1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New DLCs incoming (Gamespot article)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Falk, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Falk

Falk Prince

2. Tinker

Tinker Prince

Oof, two similar things but divided into two 5 bucks DLC packs? Probably going to wait for a sale, here. Particularly as there are plenty of (free) custom maps out there.

That said, Canada and Australia, huh?

3. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

Haha, I was just about to link this article.

I'm very interested in what the new scripted map is for Small Continents. That may be worth it alone, for me.

4. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

I don't really like scenarios, so these seem interesting! :D Also, sooo many places to choose from! :lol:

However, I don't understand why they decided to break it into 2 packs... They seem to ssurround the same theme... :o I don't think I'll be shelling out 10€ for maps, so I'll wait until a sale (2.50€ sounds more reasonable :p)

They could also make a bundle with these two, like they did with the Craddle of Civilization ones... :cringe:

Sooo... Small Continents Plus?

5. Falk

Falk Prince

I had been hoping for new civs. The map scripts seem interesting enough, but I too will wait for a sale.

6. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

A little too hefty for just map packs, even if it is some "special" maps. I will probably buy them eventually but I think not for that price.

7. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I can't see anything official (or on Steam) about DLC today. Would've thought that if it were actually meant to be available today, it'd be purchasable right now.

8. Tinker

Tinker Prince

That might just be Steam being slow - it's linked in the main menu as well, so I'm guessing that they definitely intended to release it today.

9. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

They sure don't want us to miss the DLC

Too bad it's NOT available yet :thumbsdown:

10. David McMurdo

David McMurdo Chieftain

What does new scripts for small continents mean exactly? That if you select a small sized map and choose continents it will do a better job of providing a greater variety?

11. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

I just loaded up the Fall Patch, and there's a link to the packs on the main menu.

Edit: Ninja'd by Bob Morane.

12. El Caballerion

El Caballerion King

Bleh. Not as good as I hoped.

Reminds me of the expansion for AGE OF EMPIRES 2, where you could randomize Britain, and a few other places as well.

13. Camikaze

You're referring to Gamespot's main menu, right? I can see nothing on the 2K forums, nothing on twitter, nothing on facebook, nothing on Steam.

Edit: ah, that main menu. Strange marketing then.

14. neilkaz

neilkaz King

5 bucks for the two map packs combined would be a fair price, me thinks.

15. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

These map packs are really trying to take advantage of people wanting to "complete" stuff. WITHSTAND my fellow collectors!

Sure they already have in mind that most people will only buy it when it's on -75% discount, but it isn't even worth 2,50 to me. 1-2 civs? Maybe. But some 'normal' maps? Nope.

Glad though the patch is finally there, even though I think some things might have to be further adjusted in the near future.

16. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Prince

This is some pretty boring DLC.

17. Camikaze

CFC has an automoderation feature which catches posts by new users which the system deems 'suspicion'. It is a fairly fallible system, and about four hours ago it caught this post (which I've now made visible):
    :blush:

18. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

It's on Steam now!

Only images of Easter Asia though... :sad: If anyone is buying it, could you show the others please? ;)
    (Well, I guess the outline is what to be expected... But there's still the three last ones, which are not as clear...)

19. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

I rarely use other than "standard" mapscripts, but I will take another look at these DLCs when they are released. The map for the SfA was fun and all, perhaps not so fun that I will throw everything aside to create an e-card to use for the purchase.

20. Tinker

Tinker Prince

If anyone's bought these, some screenshot of the various outlines would be appreciated - I wonder what we're getting, specifically, here :D