New community for CivWorld teamplayers - Join up!

avien

Chieftain
I think many would agree on that what is spoiling the game right now, is different levels of dedication and people that are put in group with others, who don't play the game like them. Personally I am a very dedicated teamplayer. When I started out my first game, I was lucky to have some others of this kind in my civilization. We did allright, but we got very frustrated over all the idlers, the people that play only for themselves and the people who did not reply to chat. What we did, was to break out and start our own civilization. With a lot of dedication from all and some of trial and error, we learned much about the game and we won this game with a ton of points. However, what felt best to me, was the team victory. I'd honestly give away all my fame points and medals to see my team win the game.

Next game we recruited some more people and I think we are seeing the start of a small community here. Our goal is to provide a platform for teamplayers, to search out other teamplayers. We will also arrange for several teams entering the same game, competing with each other. Community will be flat structure, democratic and non-profit. I have experience from building a 4000+ user Minecraft community, so I should know at least some ins and outs of this.

To join us, you must:
- Be a teamplayer. This means putting your team's general state, over your own fame and victory points.
- Be communicative, people that don't talk, are not teamplayers.
- Whenever you join one of our teams in a game, plan to log on at least 2 times each day.
- Be nice, we are all here to have fun and relax. Beeing nice, makes this a bit easier.

If this sounds like you, you can pm me for a link to our group. Include your facebook name.

i like teamplaying but the state of the game right now is absolutely not competitive

in most of the game 2 guys can win everything

and dont forget this is a facebook game, too much effort in it will just destroy the 99% of ppl who are casual players

anyway ill pm you, still better to play in team than solo :D

i like teamplaying but the state of the game right now is absolutely not competitive

in most of the game 2 guys can win everything

and dont forget this is a facebook game, too much effort in it will just destroy the 99% of ppl who are casual players

anyway ill pm you, still better to play in team than solo :D

We are already 20 people, so we could already put in 2 or 3 teams, to have some challenge.

Btw: Note that we only recruit publicly off this fine forum!

I am part of this group and I support it. I am deleting several other posts I made trying to get groups together.

I just signed up for the forum for this but somehow there's no PM option? :confused:

I just signed up for the forum for this but somehow there's no PM option? :confused:

PMs are only activated after you've been registered for five days and five posts. So, either make some more posts in contributing to other threads, or you can take a shortcut and ask for them to be activated by posting in this thread. :)

I am new to the game and would like to learn more and be a part of a team of "nice guys". Please add me.

I am new to the game and would like to learn more and be a part of a team of "nice guys". Please add me.

Ditto.

Im very active and will remain so... 3-5 times a day min

Just new and looking to learn some of the advanced ropes from good players. Ive played in 2 or 3 games (restarted everyone since Id find more efficient ways to play) and there is ZERO social activity or chatter.

pm me or email JClark5000@cox.net

Another way to achieve a tight group of players would be to get a team of friends on facebook together in a facebook group, and group chat with them. That might be more reliable, and it could sort out the more dedicated and interested players.

If you're interested, and not a newbie, facebook friend me with CivWorld in the comments: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002310495798

This sounds good, but before committing myself to anything, I'd like to know the stance of this group on bullying tiny civs.

What really gets on my nerve in this game is big civs invading tiny ones just for the joy of kicking them while they're down. I've been on the receiving end once or twice, but that's not the point. It's about principle. If big civs rampantly attack tiny ones with one or two players, even when they don't even have any wonders to take, there's hardly any point in starting a game. I'm fed up with using my time to block proposals to crush the life out of a single guy, and would like to find a community of players with some sense of ethics.

And yeas, I'm pretty darn active as well. Sorry for the rant.:D

It's not about the principle of big bullying small. The game mechanics itself encourages it because it awards 1 fame point and a promotion for the MVP.

I've been increasingly frustrated with CW on FB for the very reasons stated -- it's really the luck of the draw if you get gamers joining your empire or you get a bunch of newbies who want to attack EVERY empire, whether they have wonder or technology or not. I'd love to be part of a smart playing empire that builds intelligent wonder, actually works on building the technology in order to win an era, and otherwise playing the game well.

I've begun to lose interest in CW on FB for this very reason -- I find myself changing empires to try and find a group that is playing well to get with. The challenge is finding one that isn't maxed out. There's usually one smart group and the rest are kind of floundering.

I play at least 2 times a day (more on the weekend), and buy troops and build my arsenal in order to make for victorious invasions and defenses. I have a lot to learn, I'm not kidding myself there, but I'd really like to get with a bunch of players who are wanting to devote some time daily to playing and want to play intelligently.

How funny...I've found the opposite. Lots of chatter about "now that I'm king, I command you to focus on farming". Too funny. Some people really get into the "ruler" thing.

It's not about the principle of big bullying small. The game mechanics itself encourages it because it awards 1 fame point and a promotion for the MVP.

I was wondering why all of these idiots were invading 1-2 people with 2 techs and 0 wonder. That's a sorry reason for putting all of your people's troops in jeopardy. 1 fame point and a promotion? That's hardly worth the risk. One group I was with did just that, and the 2 person empire they attacked retaliated and sold everything they had to buy troops and kicked our butts. Pretty risky behavior for little reward IMO.

I play civworld with my friend and we love it, but lately we are getting sick of playing with people who don't know what they are doing, and not communicating at all. I probably don't know half of what I need to know, but I know enough to want to learn more! I have been seeking a like minded community that likes to excel at the game and have fun. Please add me. I am ready to play a REAL game!

FB name: kimberkara

I play civworld with my friend and we love it, but lately we are getting sick of playing with people who don't know what they are doing, and not communicating at all. I probably don't know half of what I need to know, but I know enough to want to learn more! I have been seeking a like minded community that likes to excel at the game and have fun. Please add me. I am ready to play a REAL game!

FB name: kimberkara

I couldn't agree more! Well Put Kimberkara.

FB name: Christine Mueller
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753030328

I fit the bill on all the criteria, too. I'm looking forward to actually getting responses in nation chat!

I can't figure out the PM thing either, but my Facebook name is JoshuaC. I hope to hear from you soon!

Top Bottom