New Civilization: Thailand

Ya beat me to it;) I've had Siam done for sometime but have been having trouble getting the flag to work right!! Anyway, I'll check it out. I cant believe it took this long for someone else to do Siam/Thailand. I am guessing you used Mongkut as Leader? I went with Chalulangkorn and Narasuen. I'll put mine up here sometime.

Can you guys post some screen shots and some general information of the civ, such as UU stats and such? Thanks :)

60 Cities

Leaders
-------
Ramkhamhaeng (Spiritual/Aggressive)
Mongkut (Creative/Philosophical)
Chulalongkorn (Organized/Financial)
Adulyadej (Creative/Spiritual)

Civs
----
Meditation
Agriculture

Unit
----
Battle Elephant (11/2)

Changes I already know I need to make:
1. I now think elephant is WAY too strong
2. Meditation needs to be changed. As fitting as it is to have Thailand found Buddhism, it's probably a balance issue, and I don't think it even works upon closer inspection.
3. Adulyadej isn't really a political leader. I should probably replace him with the prime minister or remove him altogether.
4. The pedia entries, well, suck.

The battle elephant should probably be skinned, but I don't think that's something I'll want to tackle.

And screen shots will come once I figure out how to make them. :)

I was surprised I didn't see this civ as well. I was afraid all the 'good' civilizations were going to be taken already.

EDIT: Pics!

Attachments

• screen1-small.jpg
    screen1-small.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 515
  • screen2-small.jpg
    screen2-small.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 478
There are some "great" civilizations yet to be released ;)

You are right about the elephant UU and the starting techs being unbalanced and overpowered. And woah, 60 cities is a lot!

I love the inclusion of Adulyadej I was going to use him but (silly) thought I was limeted to two :blush: He may not be the political leader, but have no doubt- he IS the leader. My wife is Thai and coudnt care less about Thaksin but she would give her life for the King as would most Thai. Personally, I would leave him in.

As I probably wont release mine you could use the Pedia entry I 'composed' it is from a few reputable sources and gives a pretty good history of Siam/Thailand. Let me know if you want it and I will send it to you to check out. I know Making pedia entries kinda suck so i can relate with waiting until last to do it. I still have yet to write something about Chalulongkorn and Narasuen...

Yeah, I already changed the elephant to 9/2 and replaced Meditation with Mysticism, but I want to play with it a bit before I bother re-uploading it.

Ok, I'll leave Adulyadej. :) And if you'd like me to use your pedia entries, that would be great. If your wife is Thai, I'd be willing to bet you know a lot more about Thailand than I do.

Cool, I garuantee you that Thai people View Adulyadej as their leader not any politician. I just sent you the info; if you have any questions let me know.

Top Bottom