftain

Ok, I'll leave Adulyadej. :) And if you'd like me to use your pedia entries, that would be great. If your wife is Thai, I'd be willing to bet you know a lot more about Thailand than I do.

9. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Chieftain

Cool, I garuantee you that Thai people View Adulyadej as their leader not any politician. I just sent you the info; if you have any questions let me know.