1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Colonist directly to Soldier profession.

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by maartena, Sep 30, 2008.

1. maartena

maartena Warlord

Not sure if this is a bug or not.... or maybe this is just my own stupidity, but near the end game I have a nice city of about 15 population, with gunsmiths, blacksmiths, etc and enough food to produce a colonist every so often. I want all of those colonists to become soldiers to prepare for the "big fight" with the king.

However, in the city screen the only way to make a new colonist a soldier seems to be to put him in another position first (join the colony as a fur trader for instance), then double clicking them, then selecting soldier from the list. I can't seem to double click on a colonist from the list of colonists that are outside the colony to make him a soldier immediately. I need to "join" the colonist first, but I can't join the colonist immediately as a soldier.

Am i missing something, or is the only way to make a person a soldier to "join" the colonist as a different profession first, and then changing him to soldier?

2. tour86rocker

tour86rocker Warlord

The only faster way is to change his profession from outside the colony screen without going inside. There's a button on his toolbar for that.

3. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

And shortcut: Alt-P