1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Content Coming to Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WildeComputers, May 4, 2017.

1. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

So the difference between the Scythians (473k) and the Huns (561k) really is only 16%. I'd say that is actually a reason why the Scythians are as good an inclusion as the Huns, when taking the viewpoint of how well civilizations/barbarians (hey, we're talking about the Huns here) are known these days. Or do you want to count that Disney movie?

2. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I think you're comparing the wrong numbers there Leyrann ;)

Not that I care especially for either the Huns or Scythia. I just want Mongolia :D

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    magha77 likes this.
  3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It's good to promote scythia in any way in popluar culture. It was a major civ in a huge geographical room for many centuries. Of course very heterogenous and never unified. From what we know about them, they were much more than the later Sarmants and Huns. The Huns are more remembered because of Attila and Rome, but they were a short intermezzo that hasn't left much. Scythia was long overdue in civ and I hope it helps to give them more recognition. If you ever have a chance to see some of the leftovers of this civ found in the Kurgans, do it! It's incredibly and alone a reason the visit the Eremitage.

Zaarin likes this.
  4. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Imo you shouldn't count all the times they're mentioned in regards to a children movie.

5. ltccone

ltccone Prince

I agree with you about Mongolia. At one time their empire stretched from Korea to the Hungarian plain. Much more important than many of the civs already represented.

nzcamel likes this.
  6. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Second biggest empire the world has ever known, and England had little bits all over the world, so you can call the Mongolian Empire the largest continuous empire the world has ever known.

nzcamel likes this.
  7. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Well... guess that means we can expect Canada, eh?

magha77, DJ_Tanner and Slayan like this.
  8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

An entire civ based on the Canadian ex-pat community in SEA. It's a big risk on Firaxis' part, but I think it will work. I'm impressed that you were able to guess it so quickly.:goodjob:

nzcamel, CPWimmer, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Canada was part of the English empire which is already in the game (soon). It simply broke off, didn't conquer anything on its own and now keeps its land by virtue of no one else being interested in all those cold forests and tundras.

nzcamel, Zaarin and ltccone like this.
  10. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Well it is clearly a travesty that Persia, Rome, and India made where in the game before Portugal.

Siptah likes this.
  11. ltccone

ltccone Prince

Exactly. I just got finished reading "Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern world," a very good book that shows just what an impact the Mongols had!

nzcamel likes this.
  12. JosephC

JosephC Warlord

I guess you havn't heard of the fierce land dispute between Canada and Denmark over Hans Island !!

"Over the years, the respective navies have made forays to the chunk of rock, leaving symbolic claims to the place — Danish schnapps or Canadian whisky."

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-relations-warm-in-arctic-island-dispute.html

13. Panixs

Panixs Warlord

I think Canada will defiantly be in a "New World" expansion pack at some point. If you coupled them with an early president and George III then you could have a cool war of 1812 scenario along side other scenarios involving native Americans.

While thinking about this I thought that this could have a cool leader agenda - The Madness of King George. Make him change his hidden agenda in each age. That would really piss some people off on here.

Leyrann, Zaarin, nzcamel and 2 others like this.
  14. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Cool idea! The only flaw in that plan is that he probably wouldn't seem any more schizophrenic than any of the leaders already in the game :lol:

Zaarin and agonistes like this.
  15. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

I've suggested something similar to represent Henry VIII's fickle, changeable nature.

I've also suggested that Ivan the Terrible's agenda just be another secret agenda. :p

nzcamel likes this.
  16. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Having agendas change over time would be a nice idea for an expansion. Make them era appropriate.

And everyone could have a super secret agenda too !

Leyrann, The Kingmaker and nzcamel like this.
  17. nzcamel

Cheeky yes. But they were just pointing out that there are more searches for the Huns in relation to said children's movie than there are for Scythia overall. 16% more I believe you stated ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Holy cow Eagle! You've changed your pic :wow:

18. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

@Eagle Pursuit Is this a new phase of yours? I'm starting to read your posts in Tyrion Lannister's voice/Peter Dinklage's British accent.

Eagle Pursuit and nzcamel like this.
  19. nzcamel

Does this mean that if Eagle gives me an order I must obey? Lols

CivLuvah likes this.
  20. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

Really? No one wanted it? I guess all those times the Americans tried to conquer us, and obviously failed, didn't count. Then there was those silly Irish.

As per 'not conquering anyone', does that count all the reconquests we did in the world wars? Just because we haven't gone off to take someone else's lands, doesn't mean we didn't kick others off of land we didn't want them on.

Leyrann and DemonMaster like this.