1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New expansions should focus on..

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Jheronimus, Jul 26, 2006.

?

1. New stuff to use in costum games

75.0%
  2. New stuff to use in new scenarios

3.6%
  3. New stuff for newly added scenarios and to us in costum games

21.4%
  1. Jheronimus

Jheronimus Warlord

This poll is to see what others think of this, because I'm extremely dissapointed with the fact that the latest expasion focussus so much on scenarios and new stuff to use only there. But I'm a costum game player not a scenario player, I want new things to use in costom games, do you also agree and do you think the developers should focus more on new things for costum games next time?

2. monkspider

monkspider Warlord

I think Warlords mixed approach worked rather well, IMO.

3. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

I'm a custom game player too. I don't like scenarios unless they're based on something I'm actually interested...... and so far.. only the desert war scenario has captured my interest.

If the expansion had some ww2 scenarios and maybe a cold-war one then maybe I'd get it. The way it stands, I'll probably pick it up in a bargin bucket in 6 months time.

4. upstart

upstart Warlord

No scenarios for me. Never have liked 'em. Give me old fashioned civ gameplay anyday.

And besides, mod makers are great at scenarios. No reason for firaxis to work on something dozens of talented modders are doing at the same time. Add some gameplay elements, gameplay refinements, ect.

5. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

A war themed expansion would be nice. Like they said warlords was going to be, before they decided it was just going to be a bunch of crappy scenarios.

6. Judge Dee

Judge Dee District Magistrate

I'd like a diplomacy-centred, or research-centred expansion. I'm a builder, always have been. I've also never really cared about scenarios, but I'll likely give the ones in Warlords a try, just for kicks.