New Civilization: Zulu

The file is: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Nguni.zip

Civilization: Nguni (former Zulu civilization)
Noun: Nguni
Adjective: Nguni
Colors: Peach
Starts with: Hunting and Fishing
UU: Impi (warrior, 1+ moviment per turn)

Title and leader 1: Chief Shaka
Leader bonuses: Aggressive and Expansive
Leader favourite civic: Tribalism

Cities:
Zimbabwe
Ulundi
Ethekwini
Tshwane
Harare
TO BE CONTINUED...

Why should this be the wrong forum ?

Great art, CivArmy!

Could you make a list of the changes made in your mod ? It's quite annoying to look for the changes in XML, in order to replicate them in my mod. Perhaps my own stuff could inspire you ? :mischief:

because it should be in the completed modpack forum....

it would be in the good forum if there was only graphics changes. Since there is more than graphics, it goes in the completed modpack forum

This is definitely a completed modpack. The only thing is that CivArmy considers the definition of Modpack to be a compilation of mods, and that is entirely left up to his discretion.

Also, CivArmy, you can just create a custom .xml file for all your custom text under XML/Text so less is replaced and the complexity of your mods is lowered by a great percentage. For an example of this you can look in my Carthage Mod's files.

And lastly, thank you so much for your high quality work you've provided us. I just want to say that I really appreciate what you're doing here.

LAnkou said:
Buzz, wrong forum!!

Anyway, nice job...

In spite of the Civ4 Creators r posting the new civis on the Completed Modpacks forums I'll continue posting my civis on Graphics Changes, cos I did that for all my Civ3 new civis :) I think this is the right forum, I just use to post on Completed Modpacks when I do a complete new mod as American Continent Mod or the future Pack of Brazil Mod. We creators r doing a awesome job on Civ4 new creations, I don't think its matter what forum we all use to post :)
BTW, I checked your files of the Catharge Mod and I didn't see the difference in editing the XLM/TXT files :confused: I'll check it again late ;)

Supa said:
Could you make a list of the changes made in your mod ? It's quite annoying to look for the changes in XML, in order to replicate them in my mod. Perhaps my own stuff could inspire you ?

I use to post the new lines on the first lines of each file that come with the new civ, unfortunally they r too many and I'm lazzy to post all them here :lol:

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
BTW, I checked your files of the Catharge Mod and I didn't see the difference in editing the XLM/TXT files :confused: I'll check it again late ;)

Well, in your mod you have...
CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml
CIV4GameTextInfos_Cities.xml
CIV4GameText_Strategy.xml
CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml
CIV4GameText_Civiliopedia_CivLeaders.xml

while I had...
GameTextInfos_Carthage.xml

Basically I was able to cram everything from all those XML files into a single file with its own custom filename that doesn't really replace anything.

You should use the shield from the Swaziland flag for the Zulu flag. It would look much better.

Jecrell > How did you to put all yours modifs in one XML ? Does the game automaticly load all XMLs from the XML subfolder ?
Edit: Ah, you were talking about the GAMETXT XMLs. I'm wondering if it could work for all others XML entries.

Good work!

Two comments:

- Zulu might be better named KwaZulu (sorry - a small peeve I have with Civ and Zulu :))

- I can do a city list for you if you want. Past Civ lists have iincluded the same places with two names (kinda like Edo and Tokyo for Japan) and have included broad regions with cities

@Wyz_sub10: please, do the city list. I can add it in the next upgrade.

@SuperBeaverInc.: I'll add this flag in the next upgrade.

I'll try add the @Jecrell tip to save XLM/TXT files in the next upgrade too.

