New Content Coming to Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition

It happened in Civ5. I don't think they'll repeat the pattern.

Zulu's is the one civ you know will be in the game, so as long as it is not in the game you know they are planning to have more content, it was my argument as to why they won't be in the civ 5's 2nd expansion and why I don't think we will get them now, unless sales have not been so good and they need a boost which I don't think has been the case

Speaking of variety, it would be cool if they mixed things up and gave us a child ruler for once. Not sure who would be best suited to that though.

What about Emperor Fulin, otherwise known as the Shunzhi Emperor, for China? He ruled China under regency starting at 5 years old, but when his regent (uncle) died when Fulin was only 12 he took control of the entire Qing dynasty by himself. He ruled for 10 years before dying of smallpox at 22 and in that time he is known for fighting corruption in China's imperial courts, crushing Ming rebels attempting to subvert Qing rule, promoting progressive (sometimes foreign) philosophies, and reinstalling traditionalist institutions that had been repressed during prior Qing rule including some of his own Uncle's policies madewhile Fulin was regent. While he did have some failings (his fight against corruption was ultimately a losing battle due to just how internally rotten the whole system was by the 1600's, and his open mindedness to outside ideologies and religions led to an increase in Jesuit missionaries entering China which would inadvertently, way down the line, lead to the Boxer Rebellion) he is generally considered a competent and level headed ruler skilled far beyond his years in both warfare and statecraft, which is pretty much all you can ask of an emperor who ruled on his own from pre-pubescence to just barely adulthood. Plus it would be a great counterpoint to Qin-Shi-Huang's pompous and boastful old man to have a more restrained and thoughtful young boy.

Last edited:
Well they made Alex a child...

Well, he was very young and died quiet early... He started conquering in the age of 17...
What's your point?

Since I'm owning the DDE I absolutely appreciate this move! ;) How long will it be until distribution? The official announcement states "next months"?

There you go.

My best guess is the next DLC will be in late June to correspond with beginning of Summer in the US calendar, so I would then estimate that a depot (and an ambiguous DLC app, since they are all used up now) would appear in late May. My observation that the depot is introduced exactly 1 month before the DLC is released goes unchallenged. Combine that with the releases always happen mid-week, and May 22 would be the most likely day to see the depot made and June 22nd for the DLC release.

Summer begins Tuesday, June 20th (in the US), but May 20th is a Saturday. No deal.
June 21st is a Wednesday, but May 21st is a Sunday. No deal.
June 22nd is a Thursday, and May 22nd is a Monday. Bingo!
fast-forward to the middle of the next week
June 27th is a Tuesday, but May 27th is a Saturday. No deal.
June 28th is a Wednesday, but May 28th is a Sunday. No deal.
June 29th is a Thursday, but May 29th is a US holiday. No deal.

But there is also the possibility that it will be different this time and they won't create a depot much earlier than the release and test it without using official steam channels. But there is no real reason for that.

Carthage may be deemed a European civ, sure it's in Africa but there are plenty of other choices.

I would like to see a baddie like Pol Pot but he's too modern and contentious.

Someone said the Philippines, that would make a whole lot of sense along the popularist route... Joe Estrada?

Carthage may be deemed a European civ, sure it's in Africa but there are plenty of other choices.

I would like to see a baddie like Pol Pot but he's too modern and contentious.

Someone said the Philippines, that would make a whole lot of sense along the popularist route... Joe Estrada?

To be fair, Pol Pot killed a larger percentage of the population than Hitler...

I wonder if all those complaining gamers that gave the Vikings pack a negative ratings because it was included in the Deluxe (not because it was a bad DLC) will now remove their ratings. It's only fair.
(Also I think it's totally uncool to give a DLC a negative rating because it's included in a Deluxe edition. It's not the DLC's fault that this is the pricing scheme of the publisher, also it says absolutely nothing about the DLC itself and is totally useless for people who want to check if the DLC is any good.)

I wonder if all those complaining gamers that gave the Vikings pack a negative ratings because it was included in the Deluxe (not because it was a bad DLC) will now remove their ratings. It's only fair.
(Also I think it's totally uncool to give a DLC a negative rating because it's included in a Deluxe edition. It's not the DLC's fault that this is the pricing scheme of the publisher, also it says absolutely nothing about the DLC itself and is totally useless for people who want to check if the DLC is any good.)
Or some people with too much time can start down voting the ~800 negative reviews that are only negative because of the inclusion with the DDE.
By the way, the Macedon & Persia pack has also mostly negative reviews. And most of them are because of not enough savings and artificially making this pack more expansive to get at least some savings for the DDE. That should change as well!

Plot twist: Boer South Africa leader and Spanish colonial Philippines leader. :p
*triggered*

What? Ew.
I mean, in the grand scheme of Philippine history, the only thing noteworthy thing associated with him was being ousted by non-violent popular uprising because he refuse to admit to corruption. Today he's the mayor of Manila, but he's a senile old man who isn't taken seriously by... respectable people. For most educated Filipinos he's generally seen as slimy even when he was president.

Sultan Kudarat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Kudarat), Jose Rizal, or Corazon Aquino would be better candidates.

You've seen Amazon reviews right? It's sadly quite common for people to unfairly rate a product based on wider expectations that have nothing to do with the manufacturer or the product themselves, such as "it didn't turn up."

North Korea would be *more* interesting if missile silos were their special improvement.

You'd have to wait until everyone else already had them to build them, however, and even then it would only have a probability of less than 100% that it actually hits its target...

I can't think of many worse ideas for a civ than North Korea, and I'm willing to bet that when Korea does turn up in game, any representation of the DPRK is completely absent.

I'm leaning toward Indonesia-Malaysia (Malay civilization) for SEA, with 2 leaders are Srivijaya/Majapahit or Hindu-Buddhist/Islamic leader. Scenario could be the Sumpah Palapa oath that aim to control the archipelago (naval war, etc) in x turns. That sounds interesting..

Vietnam is popular, but if they put Vietnam right now they won't have the new "Kongo" for the expansion pack. Imo Kongo was added just because it's popular and demanded a lot - not something significant gameplay-wise.

For the Africa, I'm thinking eithee Carthage, Berber or Nubia. They could add Zulu again but that'd contradict this effort as I'm confident they know we dislike Zulu as much as Gandhi.

For the Africa, I'm thinking eithee Carthage, Berber or Nubia. They could add Zulu again but that'd contradict this effort as I'm confident they know we dislike Zulu as much as Gandhi.

That's a peculiar argument to make since they did include Gandhi :p.

Personally I would happily see Shaka return anyway. While he's a Civ staple, his ingame represenation fits, rather than being simply a nuke-hurling meme.

Just so everyone is on same page... there are quite a few ways to read that post. It in no way clearly states that there will be even *one* new civ. All we can be sure of, assuming its still valid, is that there will be 2 scenario packs and 3 new leaders, with representation from Africa and Asia.

Since nobody pragmatically considers China a' SE Asia civ', its probably safe to assume there will be at least 1 new civ. It could mean there will be 3 leaders per pack, and thus 6 civs total. Unlikely, but it *could* mean that.

Africa could mean Carthage, could mean Zulu, could mean quite a bit. Could mean alternate leaders for Egypt.

Top Bottom