1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Forum - Master of Mana download

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, Dec 15, 2010.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

1.3 + 1.41 works fine or me and many others so maybe you got some corrupted files? try redownloading and if it still doesn't work ask at www.masterofmana.com

2. Greeneyedzombie

Greeneyedzombie King

in 1.42 when you save a map in wb, and then load the map, no barbarians will spawn.

3. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

I'll report this in the bug section in the new forum.

4. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I can't be bothered to register on your new forum just to ask a question so here it is.

I am using the newest version, 1.3 with the 1.42 patch. For some reason, when ever I try to start a custom game the mod just crashes for me. I am using the absolute default settings for Erebus continent with the time victory disabled but other than that completely default. I newer had any problems with the old versions using the same settings. So what gives?

5. Greeneyedzombie

Greeneyedzombie King

If you can do it? that would be great.
    I don't want to register to another forum

6. graywarden

graywarden King

it almost has to be a corruption somewhere, if you were stable prior to 1.42.

I would suggest a clean install.

Delete all current MoM folders in the Mod directory.

Install 1.3 full version
    Install 1.42 patch

the problem should not be in the custom game settings, which I use on 90% of testing.

7. PPQ_Purple

Thanks for the reply.

I used to run 1.3 unpatched and it worked fine. Than I updated to 1.42 and that's when I started getting the crashes. I did the whole delete and blank install thing both before the original install (to be sure) and a second time before I came here and still no luck.

One interesting thing is that play now seems to work. When I first ran the install I started a play now game with completely random settings, just clicking next->next->next to reset the ini file and that worked fine. But when I try to run a custom game it crashes.

The actual crash happens exactly when I click the launch button on the play now meny. The interface disappears to reveal the background image from the main screen and than a second or two later the game crashes.

This said, the forum said I don't need any of the intermediary patches between 1.3 vanilla and patch 1.42. So I did not install any of them. Should I have?

8. esvath

I already posted your message in MoM's forum. Feel free to post bugs/ideas/something else here, I'll post them to MoM's forum. AFAIK, Graywarden also visit this forum regularly so your message will be delivered into the right hand :)

9. PPQ_Purple

... It's been days. Anyone have any idea how to make it work?

10. esvath

There were no complaint similar to yours in MoM forum. Sephi is at his cave to finish coding/take a break for a while, so there are no response from the team too.

Sorry, all I can suggest is redownload 1.3 and 1.42, then re-install MoM.

11. PPQ_Purple

Tried that several times... :(
    Thanks anyway. At least I now know not to hope.

12. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

come on... want a hug? Register in the MoM-Forum and ask there again. Btw, I can't recall someone with a similar problem... maybe some strange interference with another mod?

Here is your request: http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2639

Greez,

Tschuggi

13. tesb

tesb Emperor

if play now works and custom game does not, chances are that there is a setting that will cause the crash (captain obvious to the rescue).
    i remember vaguely that there was an earlier report about such a setting that caused the crash, i believe it was permanent alliances or some diplomatic related option, but again i am not so sure. i hope sephi fixes this in the future.

regarding your question, you need 1.3 and patch it to 1.42. no intermediate patches are needed.

14. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

Maybe it won't make a difference but when I installed (this past weekend) I installed: 1.3 -> 1.40 -> 1.42

15. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

aquablue responed in the MoM-forum:

16. PPQ_Purple

You guys are epic. I re checked everything, cleaned all the folders etc. And it turns out that it was permanent alliances. For some reason the option was turned on by default when I run play now to reset things.

17. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

cool! Congrats. Enjoy the game now. Btw, ideal setting is normal speed, standard or large size map, max. 2 additional civs as the default ones.

18. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

is anyone else getting this message "./cache/ is NOT writable."when trying to enter the new forum? I can't enter the site... I hope it is due to a massive upload from the master...

19. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Same for me...also comes up when I try to view details of the 1.4 and 1.42 patches. Also I don't find a download like for them on the site, only the 1.3 complete download link :(

20. tesb

tesb Emperor

yes, same for me.