1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Current Domestic Plan (NDCP Thread)

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Krill, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Krill

Krill Chieftain

So, after playing the past 10 turnspretty loosely, it's time to get back to having a few concrete plans, so...here is a NCDP, which is rough in a few places, but others has some OK MM that may need checking out (I have an upto date sim, just verifying it atm).

Spoiler :

2. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

can we build GLH, then pyramids? I don't think anyone is snaking pyramids out from under us, but they might well snake GLH?

3. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

We could but it would be pointless.

:hammers: go int ovoerflow the turn the pyramids are done, then GLH is done the next turn. So wheather we do the ypyramids or not GLH is done the same turn :goodjob:

4. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Yeah, we can't speed the GLH anymore (haven't been able to for a dozen turns). It'll get built at the latest t102...

Please, we need other suggestions for what to with each city...checking the MM and other ideas for speeding builds is necessary to stay competitive in this game.

5. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

IS ==> what are we building after the GLH? Longbow? Settler? (need to grow) Trireme?

CK ==> Units it just got a barracks. 2 LB's? 3? 4? Worker? Settler?

New City By Kaz with 2 forests? Trieme to mess with them? Lighthouse? Granary...walls? what is most important here?

6. AutomatedTeller

oh - got it :)

IS: I'm thinking Lib->Market->Court after the wonders - squeeze in an aqueduct and a harbor when those are available. Lib and market will help keep us running in the black.
    CK-> a couple of longbows - do we build a stable then horsearchers once we have HBR?
    new southern city - Trireme, I think, if not 2 - no need for walls if they can't even land!!

7. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I disagree here...WALLS, they work against amphibious attacks also! I would build Granary>Walls>Trireme EDIT: After reading AT's statement again, now I get it, DOH! with Triremes, they can't get close enough to land troops OR attack amphibious! NOW I want Trireme *2

What is our general purpose for Inner Sanctum AFTER we build the new palace? What we intend to use the city for makes all the difference on what to build.

CK should, IMO, build units non stop! We can't have enough units in a MP game, keep building best available or "best mix".

8. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Any unit that isn't being used to barb bust, happiness, scouting or killing other units is unnecessary. They should only be stockpiled if you expect to use them soon.

The advantage of the trireme is that if we park it 2S of the city Kaz can't boat us...and they don't have triremes, and we get the 10% defensive bonus.

9. AutomatedTeller

I think IS will hold the palace for quite some time and with bureaucracy will be our best commerce city - so lib/market are clearly important there.

I'd like a spy for Angle at some point to reduce counter-espionage. I have no idea when that point should be, though.

10. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I get this point in theory....but when you need units you may not have time to build them. From MY PERSPECTIVE ONLY, once they actually start costing money in maintenance, I would SLOW my building a bit, or maybe just go looking for a target!:D

11. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I believe we are already building a new Palace!

12. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Currently building a forge in JD. Workers are building another cottage quickly, then depending on timing to calendar they could either improve the sugars (ie precop then plantation) or go to the hills and mine. We have enough happiness with rep to grow to size 11, 12 with calendar (and +3 with the forge).

eta to the Palace in JD depends partly on calendar due to growth onto the mines.

13. AutomatedTeller

I think we have to consider what we want to do with this city.

It's probably the front line for any attack by Kaz, and it's far enough from our production centers that it has to be able to defend itself.

Being creative will help it get to 20% defense, but it is in a valley surrounded by hills and forest.

What's our first build there?

I can see three possibilities:

1) Walls, for defense
    2) Granary, for growth and rely pretty much solely on our military to hold it
    3) Lib, to grow the culture faster

I assume we want to chop the hell out of it, partly to get it up to snuff, partly to clear out defensive terrain for any who attack.

I also assume we will make this either a production city or a GP farm, no?

My thoughts are granary->walls-> lib->national epic.

14. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I was thinking Military ALL the way!

It is not only front line to Kaz, but also to Cav really.

I would build Granary>Forge>Barracks>units!

15. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Needs the NE and/or GT. TKY is the ultimate draft city for us, but it is the best place to get out a GA to bomb that land. It's not great production city; DT is much better production city.

TKY is capable of +9fpt without the corn (ie giving both corn and banana to DT), so with an irrigated grassland it is capable of running 5 scientists at size 9; with the corn 7 scientists at size 12. With the GT and in Natinalism, it can draft 15 turns out of 16 at size 6 with all the food res.

I'd suggest this: get the food res up and running asap, then chop out granary>forge>wait and see. It can grow to size 9 really fast if we want it to.

16. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Interesting point:

Shortly we are going to surpass Saturn in BPT, while Saturn have libs and we don't, so we have one of 2 choices, after the next tech:

• Fund Saturn to stay at 100% and we tech slowly at around 20%, or
    • Saturn fund us after they get the next tech and we get libs in place in IS and FC (so our 4 major science cities) and we go for CS when Saturn send us gold.

Saturn said that they need 5 turns to get Calendar (or Construction), but the last turn they can run minimal science to get it, so they could start forwarding gold to us on t106, so we'd need to have the libs in place by eot t105, which is doable, but costs 11 food and 36 commerce in IS (FC can build the lib quickly while growing, so it would only delay Moai by 3 turns). The return is 10 bpt in IS (which only increases as IS grows) and 4bpt in FC (+1 bpt every 3 turns). IS I think desperately needs the lib if we go research, FC...is alot mroe debateable.

I think we should discuss this with Saturn...Something else to consider is when to revolt as well. I'm no longer convinced that we should go with slavery...partly because I think we do need to get research going asap, we are really falling behind now...so getting the lib in OO and pushing out a GS there is of paramount importance. However...Serfdom is still a possibility, to pull back a few worker turns, and we do have the lib to run 2 scientists in OO.

17. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

I Like th temporary serfdom! It lets us do 2 turn chops at TKY.

It also lets us get some mines at JD

18. Krill

Krill Chieftain

I should probably say that I could do with know if we are going for slavery, serfdom or caste on t103, or if we are putting off the swap, or what. I'm still tinkering with the NCDP now, but this is what I'd say:

Swapping civics t103 is the best time to do it. I don't want to go slavery, can't really afford to slave OO due to need for research, Serfdom is decent if we don't mind delaying the GS a little bit, if we want to screw with Kaz, plant towards them and then artist bomb we need Caste. We can get into Bureaucracy latest t112, so 10 turns of serfdom compared to 6-7 turns worth of scientists in OO is pretty solid IMO if we don't push into Kaz and instead try to hold the line...

But I am interested in pressing Kaz if we are keeping them as our enemies.

19. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

If we can make more beakers than Saturn, then we should be primary researcher, it just makes sense.

Saturn needs to REX, they are going to get rolled if they don't pick it up!

20. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Saturn are OK with feeding us gold (I asked LP, basically said "We can get CS by this turn, maybe sooner. We can forward you gold to get the next tech as well. You OK with giving us gold? LP: Sure").

They are going to get rolled though, nothing they can really do about it anymore. Don't expect them to be able to help us past t130 would be my guess.