New Civilization which I would like to see in game

Henri Christophe

L'empereur
Historically Civilization have many Euro-Asiatic civilizations and so few Civs from the "South" world, I would like to suggest some civilizations I believe will be amazing to have in this game:

AMERICAS:
  • Gran Colombia: Simon Bolivar
    {First president of Colombia, Venezuela, Equador, Panama, and Bolivia. The last one was named after him. He was the "Libertador" who set free theses country from Spanish crown}
  • Argentina: San Martin or Perón
    {The first one is also a "Libertador" who cross the Andes as Hannibal cross the Alpes, he makes this move to attack Lima from Sea and ser Free Argentina, Chile and Peru; The second one is the most president ever in Argentina history and still influential in Argentina's political life still even after his death}
  • Haiti: Henri Christophe
    {After the Haitian revolution the Hispaniola Island was divided in the north by a black empire and in the south in a Mulato republic. Henri was the emperor in north Haiti until his death. When Boyer, from the Mulato Republic, take control of north Haiti and united all in a republican system}
  • Guarani: Sepé Tiaraju
    {Leader of Guarani in Guaranitic wars when the Spanish empire sell to the Portuguese empire 7 cities in the east side of Uruguay river (where today is the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul), the Guarani population don't accept to cross the Uruguay river to found new cities and declare war. This war is also the base of Paraguayan society and maybe they can have a second leader as Solano López who fight a War against Brazil and Argentina 100 years later and lost, but still a Paraguayan hero}

AFRICA:

• Ethiopia: Menelik II
    {This cilizations like to put different leaders from the previous civilization. Civ 5 we had Haile Selassie as the leader from Ethiopia, Menelik II is his father and the man who actually fight against the Italian forces in the famous Adwa battle}
  • Dahomey: Ghezo
    {Ghezo was Dahomeian emperor around early 1800 and transform Dahomey from a vassal state from Oyo to an Empire from this own. This empire become rich with slavery trade and despite that I believe is possible to use that as something positive, I just don't know how... In that civilization we have the true amazons warrior called Ahosi who was an infantry just composed by a woman with Rifle and big knives}
  • Oyo: Shango
    {The third king of Oyo empire, Shango become a god and still praised in Americas as Orisha, especially in a country as Brazil and Cuba. In this kingdom has the famous city of Ifé, who is believed in all West Africa to be the first city in human history. These kingdom also have a slavery background but as a slave and not human hunters, they souls were captured by Dahomey power and sell to Brazil for high prices because Yoruba people know very well work with metals and that ability was profit in the new world}
  • Uganda: Idi Amin
    {He was a Ugandan dictator who become famous in US movie: "The last Scottish king", I believe the civilization is missing to put some modern figure in this game, I'm not sure who is the best modern and strong man to have in this game, but, as Idi Amin is already dead he can be a good choice to something more modern in Civilization 6}

Last edited:
I would also love more south-American civs i the game!

You mentioned Solano Lopez, that Paraguyan war was pretty crazy, a true total war.

I like Gran Colombia, but I also think we need the Incas in there as well. Argentina would be good too if we didn't get Gran Colombia, but I would like Eva Peron. I know she didn't actually lead but she would make it more interesting.
As for Africa, I'm not the biggest fan on having post-colonial nations there however Ethiopia is an exception, although I would want the leader in early Axum era. Dahomey would be good as well with a really unique U.U. that's never been seen before. I also like Benin from that same region.
And of course Mali.

Ethiopia would count as a returning civ instead of a brand new one but of course I'd love to see its return especially with Menelik II taking the lead.

I definitely agree with wanting to see the Dahomey lead by Ghezo. Its my favorite choice for a new African civ. The Oyo look like another interesting choice and hopefully they can be joined by others like Madagascar, Benin, Angola, etc. to fill out Africa.

I'd personally like to see at least a couple new native NA civs but I can't deny how great it would be to give SA some more love as well. I would've added the Muisca but Colombia and Argentina are excellent choices too and I appreciate learning about some more leaders like Henri Christophe.

A new West-African Civ would be refreshing and fun. Any of the options mentioned (or Ashanti, which is my personal pick) would satisfy me. Mali or Songhai returning would be nice as well.

The rest.. eh? Not at the cost of Inca, Ethiopia, Maya, Iroquois, etc. Gran Colombia is a maybe for me but only if Inca are also added, and Argentina is a big fat no. (enough with those hokey modern civs already.)

As for my personal wishlist out for future xpac, these are returnees (no leader or ability suggestions here. I'll take them if added, even if they come with +2 movement at the start of a war)

Returnee Civs
absolutely NEED to be added in the next xpac/dlc
- Assyrians
- Ethiopians
- Incans
- Ottomans (or Turks)

Should also be added, but not as urgently:
- Austrians
- Byzantines
- Carthaginians (or Phoenicians)
- Hittites
- Italians (I prefer the Venetians because they deserve to be remade as a playable Civ)
- Mayans
- Portuguese
- Sioux (or Lakota)

Newbie Civs (menioning the ones that could be added; no way we'll see Parthia, Creek or Armenia in this installment)

