New DDS loadscreen images

Machiavelli24

Mod creator
EDIT: Resolved. Issue was caused by converting to DDS in RGBA instead of RGBA8.

I am trying to make new images that show up in the back ground of loading screens. I am using this reference for the art pipeline. The loadscreen image is controlled by the following section of LoadScreen.lua

Code:
local g_loadScreenImages = {
	"DOM_EyeOfTheOrbiter_1920x1080.dds",
	"DOM_XenoTitan_Attack_1920x1080.dds",
	"DOM_Rig_Floatstone.dds",
	"DOM_Kraken_1920x1080.dds",
	"DOM_SiegeWorm_1920x1080.dds",
	"DOM_City_1920x1080.dds",
};

I've changed LoadScreen.lua in my mod (and I know the changes are working) to be:

Code:
local g_loadScreenImages = {
	"Background_Test.dds",
};
Where Background_Test.dds is a 1920x1080 dds file made by exporting a jpeg via GIMP. The file looks fine to the naked eye (but perhaps I didn't export it in the right format?). Background_Test.dds has VFS = True but nothing else. There is no XML file since there isn't a separate UI context needed. When running Beyond Earth it says it can not find the Background_Test.dds texture. Is there a step I missed?

Most DDS-Formats work, RGBA8 (titled DXT3 in Photoshop) is (as far as I can tell) the one that results in the smallest file size while still being recognized and including proper transparency settings.

Not that I know much about what the differences between dds-formats. ;)

If you figure out how to do this I would be interested myself, Since they removed IntroductionImage in the XML I can no longer use my Custom Sponsor's Splash screen either.

Edit: Ok I caught your EDIT Resolved. so did you figure this out? and if so, could you explain how you overrode the LoadScreen.lua in your own Mod? Ive worked with modding the xml's but never done anything in lua, and LoadScreen is not in the normal GamePlay Folder so is there a special way to set it up in your Mod?

To override LoadScreen.lua you'll want to make a new lua file in your mod (called "LoadScreen.lua" it has to match exactly the name of the file it will replace). Copy the current contents of LoadScreen.lua into your new file. Make the changes you want. Then set your lua file to have VFS = true.

To override LoadScreen.lua you'll want to make a new lua file in your mod (called "LoadScreen.lua" it has to match exactly the name of the file it will replace). Copy the current contents of LoadScreen.lua into your new file. Make the changes you want. Then set your lua file to have VFS = true.

Thanks, I had thought that I had already done all that but when I double checked VFS I realized I hadn't set it to true, was still false. Thanks for the info... :)

Top Bottom