1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New DLC at December, 16th: Spain and Incas

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by The_J, Dec 9, 2010.

1. LegioCorvus

LegioCorvus Prince

Agreed.

I'm tired of this "Civ3/4 was buggy at release too!" nonsense. Yeah, a little. The core game mechanics? They worked. The core game mechanics of Civ5 don't. That's not a bug, that's bad game design. Right now they're patching bad game design, and even then, there's a lot they still need to fix beyond what they say they will fix.

2. clearbeard

clearbeard King

Dragon Age has released their "Ultimate Edition" already. Hopefully it's not a misnomer, but as Dragon Age II is slated for a 2011 release, might be time to pick that one up. :)

That said, I'm still mildly upset that I talked myself into buying Civ 5 already. I have enjoyed the game, despite it's legion of flaws. But nowhere near as much as I did Civ 4 when I finally spent the cash to build a machine that could run it, and bought the complete pack for a nicely polished, finished game. Come to think of it, I did the same for Civ 3. Don't know what came over me. Probably too much time reading these forums.

3. gazzahk

gazzahk Chieftain

For me the game is dead; have not played it again for 2 months already.

Trying to get the fan base to pay good money for simple content is missing a trick. The new DLC should be given away to gamers who have played xx hours online or something like that.

Having said that, judging by the comments this version of Sid's wonderful gaming experience is not only dead it has so soured the minds of the vast majority of gamers that if ever there is a Civ 6 - it will be slow off the shelves and it better be damned good.

I really fear the franchise has been irretrievably poisoned and will wither and die. Sad; hate to write such negative words but that's my feeling.

Someone at Firaxis needs to get a grip, intervene, pull up the drains, re-write the game and re-release AT NO COST TO EXISTING CLIENTS the re-written and improved game. Otherwise, I fear you have destroyed your own careers and futures.

That's what I think.

4. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

How much to buy this? Last one was $4.99.

5. Ikael

Ikael King

Any news about the Spanish and Inca UU / UB and Unique Abilities? I mean, I love slamming Civ V poorly designed mechanics too, but I am curious about it since they are two of my favourite civs.

6. Tatran

Tatran Deity

I've already accepted that's over after almost 20 years.
    The magic is simply gone.

7. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

Says the parrotting Civ basher with all of 53 posts.... :rolleyes:

Tell me, did you make your first post saying "i am no0b, dull and very pessimistic" ? You know, before you started trolling people who aren't mindlessly following the very vocal minority that hate the game?

And before you start calling me a noob, dull optimist, check my post on page 3... ;)

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Prince

Hm, I took a look at these comments in case there was any more information here, but no. Just a bunch of people saying "I hate the game" or (occasionally) "I love the game". Yawn.

If you hate the game, why are you still hanging around here? If you love the game, resume playing.

9. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

people hang around there because this forum as much more than just civ5.

10. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

11. MuteWolf

MuteWolf Chieftain

lol, yeah that was me too.

12. Ranbir

Ranbir Civ junkie

I just can't agree with this kind of business model. Piecemeal Civs as DLC. I suppose I am fortunate that Civ 5 has felt like a soulless, shallow -gamey- experience that unlike previous iterations has failed to immerse my imagination into the game.

Just a good thumbs up that modding is still available, enough that it makes ignoring this dlc worthwhile.

13. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

Well aren't I a fool! lol thanks for helping someone who blatantly doesnt read the titles.

14. taylor_cu

taylor_cu Chieftain

I didn´t post to you or quoting you!!! are you blind?? or do you have two account????
    :crazyeye::lol::rotfl:

15. KingYosef

KingYosef Warlord

Pay for something that should have came with the game... NEVER!!

16. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

That post was in response to your repeated bashing of zeCod. And no, I am not blind, nor do I have 2 accounts...

You apparently don't like Civ, some others do like it. Deal with it. Why would your opinion be any more significant than any other persons opinion?

Well, actually you probably don't have an opinion, 'cause everything you post merely repeats what other people have previously said... :rolleyes:

17. Ruberkaiser

Ruberkaiser Chieftain

I'm not sure if anyone else has picked this up, but the screenshots over at The Escapist suggest that the Inca's "unique building", the terrace farm, may actually be a tile improvement. I refer to the screenshot of Pachacuti's leader page, where the icon for the farms is clearly the same style as an improvement, and then another where you can see what appears to be a terraced farm improvement in the top right hand corner. Check them out:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/gallery/view/26/106011/68.4

This would suggest that the Inca's can build farms on hills, possibly with some kind of additional food bonus. Thoughts?

18. taylor_cu

taylor_cu Chieftain

You continue blind :lol:. I hate CivV, not Civ. And all we repeat what other person said before: it is just relative.
    I love when a me fan read all my posts. Get better interpretation of them and you will earn an autograph.
    :lol::crazyeye::rotfl:

19. Eddogegr3

Eddogegr3 Warlord

Here's a question: How do the D2D people (i.e., me) get the new DLC for free? Or will steam automatically detect this and I just download as normal?

20. Aboikos

Aboikos Chieftain

Will not buy this.

Since the game in itself is useless, it makes no difference if you play with Spain or Rome...