New Earth Map: African Savannahs and Oases

cboldt2

Chieftain
Desert Map.png

Back in July 2020, a forum user named Alfapiomega made a thread requesting a map for a new youtube let's play series. I was interested in making a new map at the time and liked his idea. I am pleased to announce that I have finished the map. The map is a large African savannah-like supercontinent with with patches of Oases.
Reference Map.png
Some other features include a large long river running across the continent, with a mountain range dividing the land in half in a north and south region. There are Savannahs, jungles, plains, deserts, and a few small islands. I tried making this map as accurate as possible, evening making sure that the map bonuses are accurate to the environment they are placed in. Attached to this thread is the WorldBuilder file for the map (Under the name Alfapiomega v41). Fair use for anyone else who would also like to explore this unique continent.

Enjoy
- cboldt2/Sangscalie

(Edit: Fixed the game file removing extra revealed tiles)

Attachments

• Sangscalie's African Map.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Interesting map! You left a few civs like Egypt and Sumeria with revealed tiles miles away from their spawn though

Oh goodness, you are correct. I am working on a solution right now. For some reason, worldbuilder is giving me trouble to resolve it.

It seems that your map is not working on the newest version of svn 11562. first when downloaded the map doesn't even open. When changed ''
BeginMeta
Version=C2C_1
Description=undescribed
ModPath=Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
EndMeta
to
BeginMeta
Version=C2C_2
Description=undescribed
ModPath=Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
EndMeta
the map loads but on every civ you get automatic you are defeated message. Don't know how to fix that.

could make the map work for me by setting the starting positions again for civs. attached the fixed map

Attachments

• Sangscalie's African Map-fixed16.10.23.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Top Bottom