1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Continent Names Better Names 1.1

New Continent Names from Agacia to Zinaida.

1. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain

PonderThis submitted a new resource:

New Continent Names (Reloadable) - New Continent Names from Amber to Zinaida.

Read more about this resource...

Enlightened Fox likes this.
  2. Enlightened Fox

Enlightened Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Any chance you can come up with more realistic type names, I mean ones that would actually be used. Zounds, nah, wouldn't occur most likely never. I understand these are ones you choose, that is cool but I want to see names from our history used instead. That makes much more sense to me, there are plenty that were overlooked when they designed the game.

I for one love what you are trying to do, I am making these suggestions in hopes you adopt them and perhaps more people will enjoy the added names. Peace and great idea!!

3. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

@PonderThis In the other thread, I mentioned that it would be interesting to expand the list of continents by having them named after Greek letters, such as Alpha, Beta, Gamma, all the way to Omega. This way, there would be 50 unique continent names and would maintain the same alphabet-based theming.

4. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain

Well this mod is all about finding text from within the standard game files so that if you reload mid-game, as I often do (man, I'm still mis-calculating where I can move units and blowing past "eureka points" in the research tree and having to double back) the game can find the text entries. I hope Firaxis will fix the bug where custom text is lost on reload but for now this is a good solution.

Oddly enough, Enlightened Fox, I find myself liking these names better because they sound more "continenty". Maybe that is because historically we've given continents names taken from people's names -- Europe comes from the goddess "Europa", and America, of course, comes from that shameless self-promoter Amerigo Vespucci.

As for y'all's other points I'll head over to the other mod.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain

6. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain

Despite having two sets of names available, there seems to still be people that just don't like the names I've selected. Well, fair enough. To me, the important thing was just that the names were easily distinguishable. The specific names weren't so important. However, some recent comments over on Steam got me thinking about it so I wrote a utility that will allow you to enter your own names, the Civ VI Continent Names Editor.

If you decide to give it a try, you'll want to delete this version of the mod first. Otherwise you'd have both of them installed and you'd have to make sure only one was enabled in the game itself and if you forgot there's no telling which one Civ would load.