New England Patriots Owner Caught in Cheap Hooker Scandal

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/22/r...man-trafficking-investigation-florida-day-spa

Robert Kraft Charged for Soliciting Sex at Florida Day Spa After Human Trafficking Investigation

Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Charged With Soliciting Prostitution in Florida

By Jenna West
February 22, 2019
Patriots owner Robert Kraft has been charged in Jupiter, Fla., on two counts of soliciting prostitution, according to Jupiter police chief Daniel Kerr.

Kraft is charged in connection to a recent investigation in Florida massage parlors that were used for prostitution and human trafficking. Several other massage parlors were raided by police on Tuesday as part of an investigation over the past six months. The spa's owner, Hua Zhang, was also among those arrested.

Kraft is one of 25 people who will face charges. Police said video evidence shows Kraft involved in sex acts at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa. This video has not been made available to the public.

Police said they have video evidence of Kraft visiting the spa twice, and he was driven there both times. Police told reporters that Kraft has not been arrested. An arrest warrant will be issued, and his attorneys will receive notice.

According to reporter Mike Garafolo, the Palm Beach County state's attorney office told the NFL Network that Kraft's warrant is expected to be issued on Monday. Kraft faces secondary misdemeanor charges, which comes with a maximum penalty of up to 60 days in jail per charge.

An affidavit of probable cause filed by Jupiter police revealed that they began their investigation by searching online reviews of the spa. Several reviewers used a slang term for a sex act that male customers could receive. Police surveyed the business for 24 hours in November and saw only male clients arriving, even though the sign advertises services mostly used by women.

An investigator from the Florida Department of Health inspected the spa for police and saw two rooms with beds, sheets and pillows. The investigator also saw dressers with personal iteams and a refrigerator filled with food, indicating women were living at the spa.

In January, police held traffic stops for men leaving the spa in their vehicles. Several men told police during the interviews that they had participated in sex acts at the spa. Police used that information to obtain a search warrant to monitor and record the spa's activity. Over the course of five days, starting on Jan. 18, the police monitored video of 26 men engaging in sex acts there.

The Patriots have yet to issue a comment on the situation. A spokesperson for Kraft released a statement, saying, "We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further."

The NFL also released a statement on Kraft and his charge.

"The NFL is aware of the ongoing law enforcement matter and will continue to monitor developments," the league said.

When contacted by the MMQB, the Jupiter Police Department said they will not releasing any further information on Kraft at the moment.

Kraft, 77, was in Florida for a fundraiser for the Dana-Farber Institute that was held on Saturday. He was also in attendance at the NBA All-Star Game in Charlotte over the weekend.

Kraft has owned the Patriots for 25 years. The Patriots won their sixth Super Bowl under Kraft with a win in Super Bowl LIII earlier this month. According to Forbes, Kraft is worth about $6.6 billion. He bought the Patriots for $172 million in 1994. Kraft is also the owner of the MLS’s New England Revolution and an honorary chairman of the United Bid to bring the 2026 World Cup to North America.

Kraft's wife, Myra Hiatt, died in 2011. The couple had four sons. He has been dating 39-year-old actress Ricki Noel Lander since 2012.

You're a billionaire and you have to resort to the lowest cost hookers instead of the actress half your age that you're 'dating'?

I think some of these billionaires dating much younger women are not really getting action in the bedroom. She gets money, he feeds his ego with a 'trophy wife', so both are happy in one way, but secretly there is nothing happening in the bedroom, maybe even sleeping in separate rooms (this includes Trump, btw).

I don't get the connection between Kraft purchasing the services of a sex worker and human trafficking.

I mean, the location was being investigated for trafficking, but based on the story he wasn't involved with that. I guess they want to make sure he sounds suitably deviant.

I think some of these billionaires dating much younger women are not really getting action in the bedroom. She gets money, he feeds his ego with a 'trophy wife', so both are happy in one way, but secretly there is nothing happening in the bedroom, maybe even sleeping in separate rooms (this includes Trump, btw).

That's a good observation. But, seriously, if you were a very wealthy older man, and your potential trophy wife wasn't giving you the sex you wanted, why not find a different one? It's not like it's that hard to do, with the money involved.

I don't get the connection between Kraft purchasing the services of a sex worker and human trafficking.

I mean, the location was being investigated for trafficking, but based on the story he wasn't involved with that. I guess they want to make sure he sounds suitably deviant.

This is a fundamental problem with the "moralistic" approach to sex workers. The more they crack down on sex workers, the more likely that those sex workers will be forced, rather than voluntarily doing it.

Apparently, the women were sex traffic victims; they worked 8 or more tricks a day with few days off and had 1500 or more customers a year. They also were moved around from site to site. The 200 or so guys caught on tape were collateral damage to the investigation.

If I'm not mistaken, the public defense (in the sense of statements to the press) from his legal team is to draw a distinction between him patronizing the place and him materially supporting sex trafficking. In other words he didn't know they were sex slaves and him paying for prostitutes does not make him a sex trafficker, or so they are arguing.

That makes sense... On the other hand, maybe it should have been obvious the girls were being coerced or forced into sex acts.

the bigger scandal is Megabucks Jeffery Epstein getting off on trafficking charges because our current secy of labor dropped the federal case back then letting the state slap him on the wrist.

I thought the same thing, why does a billionaire need to go to an asian spa? Surely he could just shower any number of attractive young women with gifts to get them to put out, or use a more high end discreet service or something.

Law enforcement organizations are currently subscribed to a public relations scheme where they refer to pretty much all prostitution enforcement as 'human trafficking cases.'

I thought the same thing, why does a billionaire need to go to an asian spa? Surely he could just shower any number of attractive young women with gifts to get them to put out, or use a more high end discreet service or something.
You don't pay women for sex.
You pay them so they leave you alone afterwards.
I'm guessing the spa offered best price/quality/convenience ratio from that POV.

If you're a noted public figure concerned about your reputation but you still want sex going after sex trafficked prostitutes who aren't likely to recognize you, not likely to remember you, and not likely to believed probably has a draw.

In addition ite quite probable that he's a sick bastard who gets off on the fact that they're victimized and powerless. I don't think he's stupid enough to not recognize them as victims.

I'll go with the former. But it doesn't make him any less stupid for getting caught on camera.

Do you think this could at least partially explain why Tom Brady's balls kept getting deflated?

Top Bottom