New DLC on December 16

It seems to be a creeping habit not to answer a direct question but instead criticize again and again. That's annoying. There are enogh threads to complain in.

Because there are no plans on that matter. And if you are smart enough, you can understand that on your own. It's useless and awful releasing civs when they can't be used in multi. That's all, period.

Because there are no plans on that matter. And if you are smart enough, you can understand that on your own. It's useless and awful releasing civs when they can't be used in multi. That's all, period.

there are more people who don't care about multiplayer than vice versa. probably not on this forum, but in general you have how many copies sold and only how many playing online??

There is no answer to your question. Nobody knows, if or if not the DLC will be integrated into MP.

Yeah, nobody knows outside of Firaxis. I can say what they've said, but their information is certainly to be out of date and not reflective of the current studio situation.

My assumption (and yes, that is a big assumption) is that they will eventually integrate the DLCs into MP. My guess is that they realized their lovely MP interface was not really versatile to handle the concept of different players having different versions of the game. The reason why I am guessing they will eventually be included is because it would make more money for them if they did. Money, after all, is why they made the game to begin with.

Every survey ever done on this site indicates that the vast majority of Civ players favor single player, and that a large portion have never even played a single multiplayer game.

And people on an internet fansite I would argue are more likely to be heavy online users and multiplayer-oriented in general than the typical person who buys a copy of Civ.

Isn't the next patch supposed to be the "multiplayer" patch, including stuff like hotseat and fixing some issues? My guess is when that comes out, they'll find a way to get the DLC into multiplayer. At a minimum, it should allow all civs that everyone owns. I have no doubts it will make its way in - the question is whether that patch comes out soon (like February) or later (next fall).

Moderator Action: 4 posts from an unnecessary bump deleted.

Top Bottom