New Cumulative history Quiz VII

That's also one of the acceptable answers. It was moved to Paris and became the Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes, which is a zoo--in fact the oldest or second oldest in the world depending whether you're French or British, and when you think the menagerie became a zoo. I would also have accepted "Royal Menagerie," "Ménagerie du Parc," "Jardin des Plants" or even "Paris Zoo."

In 1583, Henri III had a nightmare in which the animals in the Royal Menagerie attacked him (or each other, depending on the source) and had all the animals shot. The Menagerie was revived by later kings, including that notable one of Louis XIV.

The second man, Bernardin de St. Pierre, moved the royal menagerie from Versailles. A mob showed up at Versailles to free the animals in the name of liberty. The director pursuaded them that letting, tigers, lions, poisonous snakes, etc. loose in the countryside wasn't a good idea, and a couple of years later they animals were moved to the Jardin des Plants, which until then was simply a botanical garden.

The other two men the famous naturalist Georges Cuvier and a somewhat less famous naturalist Étienne Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire.

During the Commune, the starving citizens slaughtered zoo animals for food, including the elephants Castor and Pollux. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_and_Pollux_(elephants)

The last building is the Grande Galerie de l'évolution.

Since the way I realized that is so plebeian (I saw a similar image on Amazon while shopping) I will come up with something plebeian.

added 23:06 24 May 2013

The Anti-Christ.

Wild guess - Georg Gänswein.

So the pictures are:
A hospital
Napoleon
An Osprey
Airplane (Fokker Tri-engine?)
The Pope (About to shoot force lighting from his hands to kill Young Skywalker.)
Have we had any Corsican popes who flew in an airplane?

Here's another hint

related to the bird.

Falconidae then, I believe...

Yes.

So far we have
A hospital
Napoleon
A Falcon (the picture of Captain Falcon was a hint as to the bird, other he is irrelevant)
A SM82
The Pope (About to shoot force lighting from his hands to kill Young Skywalker.)

Symbolism:
The hospital has to do with the core purpose,
Napoleon changed it
Something to do with a falcon
Had an SM.82 at one point
Something to do with the Pope (no Pope in particular)

Oh, something funny that is related

Link to video.

When I think of Napoleon changing things, I think of the Code Napoleon, and of the abolition of feudal orders wherever the empire spread. I believe that also concerned monastic lands and the laws that governed them, in some cases? Ecclesiastic institutions were also common administrators of medical centers in that time period, so my suspicion of a monastery is again confirmed.

Random shot in the dark, because of the Italian WWII plane...Monte Cassino? Or some other contested Italian church grounds?

When I think of Napoleon changing things, I think of the Code Napoleon, and of the abolition of feudal orders wherever the empire spread. I believe that also concerned monastic lands and the laws that governed them, in some cases? Ecclesiastic institutions were also common administrators of medical centers in that time period, so my suspicion of a monastery is again confirmed.

Random shot in the dark, because of the Italian WWII plane...Monte Cassino? Or some other contested Italian church grounds?

Not property, real or personal, though it's status today has to do with real property. It's as alive as Schrödinger's cat.

Not Monte Cassino or Italian property although it is connected to Italy.

I got halfway through a recap post of what we've discovered, when I realized the answer:

The Order of Malta. Descended from Hospitaler Knights, kicked off their island by Napoleon. The falcon is a joke reference to The Maltese Falcon. I had to look up how the airplane fit into it: the Italian Air Force gave the Order some of their aircraft post-war, when they were forced to disband most of their military, which they now use for humanitarian purposes (the aircraft, not the military).

I got halfway through a recap post of what we've discovered, when I realized the answer:

The Order of Malta. Descended from Hospitaler Knights, kicked off their island by Napoleon. The falcon is a joke reference to The Maltese Falcon. I had to look up how the airplane fit into it: the Italian Air Force gave the Order some of their aircraft post-war, when they were forced to disband most of their military, which they now use for humanitarian purposes (the aircraft, not the military).

^ refers to their founding as the Knights Hospitaller

^Them being kicked off their island making them no longer a country

^reference to the tribute they had to pay to the Emperor, not to the movie the Maltese Falcon

^refers to the airplane the Italians gave them

^refers to them beign loyal to the Pope

Link to video.
^refers to medieval founding, has to do with the sick and thread needed some Monty Python

Your turn, was my quiz plebeian enough?

So it was related to the servants of the Anti-Christ and not the Anti-Christ itself.

Top Bottom