1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New DLC on December 16

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Supr49er, Dec 9, 2010.

1. GABB

GABB Warlord

I absolutely agree.

Modder can make it for free... True

You can wash your car or paint your house by yourself...

People who wash your car or paint your house aren´t stealing you because it can be free, you can choose to do it yourself to safe some money... I prefer to pay for it...

I don´t understand why some people hate this game. It is a good game for me. I know Diablo 3 will be a better coded game but I need something to play while blizzard finish that game...:goodjob:

2. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

lol

Instead of putting these civs in the finished game and selling it for 50 bucks, they took several civs out, sold the game with less civs at $50 still, and now they are offering the civs they took out of the original product as optional, paid-for downloads ...

And the people that buy them defend this business model ...

lawl ...

Maybe it's true what they say about adults who still play computer games.

3. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

how do we know for absolute sure they kept these civs out on purpose? thats like complaining about them adding new civs in expansion packs... they all shouldve been there to begin with, at least according to ya'lls logic.

4. Horizons

Umm ... because I don't believe that it is 'coincidence' that, for a game released in late September, new civs suddenly become available right in time for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Sorry but to believe otherwise - that Firaxis, between October and now, have only just developed these new DLCs - and did not begin development on them at a far earlier time, which by anybody's logic would be at the same time their artists were developing all the other civs - is just plain NAIVE.

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Develop a civ, please. You have a very poor understanding of the time required to do so.

Naturally, the fact that a multitude of new civ mods were available within a week or two signifies that the people making them had early access.... :mischief:

6. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

You think their artists made three additional leader art and unit graphics while they had to finish the rest of the art? What are they doing now if this is all done? Relaxing?

I think it's naive to think they had plenty of time to make leader art while working on the game. I think it's far more logical to believe they are working on new art while the programmers are working on the patches.

7. Horizons

Sorry, but that nonsense doesn't wash ... and never has since Adam Smith invented the division of labour.

Go ahead and buy a really badly-made pair of shoes ... but don't complain, because you PERSONALLY couldn't make a better pair of shoes yourself.

Anyhow, aren't you a shill for Firaxis - a beta tester or some other 'privileged' entity. ;)

And I am sticking to my estimation that the Spanish and Incan civs were ready and made long ago. Firaxis laid off staff BEFORE Civ5 was even released. ;)

Moderator Action: Please be a little more civil in the future please.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

8. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I know the first thing I'd do after the DLC was released if I worked at Firaxis would be to shout the DLC team a beer for their hard work.

9. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

If that made any sense in the context of your previous statement, it would be a neat argument. ;)

After buying shoes with blue laces, the shoe company releases red laces for the shoe. It just goes to show that they had made the red laces, but were deliberately holding them back, by your logic.

10. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

People were laid off about halfway through the development process. Unless you want to argue that they were among the first leaders finished, I don't think your argument holds any water.

11. Horizons

That's because you're a good American citizen, and God bless you for it. :lol:

12. Pouakai

I'm actually a New Zealander, but thanks anyway :D

13. GABB

GABB Warlord

I can´t make shoes but I can choose which one to buy and which one not.

They allow the game to be modded. They aren´t forced to do it. They don´t force you to buy neither Civ V nor Civ VI

You can desagree with Warner Brother because they split the final Chapter of Harry Potter instead to do just one film (and movie theater ticket). You can say they split the movie to "steal your money" but you aren´t forced to watch this movie and I prefer to pay both tickets for more entertaiment.

Everybody decide how to spend their money. Some people buy cigarettes and enjoy breathing smoke...

I show the Arts to my 5 year old son and he said "I want to play like Pachacuti..."

That´s priceless for me...

14. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

You completely misinterpreted my statement.

I was not meaning to imply anything along the lines of "If you don't like it, make your own". If that is the interpretation you got, I apologize for it.

I was meaning to imply that you have a misunderstanding of the amount of time needed to create a civ. The main time consuming part would be that of the artists; Who would have little else to do after release.

In short, I was providing actual examples to show that your beliefs are based on an incomplete understanding of the time required to develop a civilization.

15. Pouakai

Might want to update your signature then...

16. GABB

GABB Warlord

Done :goodjob:

17. Pouakai

So people, what civ are you going to play as first, Inca or Spain? Or are you going to play the scenario?

18. neilkaz

neilkaz King

Spoken like a true Kiwi !

Anyhow..for me as one who can be critical of Firaxis so far, I still have much fun playing this game and if the new patch is as good as I expect (much of it I think it good) I'll happily buy the two new civs from DLC and also buy Babs rather than using the mod for them.

I don't like the DLC idea in general, but this is current business practice and paying a total of US $62.50 isn't that expensive for a good game.

.. neilkaz ..

19. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

The practice of selling civs as DLC strikes me as being slightly distasteful, but whatever.

20. Pouakai

I know of games not half as good as this that were more expensive, so I wouldn't be worrying about DLC cost if I were you.

And don't complain. The DLC is more expensive here, so you lot in the states are lucky.