New Desert Pack

Do you like the path this desert is taking?

• Yes, go on!

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No, scrap it.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Please do continue. And please post a screenshot or two of the desert with the surrounding terrain you mean it to go with. Even if the "edges" aren't smooth seeing color matching & graphics style will help with giving you well thought out comments.

Nice work. Maybe the dunes could be a bit more horizontal, so that it would fit better with the oasis and the trees. In-game preview would be nice too, with ressources shadows on, and units shadows too.

More progress, tried a diferent tile, 25% brighter and contrast. Horizontal oriented 0º, this is in-game shot.

I like, but there´s some weird black pixel in the corners of each tile, check palette, can´t find it...hum, maybe transparent is missplaced...

@Quinzy: Thank you :)

Job at 99% completion, some minor bugs here and there to correct, but i like the result, good news is i learned how to blend better, so i can give another go at the coast-sea-ocean tiles wCSO.pcx file soon.

In game shots after blending with grass, plains and water.
Spoiler :

Very nice work Rick :goodjob: I didn't know these Camel-riding units, I thought at first they were unit_32 icons because of the lack of shadows. The animal skeleton is a nice touch too :)

Hi RickFGS, here is an inspiration for desert-resources from the terrain of an very old German scenario (Aventurien):

May be such - reworked - dune resources could be a good addition to your desert terrain, too? :)

Top Bottom