- Akkadians (but only if the Assyrians get shafted again :/)
- Ashanti (or Beninese/Hausa/Yoruba/Nigerians/Oyo/KanemBornu, if not Malinese/Songhai)
- Bulgarians (or Hungarians)
- Burmese (or Tibetans)
- Gauls (or some other Celts, like the Irish, Bretons and Welsh)
- Khazars (or Tatars)
- Maori
- Swahili
- Tlingit

Civilizations I think will be added:
  • Ottomans
  • Portugal
  • Incas
  • Mali
  • The Sioux
  • Vietnam
  • Hungary
  • Carthage
  • 1 alternate leader
Civilizations I'd love being added:
  • Bohemia (recent Hussite hype)
  • Gran Colombia
  • Sweden
  • Other Persia than Achaemenid

I will never understand the appeal of adding Haiti. It's one of the poorest nations in the world. It has no cultural or political accomplishments to speak of. I dislike modern civs in general, but even among modern civs I'd rank Haiti's priority right up there with the Central African Republic, the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, or FYROM...

I will never understand the appeal of adding Haiti. It's one of the poorest nations in the world. It has no cultural or political accomplishments to speak of. I dislike modern civs in general, but even among modern civs I'd rank Haiti's priority right up there with the Central African Republic, the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, or FYROM...

People want a civ from the Caribbean. The best options are somewhat poor though with Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Curacao being the front runners.

1 political achievement.
Earliest predominantly black colony to win independence from its colonial masters.
Not sure its enough to justify making it a civ but it was pretty remarkable.

I think a lot of the appeal with Haiti is because of Toussaint Louverture (a revolucionary leader leading a revolucionary nation), who is one of those remarkable leaders that people would like to see in civ such as Simon Bolivar and Gran Colombia.

People want a civ from the Caribbean. The best options are somewhat poor though with Cuba, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Curacao being the front runners.
The Caribbean has never exactly been the center of civilization, either pre-Columbian or post. The modern Caribbean nations are poor and politically dominated by foreign nations, and the pre-Columbian Caribbeans were hunter-gatherers, putting them in the same boat (pun not intended) as the Inuit, Papuans, Aboriginal Australians, Khoisan, and Paleosiberians.

I think a lot of the appeal with Haiti is because of Toussaint Louverture (a revolucionary leader leading a revolucionary nation), who is one of those remarkable leaders that people would like to see in civ such as Simon Bolivar and Gran Colombia.
I suppose, but I think a civ needs more than a charismatic leader for inclusion.

Haiti's uniqueness stems from the fact that it's the only successful (by certain definitions) slave revolt in human history, and certainly the biggest since Spartacus, resulting in a black, francophone empire in a region dominated by mixed race hispanics, on a continent where black people were only ever just slaves or minorities. Additionally, the Haitian Revolution may as well have altered the course of human history with the shockwaves it sent across the Atlantic.

And I think it should be viewed as such in the context of a Civ game, cause otherwise, Haiti's past, present, and most likely its future, are just controversy incarnate.

It's a game of alternate history, after all, so I don't think a nation's given wealth or cultural contribution to human history should matter so much as having a nice diversity of civs with unique stories, origins, and abilities. Haiti is all of that, and then some.

I guess I'm still left with should any of that matter? I agree that diversity is a desirable goal (to a certain extent) in Civ, but there are plenty of Sub-Saharan African civs with far more significant accomplishments than Haiti's, leaving the New World open to more indigenous civs like the Maya, Inca, and hopefully at least one more North American civilization.

I can understand the appeal of a Haiti or a Taino civ. I probably wouldn't mind seeing as long as it didn't come at the expense of another newcomer that we would like to see such as 1 more new NA civ...or 2, or 3.

I wouldn't mind a Haitian state so long as its abilities, units etc were different and interesting.
There are civs and leaders I'd like to see but I'm also open to being pleasantly surprised by what Firaxis comes up with. For me the Cree provided that in Civ 6. Not the most obvious choice but different and interesting.

Jean-Jacques Dessalines might be a little better, because iirc Louverture sided with the French during their attempt to retake the country, and Jacques I is still seen as a pretty good leader today as the first Haitian emperor, although of course he has opposition, like any leader.
For more information, ask a Haitian. (Pun intended)

Jean-Jacques Dessalines might be a little better, because iirc Louverture sided with the French during their attempt to retake the country, and Jacques I is still seen as a pretty good leader today as the first Haitian emperor, although of course he has opposition, like any leader.
For more information, ask a Haitian. (Pun intended)
Dessalines was a tyrant who was overthrown by his loyal generals after carrying out a genocide of the white and mixed populations of Haiti. The people celebrated his death and even desecrated his corpse.

I'm not sure how he's viewed among modern Haitians, but I'd be surprised if he was more well-liked than Louverture, who indeed sided with the French over Spain, but only because Napoleon had promised abolition, something which the Spanish were trying to manipulate everybody into believing wasn't true in order to rile up anti-French sentiment during the French Revolutionary wars.

Louverture worked arduously to protect Haiti and make her prosper while his detractors wanted nothing but anarchy and self-destructive revenge based on falsehoods and fears. He was ultimately arrested by French authorities over suspicions of sedition, allowing his successors to do exactly what he fought to prevent-- and the rest speaks for itself.

Top Bottom