New Feature Request - Destroy goods

Raubwuerger

Warlord
Sometimes it wood be fine to destroy goods.
  • If you are in a war and the enemy is about to conquer your town, you should be able to destroy valueable goods like gold, silver, weapons, horses, ... So they can't fall into the hands of the enemy.
  • If you have plenty of one specific good (e.g. furs) and the storage will be overfilled and you will loose some other valueable goods. Often I would like to build an Track (to store some goods), and get
    lack of 1 tool, 1 horse, 1 sailcloth ... grrr
  • Or if you put the goods on a ship you should be able to drop them simply into the ocean ...
    (I already hear greta thunberg shout: "How dare you..." :crazyeye:)
Of course this shouldn't be possible immediatly, but should take (at least) 1 turn of preparation time. And it shouldn't be able to be canceled.

It is possible already by using Ships or Transport Units. - Although I agree it is not really the most comfortable way of disbanding goods. :)
All you need to do is load whatever amount you want to get rid off onto a Transport or Ship, then select the goods just like a Unit and "disband Unit".

Also the aspect of destroying goods so they can not fall into the hands of the enemy when he is capturing cities is kind of an exploit for me.:sad:
I would actually hate if AI would do it and thus consider it kind of cheap if I would do it.

What has been requested already is however "control which goods are thrown away" in case of Custom House overflow. :think:
That one might be useful, I am just not sure if it is worth the effort and also worth adding more compelxity to Custom House UI.

I am not sure, if it really needs a new function. :dunno:

Last edited:
Top Bottom