New DLC anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Jatta Pake, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Jatta Pake

Jatta Pake Warlord

We are smack in the middle of the Holiday shopping season and not a word about new DLC. I thought we'd get a new civilization or two by now.

Any rumors? I know there is American Civil War art in the files. Anything else?:cool:

2. IxI

IxI Chieftain

I'm wondering why there are no more DLCs. There are times when more player play CIV5 than Black Ops 2 (Steam).

Shouldn't there be a (large) market for civ5 dlcs?

3. OmniPotent42

OmniPotent42 King

I am guessing they will release DLC sometime next quarter. It's sort of too late for them to announce any for this Holiday season, anyways. And besides, why are you complaining? You got a new patch for the Holidays!

4. iconocast

iconocast Prince

i wouldnt mind a city of troy senario (one city challenge )

or even a civ or too. i was realy suprised how good the ancient wonders xpac was

5. Mesin

Mesin Chieftain

I'd love a Holy Roman Empire civ.

6. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

I figured we would've seen some DLC by now, seeing how it's been ~6 months since G&K released. Seeing how we haven't even heard about DLC so far, I'm going to guess that there won't be any more DLC, unless there's another expac coming in the future. If there IS more DLC, I'd guess it comes with another patch, but who knows when that will be: the FIRST major patch for G&K took like 4 freaking months or so.

7. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

Civ is already way too eurocentric. If it was up to me I would have no more European civs in the future DLCs and a max of two in the future expansion

And like it's been said in similar threads, it's not unreasonable to hope for a new DLC given the season but it's also not unreasonable to expect nothing new until next year given the patch

8. Mesin

Mesin Chieftain

Then I want the Chibchas, because the only South American civ in CiV is the Inca.

9. Lose

Lose King

Theres already Germany with its current UU so I doubt it.

10. adwcta

adwcta King

And Austria with it's UA, and it's introduction of "Noble and virtuous Queen Maria Theresa, Holy Roman Empress and sovereign of Austria..." :crazyeye:

But really now, where is Zulu. I can't believe they would actually not bring back one of the original civs!

11. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

what about a snowy mood for Christmas with an Inuit civ?:)

12. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

The Inuit do not fit in the definition of civilization
    Quoted as written in Wiktionary
    The Inuit are not a civilization, they did not have settlements nor agriculture.
    All civs that were ever included in the Civilization series had settlements and agriculture (yes the Huns did have settlements).

13. Crafty Bison

Crafty Bison King

My next bet on the next new civs that could (or could not) come out would be Portuguese, Holy Roman or Sumerian. It's a shame, cos I like the world maps a little more spread out; I'd have gone with Canadian (including Inuits, if you like :p) or Australian (including Aboriginees!). Maybe a new native american group? I'd also like to see India split up, maybe include e.g. the Mughals. Instanbul (a.k.a Constantinople) is the capital of 2 civs, after all, and if I were to make a capital for Boudica, Londinium would be a fun shout :).

14. Snoopaloop

Snoopaloop King

If your post was being graded by a professor, it would receive a "F" for quoting fromwikipedia/wiktionary. :sad: Not that I'm saying you're wrong in your arguement though. :)

Myself, I enjoy 2k making reasonable stretches to add in new civs. A lot of people hated the Huns inclusion, but now most people are over it, and enjoy them in-game. Why not make another stretch, include the Inuit, and have a civ that can possibly be more effective in snow/tundra tiles. It would only expand gameplay.

EDIT: On topic (I guess I should add something to the actual conversation) I was really hoping for some DLC for the holidays as well. It is looking much less likely now though.

15. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

According to me (and surely some other people) the Inuit are not and will never be a civilization.
    They have a society and culture, but all civs that have been in have agriculture and cities and they don't.
    Have can you even play as them if you are not allowed to build farms?
    The reason that there are no known civilizations (that I know of?) that are situated in ice/tundra is that it is inproductive land, almost nobody wants to live there.

I hope they will release DLC soon, I especially would like Indonesia and Tibet.

16. Snoopaloop

Snoopaloop King

What a great example of an out of context mis-quote, Civciv5.

..also. I could really care less about your (or anyone's) reasoning behind what constitutes a civilization. This is a game. I would like seeing the company makes the stretch to include a new, potentially interesting, gameplay style.

17. mrscotty

mrscotty Chieftain

Now there's an idea for a good faith-based DLC civ: Tibet.

Personally, I'd love to see the return of the Zulus (maybe a military civ that gets a bonus against units unlocked by techs they don't have yet?) I just think it might be cool to have one nation for whom being behind in tech didn't hurt every playstyle.

Beyond that, if there was an Xpack all I want is a way to make the modern era not boring. They didn't need to include a big smashy robot, they just needed to reflect some of the massive changes that happened when the world entered the modern stage. For diplomatic players, let them play around a little bit with the UN (because last time I checked when it was formed, the first resolution wasn't "Ok, well we've established the United Nations. Time to decide who's the ruler of all mankind.") for military players, add in cyber attacks through the espionage system, insurgency in occupied and resistance cities to cause damage to military units and pillage tiles. Culture players could battle it out in the eyes of the public and expand pop culture to piggyback off other nations (with censorship blocking options for players in the Order and Autocracy trees). Scientific players can divert science points into R&D and build their own future techs, giving them benefits similar to religions in the early game, heavily customizable and unobtainable by other players.

18. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Oops! I'm incredibly sorry, please forgive me!

19. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

For faith based (and culture...and trading) you can't get any better than Indonesia. I'm pretty confident they will be in the next expansion. If not then I'll be questioning if the staff know anything about Southeast Asia

20. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Let me know when something new comes out. I have not been on here in awhile. I'll check back in awhile too.