1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New FFH2 player.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by TimmyTheNerd, Jun 26, 2012.

1. TimmyTheNerd

TimmyTheNerd Chieftain

So, a few things.

1. Hello. My name is Timmy.

2. I'm new to Civ4 (and the Civ series all together) and I am a Civ Addict.

3. FFH2...best mod for Civ4:BtS that I've ever played.

4. Any Clan of Embers wallpapers that anyone can point me too? Or Elohim. Or Belseraph. >_> I like all three.

5. SPIDERS! >_< This game has given me arachnophobia with how many times the freaking giant spiders has killed my scouts. WHY! *sob* They were just scouts, they didn't even attack you. Why must the spiders be so mean!

6. Barbarians tend to like me around Turn 50. It's like someone paints a target on my Civ and the Barbarians go OMNOMNOMNOMNOM! I've been wiped out twice so far by them. One time while I was playing Balseraph, and another time when I was giving Ljosalfar a try.

7. My pet cat now goes by Giggles.

2. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

Hi !

welcome to the forum :D

and true, FFH is one of the best civ4 mod (well I'm not objectiv about it, I played few of the other mods).

if you got any question, feel free to browse the forum, ask questions....

the forum seems to be dormant, but there are always some few remaining ghosts that wander by here.

3. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171747&highlight=wallpaper

If you haven't played any modmods of FfH, you have no idea ...

4. timfi

timfi Chieftain

Calavente

No, there is also modding going on.

TimmyTheNerd

Hey, since the mod is no longer supported, you should use one of the modmods. E.g. Tholal's More naval AI, which eliminates bugs and improves stability and AI, or some others that expand the setting further.

Well, scouts got killed by everything, and survive quite rarely - and it's OK...

I think, simply building enough warriors - 3 per city depending on the surroundings - would solve that. Especially since the AI never attempts a rush. And well. Not neglecting archery/bronze working. I was wiped out myself - by uberpromoted wraith and the elite guardian of layer... If the latter can be avoided by not exploring with fresh and weak units, I don't know what to say about the first...

5. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

hey guys, i have just now downloaded the mod. now downloading the patch. i have a real bad luck with downloaded stuff. hope this works.....

:|

6. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

another stuff to ask, you can only play as Kylorins ? i started off twice now, i never got any iron/bronze/horses ... :(

7. snarko

snarko DLLer

Sounds like you are playing Age of Ice, a different mod that was included with BtS. It tells the story of what happened before FfH 2.

8. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

Age Of Ice is a scenario...
    FFH is the mod from which Age of Ice was created (as describing the years before FFH)

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Frankly, I got bored with Age of Ice's first turns :p

10. Aroddo

Aroddo Emperor

TIMMYYYYY!

Small advice: Don't install the modmods unless you think vanialla FFH is getting boring.

Also try to play on hardest level. That way you really have to take advantage of a civilization's strength.

11. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

I think the More Naval AI is included in patch o (or earlier) for FFH2.

12. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

nope, naval AI requires patch O

13. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

Sory for the Newbie questions, and for tagging on someone elses thread.

I recently pulled FfH2 down at the same time as C2C. Admitidly I haven't played FfH2 yet, but had some quick general questions that I didn't see the answers to on the FAQ.

Does the 'final' version I downloaded (as linked to from the MODs Link List thread) already contain Patch O? If not, is there any special installation instructions? That is do I copy/replace the folder or is it just specific files.

Likewise, is the Media file download included in the 'final' version? Presuming not, does it go into or replace the FfH2 Assets folder or sub folders?

- Thank you

14. Aroddo

Aroddo Emperor

The "latest" version found here is apparently 2.0.41n ... the patch linked on the same page is 2.0.41o ...
    So get the patch, too.
    Special installation instructions: double-click on file.
    Media isn't included, so download it too und double click. You don't need it, but they put some pretty awesome music in for every faction, religion and so on ... adds tons to flavor, really.
    Last time i looked you install it via double click.

I think you can safely ignore the blue marble files, though.

15. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

Thank you. I'll try it later tonight (as well as grabbing the manual).

The C2C instructions require a little manual intervention, I'd forgotten if I did the same when I grabbed this mod. Particularly because I'm running it on an XP machine.