1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Dynamic CIV names

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by R3ZPU13LIK4, Apr 5, 2018.

?

What do you think of the suggested names?

1. I like.

100.0%
  2. Needs improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. R3ZPU13LIK4

R3ZPU13LIK4 Chieftain

Hey everyone! I'm here looking to update the Dynamic CIV names mod as the update 1068 added a lot of new civics and it was based off of the old Rise of Mankind civics, I believe.

2. R3ZPU13LIK4

R3ZPU13LIK4 Chieftain

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

The first question is are we going to keep the current system as well, and implement these changes inside it? I'm guessing the answer is yes, so we need to break down the logic of the code and decide where to implement these changes.

The first thing to pay attention to is to ignore any line that starts with if( self.LOG_DEBUG and bVerbose ). These are for debugging.

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I've already found two interesting things reading through the Dynamic Civ Names code.

One is there is a flag for "No Real Elections". This is currently set to True if you are running Despotism or Monarchy. I think this flag should be set if you are also running Autocracy (you can't run it with Democracy or Federation, but you can with Republic, so Republic + Autocracy is a sham republic) or Junta or Single Party. I still haven't seen everything this flag does.

Two is that there is a way to create a "Something Union" name -- it's "Soviet Union" if you are Russia, and your adjective Union for any other civ. But to trigger it, you have to have a Communist civic (Single Party or Planned), either a No Real Elections civic (as I mentioned above) or no Can Do Elections civic (Republic/Democracy/Federation/Senate/Parliament/President), and a Democracy Level of exactly -8. We can't do this right now because there is no civic with a Democracy Level of -8. (Original Revolutions for BTS had this for Police State.)

Democracy Level is also used for certain checks to push you to a more democratic government. What I want to do here is go back and change the "Union" check to -10. That way if you are Despotism (or for some reason Chiefdom) you will trigger the Union name.

5. R3ZPU13LIK4

R3ZPU13LIK4 Chieftain

So basically you have to make a new civic and add that flag to the commy civics.

Does it interfere with other flags?

6. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I don't need to make a new civic, just adjust the check for whether a government is sufficiently repressive enough to count. With the democracy level check at -10 and playing as Russia, adopting Despotism and Planned is sufficient.

Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG