NEW expansion - Civilization III: Conquests

Originally posted by n8mac
Frunobulax, you have been recognized by the ones on the outside! (SOTD #145)
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks for that n8mac !

It's nice to see some Mac-related content on the main page, though it'd be better if it really was C3C or PTW for Mac.. one well, back to the Editor...

Good onya, Fruno. You went, like, beyond our elite Mac humour and produced something universal.

BTW: how did you do that shot?

Originally posted by Sid
Good onya, Fruno. You went, like, beyond our elite Mac humour and produced something universal.

Thanks !

Originally posted by Sid
BTW: how did you do that shot?

It only took about 30-40 minutes using Photoshop. I used Brad's [Mac] Editor to create a desert island in the middle of nowhere and took a screenshot of that (shift+apple+3). I then took an existing coastal city from one of my Civ3 saves and pasted that onto the island, adjusting the coastline with a pencil tool (very slow), likewise with the Advisor window. Then I blanked-out all the original text with cut+pasted bits of the background artwork and added my new words over the top using the "Civ3 Fonts" font, which I'd grabbed from the install disk and popped in my Mac's font folder... et voila! It's good fun when it looks almost real!

Thanks for explaining, fruno. I look forward to your next 'forgery.'

OT: And, if anyone else hasn't done so, I recommend clicking on the 'Resonance' button -- you Mac guys are creative. Me, I'm just a receiver of cultural products.

MinutiaeMan said:
The urge to curse here is very strong. I've been reading the other threads on PTW... obviously sales have been enough to plan on a second expansion pack. And yet they keep promising us Mac users stuff but never delivering.

All we have is the wonderful Brad Oliver, without whom we'd still be stuck without any editor at all and probably no hope of getting past v1.21g! Dare we make any speculation on when this little gem will make it to our platform?

*sigh*

If Macs are so great, why do I hear people constantly crying about how they can't play the games they want to play?

Well, most of us *still* prefer to use Macs even though the games support is lousy.

But you won't hear complaints from me. I can live without C3C and PtW quite happily, thanks.

Does anyone know when Conquests comes out for Mac? I don't want to switch platforms, but if we Mac users will always be at least a year behind the PC for neat games, isn't time for a change? Thanks for any responses. :mad:

Hi. Welcome to MacCFC. :wavey:

Never, probably. Civ4 is on the horizon now, so I imagine any investment in Civ for Mac will be put into that.

mightymike said:
Does anyone know when Conquests comes out for Mac? I don't want to switch platforms, but if we Mac users will always be at least a year behind the PC for neat games, isn't time for a change? Thanks for any responses. :mad:

Hi

I guess (i hope) you had not chosen your System depending on which games are playable, and which not.

I, and I guess most of us, have chosen an Apple Macintosh because of not getting troubled with MS stuff.

So, if you just want to play, well, indeed you will be more comfortable with an Windows System.
If not - stay different. It's worth it. Altough there is no PtW and no C3C.

Agreed.

If your computer is only a games machine then a Mac is the wrong choice. You never see MacOS, just the game designers' user interfaces, and they are the same on both platforms, so you might as well get a PC, with more games available.

If you want a productive and fun system to use for a range of computing activities, and you also want to play some games, then a Mac is the only sensible choice.

Trust me, there's nothing magical about PTW or Conquests. They're just add-ons that were pushed out to keep players' attention until Civ4 comes out :mischief:

In my day, we had ONE mac game: find the "any" key. And we liked it.
;)
There was a day when Mac had one cool game that windows didn't. That was back in the era of "Marathon." Then M$ bought Bungie and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. These days, while we've got a first class OS, we're sec... Third class in the gaming world (Linux has more rabid game fans than we do).

Ever heard of a Mac Gamer? Neither have we.

EJ

ejday said:
In my day, we had ONE mac game: find the "any" key. And we liked it.
:lol:

I remember those days...

AlanH said:
If your computer is only a games machine then a Mac is the wrong choice. You never see MacOS, just the game designers' user interfaces, and they are the same on both platforms, so you might as well get a PC, with more games available.

Correction: I should have said "... so you might as well get a PC, with more games available, but please hide the ugly SOB under the desk :D

ejday said:
when Mac had one cool game that windows didn't. That was back in the era of "Marathon." Then M$ bought Bungie and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
EJ

:lol: made me laugh. Mac supporters are a sad bunch :D .

*runs away*

MeteorPunch said:
:lol: made me laugh. Mac supporters are a sad bunch :D .

*runs away*
Therein lies the irony: in the gaming aspect, we're definitely a frustrated bunch (thought things are slowly getting better). In the general OS and computing life aspect, we're (dare I say?) smugly happy. It all balances out, I suppose.

EJ

Top Bottom