New DLC on December 16

The price is $7.49.
http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=20839

This site has some huge pictures of the DLC, including screenshots and a Pacachuti concept art.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/colonyofgamers/sets/72157625563948548/

The Incan UA is Andean Road:
"Units ignore terrain costs when moving into any tile with Hills. No maintenance costs for improvements in Hills; half cost elsewhere."

The Incan UU is Slinger, and UB is Terrace Farm.

The Spanish UU seems to be Conquistadors in addition to Tercio.

Exactly... I do what I call the "Happy Meal Test"...

Would I rather eat a combo at a fast food restaurant or make a PB&J sandwich a buy some possibly overpriced DLC that I can enjoy for considerably longer....

Works too often, actually....
So do I. Would I rather eat pay 10% extra for a burger so I can get a couple of extra sachets of ketchup on the side, or would I rather pay for a burger that's cooked right in the first place? :)

If it's only $5 for two new civilizations, I'd buy it. That's not bad at all. You guys can complain about nickel and diming us, but I spend $5 on much less exciting things than two new civilizations all the time.

We'll see how 5 euros translates into $ (Edit: someone above said $7.49). I like getting new civs (although the current ones all seem to behave similarly), but iirc Warlords gave us a lot of new gameplay, 6 civs + a few new leaders for existing civs for what, $30, and BTS had 10 leaders I think, again in addition to a lot of new gameplay.

That's how DLC works, trickle stuff out for what seems like a little money but adds up to more than it used to cost (hey we can cut out the packaging/retail costs and uh, sell stuff to you, uh, cheaper. Wait.) That's why I'll probably wait until steam has a sale on a bundled leader pack.

Actually, I'm really complaining because at this point I feel the game isn't worth dropping 5 euros/?$ for 2 leaders. I actually kinda like DLC, it can keep you interested in a game for (as above) a fast food meal at a time. I'll still wait until the game is patched/expanded and the DLC-to-date gets bundled. And it wouldn't be a Civ V thread if someone didn't complain. :D

HEY, FIRAXIS..... FIX THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER FIRAXIS GAME. First, they sell you a beta, then they spend their developer time coming up with trinkets to nickel and dime you to death.

THIS SERIOUSLY BLOWS.

is the scenario going to be decent or will it be half assed like the mongol one (playing against Gandhi as india etc etc.....)

All I can say is I hope they include all the DLCs civs into a compilation or expansion. I won't be buying them piecemeal.

probably first expansion will include all the previous material.

I think it's cool that they have incas/spanish + a campaign, but I think that $7.50 is a bit steep for that. Personally, I'm MUCH more excited about the patch.

its probably going to be 5$ so it will be cheaper for americans, just from a marketing standpoint a number like 4.99 sounds a lot more reasonable and will generate a lot more sales.

The real question is, why does it look like Isabella just escaped from the covenant and is going to beat you with that golden cross?

Bring back the Civ IV cleavage I say...

She's off to deliver a stern lecture to that brazen hussie Catherine (who apparently got all the cIV cleavage)

Interesting combination to release...after all, one destroyed the other.

Of course, if I get these, then I can turn players back up to 22 in a game...a few more and it'll be cool not to know exactly who's out there again. What about the patch, though? I want that much more than the DLC.

lol, they want to squeeze another $8 out of me for a couple of low-key civilizations. ;)

Instead of that I think I will buy myself a nice gingerbread latte at Costa Coffee and write an FU note to Firaxis. :p

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

No thanks Firaxis, you fooled me once. No more money from me.

Wow, so the DLC's civ will cost $2.5 each? Who would have thought? :rolleyes:
Bloody spammers-haters everywhere, pointlessly complaining on everything... :lol:

I've got first DLC free anyway (D2D offer), but it doesn't mean that I will actually play the game - I only needed to look what Mongols are like to know that they are broken and no fun to play (unless you're like ten and want to pwnroxorzz whatever), it will be the same here.

It's just funny that so many people knows what a scam scheme Civ5 is and yet 2K recon they're so smart and they'll score big on this one.
Not from me they won't.

Note that on the official forum 2kGreg has announced that the patch will come out first (though maybe by only an hour). So I guess what I'll be doing is wait for the patch, download the patch and try out the game. If it has made real, serious, amazing progress, I'll take another look at the DLC. As the things sound now, sorry, no deal.

Is it just me, or does that Terrace Farm look like an improvement symbol rather than a building? Given the Inca's special ability, improvements cost less gold on hills, I'm thinking they've got a new improvement to represent the terraces. Looks interesting.

I'll definitely pay for this DLC though, regardless of haters. I regularly spend almost that much money on fast food, which lasts an evening, compared to the lastingness of two new civs

My expectation is a granary replacement, to be honest, but we'll see.

I'm very excited about this. I knew they were coming, but I'm pleasantly surprised at what they've come up with (except the 7 Cities of Gold thing. Seems like a cool idea, looks meh in execution). But my idea for the Inca UA seems incorporated only better (I thought it made the most logical sense and I guess they did as well). Having a Slinger UU makes sense as well (much better than the Quechua warrior).

I'm looking forward to hearing Quechua and Spanish speakers in game, plus the artwork looks cool for both of them (better than Genghis).

It also gets released the day before my last final, so I'll definitely download and play this on Saturday.

HEY, FIRAXIS..... FIX THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER FIRAXIS GAME. First, they sell you a beta, then they spend their developer time coming up with trinkets to nickel and dime you to death.

THIS SERIOUSLY BLOWS.

The biggest parts of making a civilization is the art. Adding the art for a few new civs does not take time away from the programmers, who will be coding the fixes you're shouting about.

Top Bottom