New Content Coming to Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition

If you're talking 1812 wasn't it George III?
Actually, I was referring to the Aroostook "War" of 1838--Victoria would have just come to the throne. Despite the dramatic name, it was a minor border dispute between Maine and Canada over logging rights; people got angry but no one died, and it was quickly settled diplomatically through some adroit conniving by Webster.

Strictly speaking, yes, George III was king during the War of 1812, but by that point I understand that it was George IV who was effectively running things. Not that he was ever very involved in directly running affairs the way his father was.

Sweeet. I missed some of the context.

Sorry to interrupt your very important and thread oriented discussion :crazyeye:

What are the latest rumors (if any) or what is the most expected handful of DLCs to come in the coming months in regards to the promised DDE DLCs? Not what people are hoping for but what people seem to expect? Read through a big chunk of the threads, but I guess 12 pages is just too much :)

Sorry to interrupt your very important and thread oriented discussion :crazyeye:

What are the latest rumors (if any) or what is the most expected handful of DLCs to come in the coming months in regards to the promised DDE DLCs? Not what people are hoping for but what people seem to expect? Read through a big chunk of the threads, but I guess 12 pages is just too much :)
There are no public rumors afaik. Lots of people are expecting different civs and naming them.
From the top of my head I can remember following things coming up regularly.
Africa:
Carthage, Ethiopia, Mali, Zulu seem to be expected the most by the people. South Africa, Songhai, Ashanti, Morocco, Nubia, Dahomey are named, but seem far less expected.

South East Asia:
Khmer, Vietnam seem expected by the most, but there are many others that occur often enough (much more than the other African civs): Siam, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Burma and Malaysia.

Third Leader:
The third leader is supposedly also from SEA or Africa, if we follow the wording. So it's either a new civ coming with 2 leaders or the 3rd leader goes to Egypt (which many people seem to think) or Kongo if it is an African leader. If it is a SEA leader, India or China seem most likely, but they are not in SEA.

Last edited:
Thank you for this very interesting resume. I could imagine Indonesia as it is a very populated nation today with a lot of potential in regards to sold DLCs (for those who don't own the DDE). I think we have to expect some DLCs be sale oriented.

As I read it we will get two leaders from one of the new civs. I doubt we will get the Zulu now as we've got quite a handful of aggressive leaders.

As I read it we will get two leaders from one of the new civs.
I think so, too, and I think Aksum/Ethiopia civ would be best suited to get those, or a Mali/Songhai combination civ with one leader from each.

Thank you for this very interesting resume. I could imagine Indonesia as it is a very populated nation today with a lot of potential in regards to sold DLCs (for those who don't own the DDE). I think we have to expect some DLCs be sale oriented.

As I read it we will get two leaders from one of the new civs. I doubt we will get the Zulu now as we've got quite a handful of aggressive leaders.
In that region Indonesia has definitely the largest population and seems both historically and DLC wice a proper choice. But there are other valid choices in that region, modern SEA countries that have a large population (from http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/south-eastern-asia-population/ ):
SEA_population.PNG

Oh, I forgot Burma in my resumé. They were tossed around as a possibility as well.

On the DLC05 thread someone claimed, Vietnam, extra Chinese leader and Carthage.

I dont know where he came up with those so cant guarantee them..

LOL... if you look at the weypoints drawn through the channel it seems like a Canadian was drawing it and veered the line toward Hans island as a troll.... if the line was straight it would have been Denmarks... well done that Canadian.

View attachment 470939

Sure it's not caused by an irregular shoreline at one of the sides? They didn't just draw it in the middle between the shores?

I just cannot see them bothering to remove a CS to add it again as a civ

Reminder: They did it in Civ V with Seoul, and as for the bonus, they could put that on another city-state, which simply means adding a new name.

I don't think it's Carthage though, nor do I want it. Just pointing out that it's possible.

Top Bottom