Okay, here's the list. A few notes:

- I've included only Zulu towns, as opposed to other Nguni towns (more on that later**)
- Towns include Boer/Afrikaan towns and use the Zulu name when possible
- As with my other mods, the list is based not just on size but on capital, size, historical importance and geographic representation

Here's the list:

Capital: Ulundi
Ethekwini (Durban)
Umgungundlovu
Epumalanga
Ladysmtih
KwaDukuza
Eshowe
Hlobane
Esikhawini
Richards Bay
Vryheid
Empangeni
Nongoma
Magudu
Mondlo
Endumeni
Mtunzini
Tongati
Gingindlovu
Babanango
Ubombo
Ingwavuma
Port Shepstone
Melmoth
Estcourt
Margate
Kokstad
Pongola

Leader option: knNtombhela (founder of KwaZulu-Natal, 1709)
Leader option: Cetshwayo (leader during Anglo-Zulu War)

Alright, back to **.

The Zulu were actually one of many tribes in the region, as most of you know. The tribes often mixed allegiances and intermarried, etc. (as did pretty much every group in history, in Europe, Asia, the Americas, etc.)

The broader regional group was the Nguni, who migrated from Zimbabwe (hence the use of the name in previous Civs). This group includes the well-known Xhosa and Swazi, as well as the Thembu, Mfengu, and Mpondo.

If you choose to expand the Zulu to include the Nguni, the city list would change. Just a suggestion as the Nguni, as a whole, were a formidable force in central and southern Africa.

The other group is the Sotho-Tswana, which includes the Tswana, Pedi and Basotho. (This is the northern South Africa groups, inlcuding Lesotho and - I think - Botswana).

My two cents. :)

Wyz, thanks for the list and the new information! I think the best option is a civ to represent all the civis of that region, so, I think it could be great join Nguni and the others. If I have to change the civ name cos this join, no problem ;)

About the XML, I discovered you could probably do your own custom XML for every big groups, like Jecrell did with the txt xml group in his Carthage mod. That way, it would be very easy to fuse multiples civs mod together. =)

Edit: I'm testing right now. Doesn't go so well as I thought it would.

while i was adding your civs to Superciv, i take the initiative to group yours in a brazil pack since you said you wanted to do that for a scenario

Everything is in the general place you put them in, texts are grouped in one file (like Jecrell describe), the only major changes i've done are:
-creation of color settings instead of taking the place of an existing one (Playercolor_yellow->playercolor_brazil_yellow). You can find them at the end of the file
-i erased the mention of atlas for civ arts, since it isn't necessary (and could be problematic with them)

you can fully take my work (or the compilation of YOUR work, precisely) or do it yourself, as you want...

download it here
http://www.filegone.com/vinu

hope it helps

LAnkou said:
while i was adding your civs to Superciv, i take the initiative to group yours in a brazil pack since you said you wanted to do that for a scenario

Everything is in the general place you put them in, texts are grouped in one file (like Jecrell describe), the only major changes i've done are:
-creation of color settings instead of taking the place of an existing one (Playercolor_yellow->playercolor_brazil_yellow). You can find them at the end of the file
-i erased the mention of atlas for civ arts, since it isn't necessary (and could be problematic with them)

you can fully take my work (or the compilation of YOUR work, precisely) or do it yourself, as you want...

download it here
http://www.filegone.com/vinu

hope it helps

it could be a great tip to join the civis, but I've done the work this afternoon before I read this, the files r already on CFC server, I'm just waiting TF give to me the file link :)
I'll use the tips next mods.

Jecrell said:
Well, in your mod you have...
CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml
CIV4GameTextInfos_Cities.xml
CIV4GameText_Strategy.xml
CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml
CIV4GameText_Civiliopedia_CivLeaders.xml

while I had...
GameTextInfos_Carthage.xml

Basically I was able to cram everything from all those XML files into a single file with its own custom filename that doesn't really replace anything.

I've checked your file and met the stuff necessary for: Objetcs, Civleaders and altered diplomacy file, but I didn't find any stuff necessary for cities, units and strategy. where did u insert them?
BTW, I used your team color tip, the first civ mine that cames with this tip is Babylonians, civ that I'm confing while checking your compressed XLM file :)

Top Bottom