New Cumulative General History Quiz III

Status
Not open for further replies.
thetrooper said:
5) The Highlander movies? :lol:

>> Edinburgh perhaps?

The Highlander movies claim this place to be the castle of the MacLeod when historically it is the castle of the MacKenzie.

But it is not Edimburgh (does it look like it :confused: )

Are we waiting for Adler or the solutions to #5, 6 and 7?

#5: Eilean (sp?) Donan.

Correct, it is Elean Donan.

Adler found Austerlitz, so we are waiting for him.

However, I'm disappointed you did not find the answer to the two remaining questions, especially as you now have the first letter to help

I'm disappointed too.

However, I must say that this was indeed a nice twist Steph.

:thumbsup:

IIRC, there is a Visigoth city/town in the 'Fall of Rome' scenario called Rodericfairguni.

Strip fairguni (= mountain?) and you get Roderic.

thetrooper said:
IIRC, there is a Visigoth city/town in the 'Fall of Rome' scenario called Rodericfairguni.

Strip fairguni (= mountain?) and you get Roderic.
That's it, Roderic is the lost king of the Visigoth, before the muslim invasion of Spain.

The L is the only one missing

Léopold Sédar Senghor? I looked at the presidents of Senegal and he is the only one starting with L. I know this was not fair, but I wanted to end this here.

My question comes later today.

Adler

Adler17 said:
Léopold Sédar Senghor? I looked at the presidents of Senegal and he is the only one starting with L. I know this was not fair, but I wanted to end this here.

My question comes later today.

Adler
That's him. He was the only foreign head of state to be elected an "Immortel", i.e. to become part of "L'Académie Française" (whose members are called "Immortels").

Bcause the motto was originally on the coat-of-arms of the Bohemian king Johan, which The Black Prince, the ruler of Wales, obtained after the battle of Crecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom